Next Gen Volt to be Thousands Cheaper

hyperv6

Lob about five to seven grand off the entry price and I would buy one without thinking twice. It's a legitimately cool car. In Canada we do not get any tax credits for purchasing the vehicle so it really does cost like 45 grand here, not the 30 something it does in the States after the tax credits.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

A have said before the cars like this will improve in many areas and with each gen. GM knew that from the start. The investment in the companies that supply the parts will pay off in the long run. As I have called this car before it is a stepping stone not the finish line.

What I hope is they can get the price close to the Prius as this car is a better car than the Prius and will beat any plug in for approval in a buyers eye.

Get the price cheaper and keep it interesting I could be happy with one to drive to work daily.

If you go with a non Apple it can be 10 bucks for some MP 3 players.

Some scoffed when I compared the Volt to the flat screen TV's when they first appeared. I remember them in seeing them first in Manhatten for $8,000 and thinking they never would come down. Now have a number of them in several rooms and also use them on my computes at home and work.

We will always have a expensive technology leading Electric car a role easily taken with the ELR into the future. But as time passes and supplier become more competitive and numbers increase prices will come down.

If GM had never entered the market with the Volt as it was it would never have become cheaper unless another company took the lead.

Blu I would not give 50 cents for a Spark but with the changing market Chevy had better have a good micro car. If GM can make money or dominate a segment then hell lets do it.

It all about profit and building cars segment leading cars anymore.

Edited by hyperv6

It is not so much the tech but the volume. The more you make and sell of anything generally the lower the price to produce it.

I would not quote prices as the price on every thing will continue to go up on cars. But I see in the next 5-8 years the Volt may be just a little over a plug in electric.

You figure the added cost of the engine would increase the price a little over a plug in but also the plug in has a larger battery. I see the unlimited range of the gas engine option as a added value to the Volt. Untill the day comes where charging stations are easy to find and charges are much faster with out battery damage the ICE is the way to go to draw new buyers in the real world.