Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sex Offenders

Satty

Anyone else ever check to see if they had any registered sex offenders living around them? I did today and guess what? 3 doors down from me, a couple more within 3 miles of me. Yikes. Also, if you ever get really bored and look at all the listings you'll see a lot of creepy old guys and the occasional unnattractive woman. We live in a scary world.

Edited by Satty

Yeah, several have multiple convictions over the course of a few years (and not just Indecent Exposure which in MO you can be convicted of for pissing outdoors), and they are still members of society, living near schools and playgrounds. Frightening.

I would pay a lot more attention to this if I have kids. A friend of mine just had her second kid ... she's an accountant who is on leave from the State of California ... and she went on line and found some in her neighborhood.

Since I only have to worry about me, I don't pay much attention to it. If I was a parent, I would be on the lookout.

I think my neighbor is... he spies on me. :P

It's not considered spying when you stand in front of a window naked BV! :P

It looks like Satty is finally becoming a dad. You're starting to think like one. :)

I have a few in my neighborhood. In fact, a level 3 just moved into my general area and there was a community meeting about it. We didn't attend because his conviction was for kidnapping and raping his girlfriend. He's not a pedophile or some demented sick pervert. I doubt they'd give us more info on the case. He could have killed her instead of raping her, and we would have never known he moved in.

The district I was teaching in last year was required to notify the neighborhood about the sex offender moving in. I'm not sure if that's just a state requirement or something more.

Anyone else ever check to see if they had any registered sex offenders living around them?  I did today and guess what?  3 doors down from me, a couple more within 3 miles of me.  Yikes.  Also, if you ever get really bored and look at all the listings you'll see a lot of creepy old guys and the occasional unnattractive woman.  We live in a scary world.

go to www.familywatchdog.us and look at Miami. That's where my 19 year old, blonde, skinny, ballerina sister lives.

It's not considered spying when you stand in front of a window naked BV!  :P

I don't stand in front of a window naked! Get it right... I lay out in the yard naked. Big difference! Besides, it is if he's not supposed to look. Come on... it's my yard and the sign says "don't look". And... I have to get a sun tan... I don't want to be white! :lol::D

go to www.familywatchdog.us and look at Miami. That's where my 19 year old, blonde, skinny, ballerina sister lives.

"Unfortunately, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont do not currently provide addresses for registered sex offenders. Consequently, we are unable to provide adequate or meaningful information about sex offenders located in these states. We will add functionality that will allow searches by name and city in the future."

Yay, go PA! :P

I don't stand in front of a window naked! Get it right... I lay out in the yard naked. Big difference! Besides, it is if he's not supposed to look. Come on... it's my yard and the sign says "don't look". And... I have to get a sun tan... I don't want to be white! :lol::D

It's called a tanning bed.

Scary stuff...  they should be euthanised, IMHO.

Disagree. In L.A. if the frats get caught doing Row Runs they get put in the sex offender registry. I think the whole thing is a ridiculous violation of privacy to be honest. Statistics show the most molestation occurs from parents or close family members, NOT the creepy guy next door. Also, since most sex offender registries don't provide the exact reason they are in the registry, you get the guy who statutorily raped the girl who became his wife lumped in with the NAMBLA perv who goes to the park with cookies and candy. I just saw on the news the other day that someone up in the NE (Maine?) went on a shooting rampage and went all over town murdering sex offenders. Why? Saw their names on the public list, decided they needed to die. $h! like that is only going to keep happening when these "lists" are kept. Honestly...want to protect your kid from being molested? Don't keep them out of your sight until they are old enough to know and remember that you do NOT talk to strangers and that NO ONE should touch you "down there." Taking those steps and actually being a good parent are much more effective than these public lists, especially since the lists are poorly maintained.

Sorry, but I don't feel remorse when some child-lusting pedophile gets murdered. I know far, far too many people who have either been raped or molested repeatedly as small children to give two bits about their so-called 'rights.'

I do too, at the same time though...vigilante justice is not acceptable. Either lock em away for life, or let them do the time then let them live their own lives afterwards. Simple as that. At the rate we are going, there will be clusters of sex offenders living in sex offender villages in the country, and if you ask me, that's worse. You just cannot isolate them from society outside of prison...it's a logistical and ethical nightmare.

Edited by Croc

HAHAHA.

If you rape or molest any child under the age of 10, death sounds good to me. Any child under the age of 16 but above 10, life in prison. It does get out of hand, however, when an 18-year old kid has consensual sex with his 17-year old girlfriend and then it gets spinned around when the girl hates him. I believe the crime(s) the offenders commit should be summarized so people can tell the difference between a 56-year old molester and some 18-year old kid with a bitch girlfriend.

It's called a tanning bed.

No, it's called inconvenient and costs money. I couldn't get to one even if I could pay to use one. I have no car... my parent's have no car... and I have no money unless you count a shotglass full of pennies. My back yard is not only free... but in my back yard. How convenient! :P

Disagree.  In L.A. if the frats get caught doing Row Runs they get put in the sex offender registry.  I think the whole thing is a ridiculous violation of privacy to be honest.  Statistics show the most molestation occurs from parents or close family members, NOT the creepy guy next door.  Also, since most sex offender registries don't provide the exact reason they are in the registry, you get the guy who statutorily raped the girl who became his wife lumped in with the NAMBLA perv who goes to the park with cookies and candy.  I just saw on the news the other day that someone up in the NE (Maine?) went on a shooting rampage and went all over town murdering sex offenders.  Why?  Saw their names on the public list, decided they needed to die.  $h! like that is only going to keep happening when these "lists" are kept.  Honestly...want to protect your kid from being molested?  Don't keep them out of your sight until they are old enough to know and remember that you do NOT talk to strangers and that NO ONE should touch you "down there."  Taking those steps and actually being a good parent are much more effective than these public lists, especially since the lists are poorly maintained.

Very well said.......