07 Silverado and Sierra

Why Does GM keep pushing the introduction of the 07 Silverado and Sierra Back. We first thought they would be at Chicago, then were led to believe they would be at New York, Now we are to assume they will be at the Texas State Fair in September. SEPTEMBER!!! What is up with that! All of the SUVS are out Why is GM waiting so long to debut the trucks? :banghead:

So they can go on sell before the hype dies.  They're going on sale, I believe, in November.

sure to keep hype up...

but also to keep hype down...

the week they showed us the GMT900 Tahoe and GMC...

Tahoe sales died at my dealership...

if they still have 500k silverados to sell... thats a lot of inventory to move and as soon as they show us the 2007 no one will want the 06's... thus incentives must move old stock units out... :blink:

Wonder why...probably because the design is so ridiculously bland with a class-lagging interior and less room than rival Dodge Durango? Just like the Chevrolet Colorado, the theme/design is dated before it even went on sale. 2013 can't come soon enough for these trucks, but maybe I'm wrong....and need a second look, and to find out from my friend who works at the local Chevy dealer to see how they're doing.

Wonder why...probably because the design is so ridiculously bland with a class-lagging interior and less room than rival Dodge Durango? Just like the Chevrolet Colorado, the theme/design is dated before it even went on sale. 2013 can't come soon enough for these trucks, but maybe I'm wrong....and need a second look, and to find out from my friend who works at the local Chevy dealer to see how they're doing.

the new tahoes are doing great... :ohyeah:

Why Does GM keep pushing the introduction of the 07 Silverado and Sierra Back. We first thought they would be at Chicago, then were led to believe they would be at New York, Now we are to assume they will be at the Texas State Fair in September. SEPTEMBER!!! What is up with that! All of the SUVS are out Why is GM waiting so long to debut the trucks? :banghead:

Maybe they are working out bugs..better to launch smoothly later than launch prematurely with a bunch of problems..

Edited by moltar

sure to keep hype up...

if they still have 500k silverados to sell... thats a lot of inventory to move and as soon as they show us the 2007 no one will want the 06's... thus incentives must move old stock units out...  :blink:

I have to agree..

the 06s will slow a bit more this summer due to the gas prices...so pushing the new ones back is not going to hurt anything....

I have to agree..

the 06s will slow a bit more this summer due to the gas prices...so pushing the new ones back is not going to hurt anything....

i'd also say tho, that launching a new vehicle in the fall is suicide...

the silverado although it has a massive amount of sales... it still is the worst time to spend all the advertising budget on the silverado in the winter months...

GM may not start to blow the advertising out until january or when we have the full line up of Ext, Crew, and regular cabs...

but... who knows

I thought when you said Tahoe sales died at your dealership you meant the new ones....I'll have to check one out up close, but I haven't been crazy about what I've seen so far.

The new T900s are doing very well and with a few exceptions are thoroughly class-leading. The Escalade needs real wood. The fake is unacceptable. Bad Lutz. The interior will need a refresh in 3 years. It is better than the Ford interiors, but I'm sorry, the competition won't be just Ford in a few years. Did I mention the Escalade needs real wood?

sure to keep hype up...

if they still have 500k silverados to sell... thats a lot of inventory to move and as soon as they show us the 2007 no one will want the 06's... thus incentives must move old stock units out...  :blink:

I would agree that is the reason why. Most buyers don't want to buy something that is old. Even if it is brand new! I agree with the logic. Remember how long we've seen most cars before they launched and how bad an Idea we believed it was.

Okay, the fall/winter is the time of the year that sales of many 4WD vehicles, especially pickups & suvs, take off. So with the pickups debuting later this summer and being on the lots by early fall is a good thing (rather than waiting until NEXT spring). What is stupid is releasing a 2-seat roadster (a'la Solstice) last fall/winter! :duh:

Okay, the fall/winter is the time of the year that sales of many 4WD vehicles, especially pickups & suvs, take off.  So with the pickups debuting later this summer and being on the lots by early fall is a good thing (rather than waiting until NEXT spring).  What is stupid is releasing a 2-seat roadster (a'la Solstice) last fall/winter!  :duh:

well perhaps 4x4 models but i dont see that here in cali...

but here in our store we'll see maybe 650+ cars per moth and in the winter months sometimes as low as 400 cars... now with the average public purchasing at that rate... 60% would not be advisable to do a massive launch...

perhaps it isnt that strong nationwide... but here thats what i've noticed the winter months are bad for the automotive business... every one wants to save for holidays

The three biggest markets for the big trucks are California, Texas, and Florida. Combined that's about a quarter to a third of all sales (SUVs and pickups), with the majority of those being 2WD models, for obvious weather-related reasons. Launches generally start out slow, so even if it occurs during winter, there are always markets in these three states that will sell every one they get.

The new T900s are doing very well and with a few exceptions are thoroughly class-leading.  The Escalade needs real wood.  The fake is unacceptable.  Bad Lutz.  The interior will need a refresh in 3 years.  It is better than the Ford interiors, but I'm sorry, the competition won't be just Ford in a few years.  Did I mention the Escalade needs real wood?

The wood is real :huh:

As long as the new trucks dont have the fake wood in their interiors like the new Tahoe, I think they will look good.

Wow you place the whole design of the truck on one aspect such as real or fake wood. That is lame :stupid: These new trucks are going to look awesome. If you dont like the trim pieces on the interior just replace them with something from the aftermarket or get the interior that does not have the wood.