Jaguar News: Rumorpile: Jaguar To Offer Hotter XF?

William Maley

William Maley

Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

February 3, 2012

Jaguar could be planning a hotter version of the XFR sedan. Sources tell Autocar that the current XFR with its 510 HP supercharged V8 is “a bit outgunned” by the new BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, and Jaguar plans to build a faster model that will carry XFR-S badge.

The R-S badge, seen on the XKR-S means tweaks to chassis, engine, and more aggressive look. The supercharged V8 could see its horsepower raised to 550. Also, the pricetag will go up as well, somewhere in the $90,000 range.

Source: Autocar

View full article

Sweet, just one Question for Jaguar.

WHY just equal BMW or AMG, why not Better them on Horsepower and Torque???

People buying this auto will want to beat their competition.

Since the Supercharged XF makes 470 hp, I think they could just make the XFR at 550 hp. Do they really need 470, 510, and 550 hp options, seems like a lot for lower volume cars like Jaguar makes. I'd rather see the XFR bumped to 550 hp, and the XFR-S version being the same engine but lighter weight through carbon fiber, magnesium, titaniam, etc.

More importantly, where is the XJR???

Since the Supercharged XF makes 470 hp, I think they could just make the XFR at 550 hp. Do they really need 470, 510, and 550 hp options, seems like a lot for lower volume cars like Jaguar makes. I'd rather see the XFR bumped to 550 hp, and the XFR-S version being the same engine but lighter weight through carbon fiber, magnesium, titaniam, etc.

More importantly, where is the XJR???

Agreed re the XJR.

As for the XF variants, I agree the lighter weight idea is great, but if the changes are a matter of engine electronics (software) changes, more variants won't mean much added cost or complexity.