Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Bucket List

NeonLX

I'm getting pretty damned old so my car jones has been acting up a lot more lately. I started a list of cars I'd like to have before it's too late. You'll notice my choices ain't particularly exotic or even necessarily pricey. I've never been a fan of the hoity-toity, high-priced machinery that only the execs of fortune 500 companies can afford...anyway, here's my first crack at the bucket list. Laugh if you want. :)

In no particular order:

1956-’57 Corvette (doesn’t need to be FI or even dual quad; these were simply gorgeous cars)

1956 Plymouth Fury ('nuff said)

1956 Mercury Montclair (had the looks, performance & handling of its “Mexican Road Race” Lincoln cousins from a few years before).

1957 Rambler Rebel (one of the ultimate sleepers)

1961 Impala SS (rare first year model; I've always been a fan of the '61 Chevy in general)

1965 Dodge Monaco (426 wedge & Torqueflite, please)

1972 Olds 98 Regency (I kick myself everytime I think that I sold mine back in 1978)

1974 AMC Gremlin X w/ Rallye package (had one of these)

1976 AMC Pacer D/L (had one of these as well; one of the nicest riding cars I ever drove)

Soon as I post this, I'll probably think of more. F'rinstance, I didn't include any pickups, though I'd dearly love a mid 1950s GMC.

Car list:

85-87 Areo Monte Carlo SS in black or Maroon.

Custom Duramax Diesel converted 93-96 Suburban SLE, do not like what they did to the interior in 97-99 models.

68 or 69 Camero

57 Chevy Belair

70's Cougar

GMC Syclone

GMC Typhoon

2001 - 2004 Chevy or GMC Dually 1 ton Duramax Pickup

50's era GMC Truck

Current model ZR1 Corvette

Current Model GT500 mustang

Current Model ZL1 Camero

Current Model Challenger

2001 AWD RT Durango for my daughter.

Yep, I will pass on all the exotics except for one.

Customized R34 Skyline. :D This is one asian car I loved and drove while going to college in Japan, would love to have one here.

SKyline_R34___Project_Shine_by_ATC_Design.jpg

I'm with you on the 1st three, can be convinced on the next 3, but after that I'd have to decline.

My buddy asked me this very question last week. I'm pretty happy with my stable now, but I WOULD like a chopped '49-50 Merc.

I have to agree with you, I always seem to blank out on the older cars before 1960, but I would love a chopped 49-50 Merc, There is something very sexy about the design.

Edited by dfelt

My bucket list is much shorter....I want to achieve these cars, and I am dead serious about owning them.

#1-I want to Keep a MINI Cooper S in my stable, enjoying the one in the fleet right now...

#2-I want to keep some sort of roadster around...if I ever sell the Miata, I want a Solstice GXP, Honda S2K, Boxster, Z4, or the like....but I will probably just keep a Miata round as it is so much fun to autocross. I also want to build a Factory Five roadster....and yes I know cars with roll up side windows are not technically "roadsters" but you guys know what I mean.

#3=Subaru BRZ, nuff said

#4-want to own a vintage GMC/Chevy pickup, unlike Roger I prefer the 49-55 series to the 55-57 trucks.....but would take anything 47-72.

That's my whole bucket list....I also want to own a Jeep Wrangler , and I think I'm going to do that through my sixteen year old daughter...she wants one badly.

I'm getting pretty damned old so my car jones has been acting up a lot more lately. I started a list of cars I'd like to have before it's too late. You'll notice my choices ain't particularly exotic or even necessarily pricey. I've never been a fan of the hoity-toity, high-priced machinery that only the execs of fortune 500 companies can afford...anyway, here's my first crack at the bucket list. Laugh if you want. :)

In no particular order:

1956-’57 Corvette (doesn’t need to be FI or even dual quad; these were simply gorgeous cars)

I prefer the 58-62 for the first generation/C1 Corvette myself, neat choice though!

1956 Plymouth Fury ('nuff said)

I like the Desoto from the same year better myself, but yeah, neat choice

1956 Mercury Montclair (had the looks, performance & handling of its “Mexican Road Race” Lincoln cousins from a few years before).

1957 Rambler Rebel (one of the ultimate sleepers)

Still gets its clock cleaned by modern iron, not that attractive, but unique, Finding one that hasn't rusted away into the ground kmight be a project in and of itself

1961 Impala SS (rare first year model; I've always been a fan of the '61 Chevy in general)

With few built for the year, start looking

1965 Dodge Monaco (426 wedge & Torqueflite, please)

I'd rather a 64 Sport Fury myself, actually...

1972 Olds 98 Regency (I kick myself everytime I think that I sold mine back in 1978)

1974 AMC Gremlin X w/ Rallye package (had one of these)

1976 AMC Pacer D/L (had one of these as well; one of the nicest riding cars I ever drove)

Soon as I post this, I'll probably think of more. F'rinstance, I didn't include any pickups, though I'd dearly love a mid 1950s GMC.

My comments in red on the original list.

As many damn cars as I can get my hands on...

My approach is the opposite, I want to own only a few and pick them carefully.

I'd also like an early 70's 240 Z car, but keeping modern iron around is more important to me, so I don't know what finances will allow.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

In no particular order:

2002-05 Ford Thunderbird

2005- Citroen C6

1961-64 Lincoln Continental Hardtop

1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille

1962 Imperial Crown Convertible

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Hardtop Sedan

1958 Buick Limited Convertible

1961-63 Ford Thunderbird

1958 Chrysler 300D or 1960 300F

In no particular order:

2002-05 Ford Thunderbird

2005- Citroen C6

1961-63 Ford Thunderbird

In no particular order:

2002-05 Ford Thunderbird

2005- Citroen C6

1961-63 Ford Thunderbird

Glad to know you like the old stuff too... something magical about 1950's American cars, if you know what I mean.

Way too many to list, but this is the important one:

1970 El Camino SS 454 LS6 4spd.

Wish I could own one....

Seriously, I do want to own one more pick up truck before I die, and I would even be happy with a 350/350 El Camino of the 64-72 Era if it was clean.