Cadillac News: Cadillac Dealers Are Shown The ATS Coupe and New Escalade

By William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

April 29, 2013

Oh to be a fly on the wall during this meeting. Automotive News reports that at a at a national dealer meeting in Las Vegas last month, General Motors introduced the new ATS Coupe and 2015 Escalade.

As we reported last week, Cadillac has begun to work on the ATS Coupe. Dealers who were at the meeting say coupe is expected to reach showrooms next spring. Dealers also said that executives hope the new coupe will help bring in a younger crowd. Cadillac is keeping quiet on the powertrain lineup, but Automotive News guesses that ATS Coupe will have the same powertrain lineup as the ATS Sedan.

As for the 2015 Escalade, dealers say the exterior design is evolutionary Inside sees some dramatic changes as wood and aluminum trim are placed throughout and the third-row will be electronically controlled.

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

I am excited for these models, I hope the ATS V is the Twin Turbo V6.

For the Escalade, I have very high expectations and am looking forward to this SUV. The headroom and comfort for me is the big thing. So see if I can really fit or not since the current Escalade is too small for me to sit in comfortably.

I have heard that people were pleased with what they saw at the event. Sorry no details could be given other than they were very pleased.

The Escalade will be a major step up on interior trim and features. This one will set itself apart much more than the last couple gens did.

I expect that Cadillac will soon offer a Turbo upgrade for the Turbo 4 soon that will boost it to over 300 HP and as much as 340 FT LBS of torque. This would make for a very appealing dealer installed option on a Coupe. $400-500 will get you 50-60 HP.

I bet the coupe does not have the 2.5 liter, and uses the 2.0T as the base, and the V6 optional. Really that 2.5 should be dropped from the sedan also.

I am curious if the Escalade interior will be another dressed up Tahoe or if they will do something with it to justify the price tag. The Mercedes GL is the #1 selling SUV in that segment now, the Navigator and Lexus LX570 seem dead in the water, so it is basically a Cadillac vs Mercedes race at this point.

I bet the coupe does not have the 2.5 liter, and uses the 2.0T as the base, and the V6 optional. Really that 2.5 should be dropped from the sedan also.

I am curious if the Escalade interior will be another dressed up Tahoe or if they will do something with it to justify the price tag. The Mercedes GL is the #1 selling SUV in that segment now, the Navigator and Lexus LX570 seem dead in the water, so it is basically a Cadillac vs Mercedes race at this point.

I wonder how low the volume of the Infiniti QX is...oddly, I see a fair number of them, more than the Lexus LX....my next door neighbor has one..

Seattle you mainly see MB and Cadillac. In fact the Infinite dealership I suspect has stopped ordering the QX as they have plenty of 2012 models sitting on their lot and not moving. Ugly auto I think. Seattle seems to be fixated on MB, BMW, Cadillac and then Acura. Those are the SUV's you see all the time here.

Seems that people figured out that the LX570 is a Land Cruiser plus about $8K worth in badging. Really, they're that similar now.

Navigator should be new in a year or so.