Who needs 4wd to have fun?

Jeeagle

Ever since I got the 97 ZJ I've been itching to have it earn it's Jeep name under my care.

Today, it did just that. I managed not to get stuck at all, and hit some pretty nice trails. Here are just a few photos and vids. Both Jeeps are 2wd, we had a Friend come with us that had a Dodge Ram Diesel 4x4 but a pin hole leak in his radiator ended his fun at the start of the trail.

I will say, with low tread front tires, basically new rear tires (used) the Jeep exceed my expectations. Once it made it through one area I would go further in to see how far she could go. But what really got me, I started the jeep around 11 o clock, and did not turn it off til after 4 after traveling 20 miles there and back, then playing around for 3-4 hours and I barely used any fuel. I started with 3/4 tank and now just lil close to the half way mark.

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Showing off that stock flex!

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

th_MVI_0100.jpg

th_MVI_0103.jpg

th_MVI_0104.jpg

End Report

Present left by jeep in waffle house parking lot.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

For what it is worth, I realize the trails were not that hardcore, but was what I considered beyond a Stock Jeeps limits atleast a 2WD at that. For those wondering, Jeep did not have fog lights factory, or Front recovery tow hooks. I am one foglight and Autoheadlamp sw away from having them.

I myself udnerrated the capabilites of the 2wd jeep. I found and installed the front Tow/recovery hooks in case I ever got stuck so I would have proper areas to be pulled out with. I didn't even get to use them to my surprise. The 2wd Xj I was with did a good job as well. I expected it to do better due to being lighter than my Grand Cherokee.

Thinking a locker or limited slip in the rear, better tires and a minor lift would improve it enough to my liking. The only bad thing is, the Jeep has good paint. And I afriad constant wood use will ruin it. But, now I know it is able to do it I want to go more.

I myself udnerrated the capabilites of the 2wd jeep. I found and installed the front Tow/recovery hooks in case I ever got stuck so I would have proper areas to be pulled out with. I didn't even get to use them to my surprise. The 2wd Xj I was with did a good job as well. I expected it to do better due to being lighter than my Grand Cherokee.

Thinking a locker or limited slip in the rear, better tires and a minor lift would improve it enough to my liking. The only bad thing is, the Jeep has good paint. And I afriad constant wood use will ruin it. But, now I know it is able to do it I want to go more.

A two-wheel drive Jeep with a locking rear diff, meaty rubber, and a small lift really is all you'd need for light to mild off-roading. I'd go that route myself for my next Jeep, but knowing how I am I'd eventually start bitching about not having a transfer case and talk about needlessly expensive things like a four-wheel drive conversion.

Mud will run paint, but that's why you wash it. A dirty Jeep may be a happy Jeep, but a well taken care of Jeep is a loving Jeep (or something corny like that).

Changed out the real Diff Fluid today. I have always had the inkling that after any useage in deep-ish water/Mud lower end fluids should be changed. Was not entirely dirty but looked to be old fluid for sure.

Waiting for the RTV to set before adding new fluid in.