Cheers or Jeers: 1974 Cadillac Eldorado Estate Wagon

4 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A steed befitting of any rhinestone cowboy!
    • Jeers! More proof the 1970's consisted entirely of cocaine.

Here is a one of a kind, 1974 Cadillac Eldorado Estate Wagon that was found in California storage after many years of being hidden away. It was custom coach built car either built by Wisco or Traditional Coachworks and is one of 7 believed to be built. This very car was believed to be built for and owed by Glen Cambell of singing fame. I do not have any paperwork to authenticate it but this car was known to be originally owned by Glen. This very car was featured in a 1974 Issue of Motor Trend Magazine with Evil Knievels 1974 Cadillac wagon. In the article it states the wagon was owned by Glen Cambell. It is in great condition inside and out. If you are in the Cadillac Lasalle club here or overseas this Eldo would be the hit of the club. This has its original 500ci engine and the car only has 56k believed to be original miles on it. It is a solid southwest car. It has had only one repaint in its beautiful original color of Persian Lime Firemist Poly with the original white vinyl top and original green interior. This baby runs, drives and looks great. It is one of the most unique cars on the road and is a true conversation piece!

The list of options as it is currently equipped as follows:

• 500ci Engine (#'s Matching)
  • Automatic
  • Power Steering
  • Power Brake
  • Power Moonroof
  • AM-FM Radio
  • 8-Track Player
  • Power Antenna
  • Power Tailgate Release
  • Factory Air Conditioning
  • Tilt Wheel
  • Power Seat
  • Remote Mirror
  • Etc...

It has a very nice, paint job which was done in about '04 and was only painted once in its original color of Persian Lime Firemist which looks beautiful. The body is straight as an arrow and very solid. All of the chrome and trim is original and good condition for a driver. It has its original wheels and hubcaps with white wall tires.

It has its original green interior that looks great in the car. Even the carpet is original. The dash pad is excellent with no cracks and the gauge cluster is nice and clean. The steering wheel does have a couple cracks. Everything that works in the car includes the all gauges, power tailgate release, power seat, power windows and lights. The radio and a few other things need to be fixed.

Mechanically, this Cadillac is in excellent condition. It has its original, 500ci engine that runs like a top. This baby is a true pleasure to drive. Under the hood is all original looking. The air conditioning needs to be serviced. This little beauty runs and drives great and could be driven anywhere.

1-23220.JPG

1-23223.JPG

1-23256.JPG

1-23286.JPG

Sweet special 3 seat wagon that any Family could love! Reminds me of the days growing up in our 76 Olds Station wagon. I loved that 3rd seat facing the rear. :P

I've seen some off the wall rides in my time, but this is pushin it. As much as I like odd cars, I gotta say jeers on it. Not because its odd, I like because of that, but its a Cadillac wagon, built from an Eldorado. The closest thing to this is an actual hearse.