My Partner's New Car

While I'm at it, I should update you guys on what Josh drives. Having done the switch between his Civic, Tiburon, and Outlook, he decided he didn't really need the extra space of a massive Lambda. Back in March, he traded it in for his first new car, one that is decidedly smaller.

Sonicccc.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

As you can see, he bought a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LT. He decided to buy one with the 1.8L and 5spd manual. Options include the 16" wheels and fog light package, as well as the Mylink premium audio system.

After 10k miles, he's pretty happy with it, though not as happy as he could be. He's had to have it in to the dealership 3 times for warranty work thus far. First two times for a faulty clutch pedal that was at first just greased (Dealership didn't really try to fix it) and the second time it was replaced like it should have been the first time. The third trip to the dealership was due to a Stabilitrak sensor that failed. Other than that and random interior rattles, it's been a good car for him. He averages 35 MPG even without the turbo engine and I've personally attained as high as 44 MPG on highway trips (with the A/C on I might add).

Yeah, I wasn't sure what to expect with the 1.8l, but it's doing rather well. I wanted him to get the 1.4l Turbo, but I'm not sure if it would have really been worth the $800 upgrade. It's plenty peppy as is and I was able to manage nearly 10 MPG over its highway rating. I'd say it was a good choice for him.