500L Going Down The Strada

ocnblu

Body style is Ugly still to me, it is clearly designed to compete head on with Mini and just hope that you are not in it when another super storm Sandy hits as you will be history.

Front end is like a Peterbilt version of a regular 500. I see this as a Kia Soul/Nissan Cube alternative. If it proves to be reliable (and the little 500 seems like it is doing well in that area), then why not? The manual transmission makes it all the more interesting.

I'm basing this guess on the Wrangler. When they started building the 4-door, sales really took off.. and I think the 4-door has now eclipsed the 2 door in sales.

Practicality usually always wins.

True for families, 4 doors will always win and youth with active life styles seem to rather have 4 doors than two.

The two door CUV's, SUV's etc are going to the history bin. Thought I do love me a 2 door Yukon GT! :P

I'm basing this guess on the Wrangler. When they started building the 4-door, sales really took off.. and I think the 4-door has now eclipsed the 2 door in sales.

True for families, 4 doors will always win and youth with active life styles seem to rather have 4 doors than two.

The two door CUV's, SUV's etc are going to the history bin. Thought I do love me a 2 door Yukon GT! :P

About 15 years ago when I had my Bronco II, i was looking at buying a full size Bronco or 2dr Tahoe. But I prefer the practicality of 4drs since i got my Grand Cherokee.

About 15 years ago when I had my Bronco II, i was looking at buying a full size Bronco or 2dr Tahoe. But I prefer the practicality of 4drs since i got my Grand Cherokee.

For driving myself and the wife around and the rare passenger, two door would be fine, but I also have come to see the benefits of 4 doors. I think the days of 2 door auto's are coming to an end.

For driving myself and the wife around and the rare passenger, two door would be fine, but I also have come to see the benefits of 4 doors. I think the days of 2 door auto's are coming to an end.

4drs are just so much easier to get in and out of in parking garages (where is seem to park most of the time), and I always put my backpack w/ laptop for work in the back seat..easier to get it out by opening a door than the old fold & slide w/ a 2dr... but for a sporty car or fun car, I like 2drs...I've had a few over the years (Mustangs and an M3).

4drs are just so much easier to get in and out of in parking garages (where is seem to park most of the time), and I always put my backpack w/ laptop for work in the back seat..easier to get it out by opening a door than the old fold & slide w/ a 2dr... but for a sporty car or fun car, I like 2drs...I've had a few over the years (Mustangs and an M3).

I used to believe that myself till I bought the 2008 Trailblazer SS and now am sold on performance 4 doors.

I used to believe that myself till I bought the 2008 Trailblazer SS and now am sold on performance 4 doors.

No 4dr performance convertibles these days, though. :) For my mid 40s crisis car, I'm thinking Mustang GT convertible, Camaro SS convertible, or late model Boxster.

No 4dr performance convertibles these days, though. :) For my mid 40s crisis car, I'm thinking Mustang GT convertible, Camaro SS convertible, or late model Boxster.

If GM made it, would you go for a 4 door Volt Performance Convertible version?

If GM made it, would you go for a 4 door Volt Performance Convertible version?

nooo. No FWD for me.

I prefer 2-drs immensely. In the truck segment, the front doors are usually the same size, so swing room is a non-point.

I have a crew cab truck now (tho I miss my RC truck), and it has it's utility, but they NEED to be suicide doors for the ultimate in practicality.

Like the extended cabs, but with full doors.

The 4-dr fiats pictured on the bottom of page 1 are grotesque, but I agree with Olds- they'll still sell. Why, I have no idea.

Nothing looks more awkward than a Wrangler 4-door - can't believe that they sell so well.

They are just a proportional nightmare.

I freely admit that I can't stand 4-doors generally, but the Wrangler is the worst of them.

Nothing looks more awkward than a Wrangler 4-door - can't believe that they sell so well.

They are just a proportional nightmare.

I freely admit that I can't stand 4-doors generally, but the Wrangler is the worst of them.

I have to disagree, I actually have always felt the two door wrangler was fun but just wrong in a world of families and the need to haul people. I owned one and loved it for the off road capabilities, but hated it for the ease of getting people into and out of it.

The 4 door wrangler is awesome, looks manly and does everything a person wants out in the woods in comfort.

• 2 months later...