Driving the Range Rover Evoque Coupe!

Recently, I got the chance to experience the new Range Rover Evoque. While I'm not an SUV person, I am a fan of interesting and fun-to-drive vehicles. The Range Rover Evoque definitely fits into that category. Please give my little review, with pictures by the world-reknowned Karl McWherter, a quick read. And post your comments on the piece here!

2012 Range Rover Evoque: http://automotivetraveler.com/jump/4021

I like it's overall shape/lines, except for the really unusual 'extension' thru the front fender flare. Looks like a mistake.

That said- it & the Ford trucks are bearing strong similarities in front end cues. Not sure which way that falls for which brand.

How many times did something break on you during your fling? :P

Looks like it was a fun test drive. Nice write up.

I agree with Balthazar, it does look like a ford or ford looks like this ranger rover.

Also I too want to know, how many things broke or just did not really work intuitivly like they should?

Nice review. I love the look of the Evoque. I love the name too. (Too bad Cadillac didn't use Evoq for the XLR.) Range Rover has some of the nicest interiors around. But I don't particularly care for an SUV coupe. It's almost oxymoronic.

Beautiful little SUV there, and a great write-up too. I've liked the Evoque since they were intro'd as concept vehicles, glad the 2-door made it to production. I was really impressed with this year's concept convertible 2-door (unlike Nissan's ugly Murano convertible :yuck: ) that I saw at the NYIAS:

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

I love the Evoque convertible, but the wife does not like it. So will have to wait and hope that GM realizes that an AWD CUV convertible for Buick or Caddy is a desirable vehicle.

I like this vehicle and don't like SUVs. The interior is fantastic for the price point. I don't think it should have Range Rover in the name though, just Land Rover Evoque would make more sense. Range Rover is the big $90k SUV. But the interior is worthy of the Range Rover name.

Fantastic looking vehicle and my family would love one.

But then that gorgeous interior will just catch fire when the radio starts spitting sparks and the airbag randomly explodes in your face, causing your bruised facial flesh to then melt into a cupholder!

Fantastic looking vehicle and my family would love one.

But then that gorgeous interior will just catch fire when the radio starts spitting sparks and the airbag randomly explodes in your face, causing your bruised facial flesh to then melt into a cupholder!

And some people pay extra for it!