Cheers or Jeers: 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 Y97 Package

7 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A great car with a great back story!
    • Jeers! I've seen Porsches with less distance between the engine and front bumper!

Up for sale is my very rare 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 factory optioned Y97 option NASCAR "bubble back". This is one of 1200 cars produced with this exclusive factory option. This car is certainly a fine - desirable collectable. The value of this car will only increase. This car has only 27,512 original pampered miles. NASCAR Legend Richard Petty personally autographed the dash [with COA] actual photo of Petty sitting in seat autographing dash. Dash has no cracks. Car has clean and clear title. Never had any damage, and body is rust free and solid. Always kept in safe and secure storage. New Goodyear NASCAR edition yellow lettered tires, dual exhaust, and battery. Many other NASCAR associated memorabilia included [see pics]. One other owner. I purchased the car from a Collector in 1998. Bid with confidence on this sound investment.

For the most part the car is in great condition. However, the car is original, and is over a quarter century old, but shows very little age.

$%28KGrHqV,!nsE9fbco7gSBPfRDqWk7g~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqN,!o8E9dBIm4phBPfRFuISE!~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqV,!nsE9fbco7gSBPfRIzBTCw~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqF,!pcE9eNM3fpbBPfRJfiNvw~~60_3.JPG

I wish there was an easy way to correct the header droop over the headlights.

I guess the plastic has warped over time? It looks like there is just a hole cut around the lights without a bezel or frame around the lights.

Sweet Find, I love the family connection with my own love afair of this generation, the Monte Carlo. This is an awesome car for someone to buy.

Boy even with the cracks in the plastic nose I would if I could afford it buy this baby. Like the Monte, it is a lovely faithful dog.

Looking at the photo's again, I did forget just how terrible the trunks were for getting stuff into them. I am surprised they did not open it upmore with that kind of trunk lid.

The nosepieces were warped like that above the headlice when these cars were new, it looks no different than it did in 1986. With an F-body motor it might have made more of a dent. This was a case of Pontiac being starved by GM.

Plus, some fool scribbled all over the dashboard. At least the seller disclosed the damage with a photo.

Edited by ocnblu

I guess the plastic has warped over time? It looks like there is just a hole cut around the lights without a bezel or frame around the lights.

It has. Apparently GM used a rubber formulation that just didn't hold up, and without proper reinforcements. Ocnblu is right, they did start sagging early on, but they weren't this bad in 1986.

The only solution I know is to get an aftermarket fiberglass nose. Unfortunately, then your originality goes out the window then...

Plus, some fool scribbled all over the dashboard. At least the seller disclosed the damage with a photo.

LOL!!!!

I wouldn't mind having this..........

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"Can money pay for all the days I lived awake but half asleep?" __ Primitive Radio Gods __ 'Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand'