Vehicle: Oldsmobile Starfire GT (1975)

Name: Oldsmobile Starfire GT (1975)

Date Added: 18 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Owner: Elitedragon27

Short Description: New Project. Will not be restoring. But rather upgradeing. Engine still runs but i want something a little faster. I was unable to find the production slip but i am trying to find out what the production number my car was. I have a pic of the tag on the frame.

View Vehicle

Nice modern Rat Car! :P

I have to say is that after market seat belt added to the back seat? I cannot imagine someone sitting on the drive line tube.

One wonders if you could get the 2.0T Ecotec in there.... and then one wonders if the frame could handle the torque.

I actually like the body style, so that would be cool to gut the car, beef up the frame and drop in the 2.0T. That would be a blast of a fuel sipper car! :P

One wonders if you could get the 2.0T Ecotec in there.... and then one wonders if the frame could handle the torque.

They have Monzas with 454s and Sunbirds with 455s... the frame will handle it with the usual improvements.

How were these H-bodies set up? Do they have an engine cradle/front subframe?

That's a great question. I don't think I've ever looked.

Lets see what the 1977 Fisher Body Service Manual has to say... "On "H" bodies, integral front and rear frame side rails support the bolt-on front end sheet metal, front and rear suspension systems and other mechanical components"... so its built more like a Mustang or Falcon than an F or X body.

Olds grille is split, Chevy is not, according to a Car&Driver archive article pitting the Monza against the Mustang II. I forgot too, it's been so long since they were current, and the difference is really small.

Edited by ocnblu

• 5 weeks later...

This car is all original. The front end look similar to the 75 monza because it is the same on both cars for 1975. I have desided to keep it original for now at least untill the engine gives out. The frame actualy can take a lot of torqe its the suspension and such that cant. I will be upgrading all that when the engine gives up but intill then old it will be. My biggest problem is finding the front emblem. The one on the car is damaged. I have ben unlucky finding a new one and no one has been able to repaire it. I cant even find out if the same emblem was used on another car or not.

This looks pretty darn close..... but probably a bit pricey for a car you don't intend to restore.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/270790768594?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I can keep my eye out for you at the Olds meets or Carlisle if I go.

This car is all original. The front end look similar to the 75 monza because it is the same on both cars for 1975. I have desided to keep it original for now at least untill the engine gives out. The frame actualy can take a lot of torqe its the suspension and such that cant. I will be upgrading all that when the engine gives up but intill then old it will be. My biggest problem is finding the front emblem. The one on the car is damaged. I have ben unlucky finding a new one and no one has been able to repaire it. I cant even find out if the same emblem was used on another car or not.

Interesting.

Perhaps the one I remember was a different year. It was very different from the Monza grille, and quite Oldsmobile in appearance.