lt1george

1977 Oldsmobile Regency 4 dr. 60,000 miles 403 Engine RWD

12 posts in this topic

dfelt    1,874

For an east coast car it is amazingly clean, i do questions about it not being driven in winter due to the dirt and rust in the engine bay, but clearly it was kept cleaner than most cars.

Drew Dowdell    5,169

For an east coast car it is amazingly clean, i do questions about it not being driven in winter due to the dirt and rust in the engine bay, but clearly it was kept cleaner than most cars.

What rust? That's just dust as far as dirt is concerned. It's way cleaner than my '81's engine bay and my car is stored in winter too.

dfelt    1,874

What rust? That's just dust as far as dirt is concerned. It's way cleaner than my '81's engine bay and my car is stored in winter too.

Looking at the firewall, hood hings, Brake system, I just see lots of rusts for a car that supposedly been always garaged.

I agree it is very very clean overall, but then again, I am OCD about how I degrease and detail my own auto's.

Looking at the firewall, hood hings, Brake system, I just see lots of rusts for a car that supposedly been always garaged.

In a damp climate, it seems to me like it would be pretty normal to see surface rust on some of the dirty bits even for a car that is always garaged...

Drew Dowdell    5,169

I agree it is very very clean overall, but then again, I am OCD about how I degrease and detail my own auto's.

You're spoiled living in the North West. That is cleaner than they normally come around here.

Do want, I miss my '78 Ninety Eight, though mine was a base model LS. This one has the very rare gauge package as well, the price is a bit steep but given the condition of the car I hope it finds a good home.

dfelt    1,874

You're spoiled living in the North West. That is cleaner than they normally come around here.

True, I do love not having to deal with the Humidity or winter road salt. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.