Any upcoming Camaro refreshes/changes?

So with the article recently posted about the 2015 Mustang getting reworked, it got me thinking about what GM had in store for the next Camaro. I'm not expecting any big changes since it is still fairly fresh, just wondering if we have an insight on grille/taillight/headlight/etc revisions. You know mid cycle refreshes that still retain the majority of the cars's styling, but make mild enhancements/changes. Like the Mustang has over the years since it has been redone in the Retro style.

I'll be in the market in about another 2 years and looking ahead to see what might be a possible purchase candidate. I like the exterior of the Camaro now, but visibility is concerning. I doubt GM would address that with a refresh, likley that would wait for a full redo around 2016 or so?

I wonder what model year the NG model will appear...

NG would be cool to have, imagen what 130 Octane would do for a V6 powered CNG Camero. Rock on CNG :metal:

Per someone I know involved with the Camaro here is what I know. Note they could not speak directly but could give some general ideas along with some real info.

Do not expect any major changes there will only be small changes from now till 2014-15.

The target for the Gen 6 on the Alpha is 2015. They are already well the way and yes there are mules but you would never noice them as they are under different bodies. You will see them when GM wants you to see them. That odd looking CTS could be somthing more special than you think. They could delay the car if there are issues but with the ATS out the Chassies should be well sorted already so I don't expect the dates to change much if at all. It could be out in 2015 as a 15 model or 2015 as a 16 model. GM wants it soon to compete with the coming Mustang.

There will be some special editions yet and limited edition colors to keep things fresh in the prsent cars. They are doing much like Mazda does on the Miata to keep it fresh.

As for the Z28 it is still in the works but I get the feeling it may be saved for the 2015 model.

The HP on the present car might change a little but the new car is waiting for the new DI engine. Many of the coming GM models like the Vette, Trucks, SS and Camaro are all waiting for the new engine.

The V8 will be in play but GM will push the TTV6 more and offer a nice Turbo 4 package with a much lighter car.

Note the next car will be a global car. It like the Mustang will change enough to still appeal to the American market but also to appeal to the global market. That means smaller and easier to see out of.

I figure we are about a year out from starting to hear much anything solid on the new car. After word leaked on the C7 I believe there will be few leaks here.

Styling is the biggest mystery as there has been no clue or leak on any ideas that they are looking at. I suspect the retro like the coming Mustang will be toned a little. They will be going for a car that will look like a Camaro but with its own modern styling that would appeal on the global market.

Well there are many points here that have me excited...smaller (which hopefully translates to lighter), easier to see out of, TTV6, and DI engine. I like the current style, but the visibility is the main reason I am anxiously awaiting what is next. Timing kinda stinks because it means I'll need to hang on to my '07 Acadia about a year or two longer than I intended to. Good thing I put low miles on it, but unfortunately I get bored easily and lust for something more sporty.

The weight has not been given but one look at the Alpha ATS Cadilac is if I recall correctly 3200 pounds with the Turbo 4 and 3300 pounds with the V6. A Camaro coupe with a TTV6 and V8 would not be much more. I would expect a V8 to be at least 3500 pounds or could even less if they do their home work. The final weight might be based much on the cost of materials cutting the weight in a Chevy vs the Cadillac.