Ford And Chevy And Buick

ocnblu

So I went over to York, PA today to study some vehicles. The Buick, while cool as heck, is just too expensive at this point in my life. The Fords are very nice, all SE manual hatches ranging from $23-$25k (crappy pinstripes would be off like a prom dress immediately though). The Sonic RS is $21.8k but red is not my color (although it looks very good in red). Please give opinions if you wish.001_zpsd60be7c6.jpg

http--,,--//012_zps5c48117a.jpg012_zps5c48117a.jpg011_zps870634c0.jpg010_zps7f40fed3.jpg009_zps52045b5e.jpg008_zps4116ffef.jpg007_zps927e37ef.jpg006_zps06fb9a02.jpg005_zps32fc21e1.jpg004_zps96fe35c4.jpg003_zpsedf213c2.jpg002_zps7b378621.jpg

Edited by ocnblu

Agree on both counts... Trax and EcoSport.

The way Ford has packaged the options on the Focus for 2013 is a bit maddening. To get 17" wheels and foglights, one also has to buy leather seats and whatnot. But the leather seats are not heated, BUT, there's a "Winter Package" available with seat heaters and heated mirror glasses. Drives the price of the Focus upward, this bundling. Leather seats are too cold on the butt in winter without heaters, imo. Sonic RS comes with heated leather and suede seats, no hassle.

On the Sonic LT, Chevy sort of does the same thing. "Wheels and Foglight" package is available... with upgraded 16" alloys and foglights... BUT it is not available with the 1.4t... one has to take the 1.8 to order it.

Do not like the Fords, The style just does nothing for me with that big black plastic mouth.

Chevy while nice, is too much deer in the headlights look. Probably more of a Gen Y car than my era.

Buick wins hands down.

OcnBlu, as my dad and granddads always told me, working a bit longer to save a bit more to get a nicer item that will last longer makes it all worthwhile. You have solid transportation now. I strongly suggest holding off, saving a bit more and then get the Buick the way you want. You really will be far happier with an auto you have implied you will hold onto longer than your current churn and burn of new cars.

Good Luck :D Excite to hear what you do.

Do not like the Fords, The style just does nothing for me with that big black plastic mouth.

Chevy while nice, is too much deer in the headlights look. Probably more of a Gen Y car than my era.

Buick wins hands down.

OcnBlu, as my dad and granddads always told me, working a bit longer to save a bit more to get a nicer item that will last longer makes it all worthwhile. You have solid transportation now. I strongly suggest holding off, saving a bit more and then get the Buick 2015 Chevrolet Colorado the way you want. You really will be far happier with an auto you have implied you will hold onto longer than your current churn and burn of new cars.

Good Luck :D Excite to hear what you do.

Fixed :smilewide:

• Agree 1

My next vehicle I will try to keep at least until the 2015 Colorado/Canyon come out... and even then, I'm not sure I'll like these new pickups. If they come here with the international nose (I REALLY hope it gets a junior Silverado nose), the Chevy is out... and no one has seen the GMC yet. I know some dreamers have rendered it, but who knows? My commute speaks louder to me right now than my love of pickup trucks.

I've come closer to deciding on the Sonic RS in white with stickshift and sunroof.

Edited by ocnblu

My next vehicle I will try to keep at least until the 2015 Colorado/Canyon come out... and even then, I'm not sure I'll like these new pickups. If they come here with the international nose (I REALLY hope it gets a junior Silverado nose), the Chevy is out... and no one has seen the GMC yet. I know some dreamers have rendered it, but who knows? My commute speaks louder to me right now than my love of pickup trucks.

I've come closer to deciding on the Sonic RS in white with stickshift and sunroof.

Hope those little mutt's of a pickup come here with the 2.9L baby Duramax Diesel. That would make them Rock! :metal:

• Agree 1

Thank you Camino. To add to the mix, Ford has posted the pricing and specs for their sweet little 2014 Fiesta today... which swings me back in that direction, at $18,785 MSRP for the one I'd want... the least expensive candidate so far, but never lacking in character, economy, or fun.