i HATE Boyd Coddington!!!!!

so im watching Boyd Coddingtons shameless ripoff of American Chopper, American Hotrod... and normally they get a beat up POS and make it sweet... which i have no problem with... the car was dead anyway... but today they have crossed the line

Boyd drives... yes drives as in the car works... a 1961 Impala into the shop... in PERFECT condition... no rust, original interior, original motor, beautiful paintjob... PERFECT

what do they do to it? well first Boyd destroys the torque converter by putting it in park and flooring it until something breaks...

then they strip it down all the way... and as of right now... they are planning on CHANGING THE HEADLIGHTS AND TAILLIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the taillights are what made the 61 impalas so sweet!!!!!! why would you change that?!?!?! what are these people thinking?!?!?!?! i hate them all!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I literally wince when they find a cherry old car and then dispose of everything except for the body shell.

I don't know why they couldn't use the chassis of the Impala they're working on right now.

While I empathize with you, 04Monte, truth be told Impalas are still a dime a dozen. I was at a car show this weekend and the place was lousy with Imps. If one guy want to build his car his way, that's his perogative. And yes- it makes sense from a budgetary standpoint to start with the best example you can get... tho that's (a budget) undoubtedly not a concern for Coddington customers.

What I want to know is: where do all the nice usable stock parts go- the dumpster??

so im watching Boyd Coddingtons shameless ripoff of American Chopper, American Hotrod... and normally they get a beat up POS and make it sweet... which i have no problem with... the car was dead anyway... but today they have crossed the line

Boyd drives... yes drives as in the car works... a 1961 Impala into the shop... in PERFECT condition... no rust, original interior, original motor, beautiful paintjob... PERFECT

what do they do to it? well first Boyd destroys the torque converter by putting it in park and flooring it until something breaks...

then they strip it down all the way... and as of right now... they are planning on CHANGING THE HEADLIGHTS AND TAILLIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the taillights are what made the 61 impalas so sweet!!!!!! why would you change that?!?!?! what are these people thinking?!?!?!?! i hate them all!!!!!!!!

Idiots :) , but i dont blame em for rippin American Chopper, to much bitchin, and moaning. I hate taht show.

While I empathize with you, 04Monte, truth be told Impalas are still a dime a dozen. I was at a car show this weekend and the place was lousy with Imps. If one guy want to build his car his way, that's his perogative. And yes- it makes sense from a budgetary standpoint to start with the best example you can get... tho that's (a budget) undoubtedly not a concern for Coddington customers.

Point taken.

But if he touches a '69 GTO, somebody's gon' die! :mr-t:

Yeah... they should stick to 5.0 Mustangs

& 3rd gen Camaros if you ask me. 1961

is way too old to be molesting with big

obnoxious rims & ugly "custom" interiors.

Dodgefan:

That's an awsome site. Meathead indeed... :lol: