Rental Car Abuse

You know it's pretty pointless when I even think it's a bit immature.

The kid in the Impala hit a few big bumps & drove throught a lot of

mud... big deal. For a FWD, unibody car the Impala is a tough car.

It can take more than that. I like the awsome dialogue: If you

drive in reverse and then wathc the tape in rewind it will look like it

is gping forward. That's genius. :P

AS far as the Kia, where to start. 99 MPH is not that exciting... but

esp. dumb was the attempts at FWD burnouts. Rater pathetic. No,

holdiong on the the C-pillar does not help you goober. :rolleyes:

These guys would get a MUCH better Bang/buck out of a $500 used

beater Crown Vic.

You'd be surprised how tough cars are. In my younger days, I abused a couple of rentals (I used to rent a convertable for 1 day every summer). I've personally discovered that:

Pulling the emergency brake on the freeway is quite uncomfortable. The rear tires lock and you the car hops/skids to a stop. The hopping/skipping motion isn't pleasant at all--it's actually kinda upsetting.

Shifing that automatic tranny into 1st gear on the freeway? How about Park? Reverse? The Mustang convert I had simply wouldn't perform the operation.. it basically ignored my abuse & the tranny acted like it was in neutral.

Putting the top up on that Mustang while moving? Ford must'e been behind the trend (this was a 1990 Mustang with less than 5k miles on it) because the Chrysler I had a year later fared much better than the Mustang. On the Mustang, the top started to come up, the wind caught it and buckled the skeleton for the convertible top. It took a LOT of "adjustments" (read: beating on it) to get the top to open and shut correctly before returning it. The Chrysler had it locked out - the switch was inoperable without the car in park.

Yeah rentals are fun you gotta love being able to do those neutral slams and reverse to drive slams all the stuff you always wanted to do but not to your own car... I love the grinder where u r at a stop light and just twist the key to start it when it is running... alot of people just stare at you...