Remaining 2007 Order Guides Posted

FINALLY...they've gotten rid of the puke-worthy Lacrosse wheels, updated the Equinox interior, gotten rid of the geriatric blue/beige Lucerne interior, etc., etc.

Looks like good stuff to me, at least the bare minimum of what was absolutely necessary.

The T900 Silverado and Sierra, SRX, STS, H1, and possibly others have also not been posted.

The Colorado and Canyon got slightly bigger, more powerful engines.

Yeah. Went from:

(LK5) 2.8L DOHC, 4-cylinder, MFI engine

(L52) 3.5L DOHC, 5-cylinder, MFI engine

to:

(LLV) Engine, 2.9L DOHC 4-cylinder MFI (185 hp [137.9 kW] @ 5600 rpm), 195 lb-ft [263.2 Nm] @ 2800 rpm)

(LLR) Engine, 3.7L DOHC 5-cylinder MFI (242 hp [180.4 kW] @ 5600 rpm), 242 lb-ft [326.7 Nm] @ 4600 rpm)

Good move, though I never could figure out why they went with such paltry sizes/ratings in the first place.

Except for one thing, no interior uprades on the G6

Oh yeah, that.... <_<

Sorry in advance for anyone who might be offended, but that car just seems to go through varying levels of stink...nasty electric steering, el-cheapo interior, some of the goofiest and ungainly sedan exterior proportions, unimpressive powerplants, etc.

At least they FINALLY did drop the electric steering on the sportier trims and also are throwing the HF 3.6 in the GTP, but there's just too many other things leaving it hanging in the dust and out of touch...

Edited by caddycruiser

Oh yeah, that.... <_<

Sorry in advance for anyone who might be offended, but that car just seems to go through varying levels of stink...nasty electric steering, el-cheapo interior, some of the goofiest and ungainly sedan exterior proportions, unimpressive powerplants, etc.

At least they FINALLY did drop the electric steering on the sportier trims and also are throwing the HF 3.6 in the GTP, but there's just too many other things leaving it hanging in the dust and out of touch...

lol, when you wrote "el-cheapo", I was reminded of when Bob Barker on the Price Is Right would play that car game, and accuse the game of doing, "el-cheapo" (usually a move where the two pieces of the car were next to each other) :lol:

Oh yeah, that.... <_<

I guess you haven't driven one. The EPS is a piece from heaven when you're going around tight spots in a large car. I do agree it isn't appropriate on a sport trim, but not really "nasty", just inappropriate.

G6 is getting Impala's 3.5 and its up to 224 HP like in the Aura, great news. GT is getting the amazing Chrome tech wheels and side air bags as standard equipment. For 06 this two options would of cost me 2k. Glad I decided to wait for 07.

They probably would bump the price by 2k as well.... No friggin way the previous GTP would sell at the price of a GT since it's called GT Sport Package.

I guess you haven't driven one. The EPS is a piece from heaven when you're going around tight spots in a large car. I do agree it isn't appropriate on a sport trim, but not really "nasty", just inappropriate.

Electronic power steering is only as nasty and light as the engineer who programmed it. The MINI has EPS, which is very heavy, as does this Honda S2000, which is very precise.

Emp, are you implying the engineer who designed the Malibu's original steering setup was both petite and a freak?

Either that, or the team working on the feature (for all GM vehicles that use it) have no idea what they're doing.

A few years have passed and never has there been a good professional review of the GM systems, yet the EPS's made by every other manufacturer in the world are usually praised for their feel...so there HAS to be at least a few idiots somewhere inside GM R&D.

Trust me, looking at over our Roadmaster, Fleetwoods, or even the Suburban, that point is even clearer :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by caddycruiser