Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Nissan News: Nissan Briefly Shows Us The Next Maxima

Recommended Posts

Nissan decided to their commercial on the Super Bowl to reveal two new cars. The first is their LMP1 racer that will enter Le Mans in June. What makes their racer stand out is that it happens to be a front-engine model, not the mid-engine variety that has been part of endurance racing for quite awhile.

Now for the big surprise of the ad. Towards the end of the ad, there's a peculiar sedan draped in red which looks very familiar to the Sports Sedan Concept shown at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. Before it fades to black, we see the back of the sedan where the Maxima nameplate appears.

We'll likely learn more about the Maxima in the coming months. In the meantime, you can check out Nissan's ad below.

Source: Nissan

http://youtu.be/Bd1qCi5nSKw


View full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will likely stand as the biggest surprise from this years Super Bowl. Never expected that.

 

Anyways, it sure is a weird looking thing, like the concept that previewed it. A Murano sedan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool thing to reveal an all new model unexpectedly on a commercial, to drum up interest. Too bad it's a Nissan, but otherwise was a decent move. Drum up interest, even if the car itself wasn't that interesting.

 

I never say "that looks like" but it does look like a new Avalon, a lot so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the Budweiser commercial with the puppy was the best. Over all this year was a complete let down and just sucked for the commercials.

 

Over all I was not impressed with the Nissan commercial. Most commercials left you with the who or what was the message.

 

Nissan commercial was a joke as the kid was a teen and too little too late to show up as a dad. That was the stronger message than about the auto's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



  • Social Stream

  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      Nissan has expanded its probe into former chairman Carlos Ghosn with the investigation into various European subsidiaries that may bring more criminal charges.
      Automotive News has learned from sources that the focus of the investigation will be around the Renault-Nissan BV based in the Netherlands. This was set up by the two automakers back in 2002 to be a strategic management company that oversees the alliance. But one source says that Nissan is planning to look into "as many as a dozen other Nissan-affiliated subsidiaries set up in the Netherlands," for possible financial misconduct. Japanese prosecutors are looking into some of the companies with the help of Nissan.
      (Emphasis mine.)
      This move may signal that the scandal may have reached outward of Japan and bring investigations right to Renault's doorstep. Automotive News also notes this could "further complicate" the delicate relations between the two.
      That neatly transitions us to a report from Reuters where a source reveals that Renault has told Nissan not to contact its directors ahead of a December 13th meeting of their board. The source says "such contact was outside the agreed channels for communication of the sensitive findings."
      As we reported back on Friday, Nissan offered Renault "a presentation that summarized the evidence" to help assuage some suspicious held by the French automaker. Renault declined, asking Nissan for the "presence of lawyers and the full report on the allegations." This reportedly came earlier this week as officials from Nissan met with Renault's legal team in France.
      The meeting tomorrow will see the members of the board discuss the findings of Nissan's investigation and debate the future of Carlos Ghosn.
      Spokespeople for Nissan and Renault declined to comment.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), Reuters

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Nissan has expanded its probe into former chairman Carlos Ghosn with the investigation into various European subsidiaries that may bring more criminal charges.
      Automotive News has learned from sources that the focus of the investigation will be around the Renault-Nissan BV based in the Netherlands. This was set up by the two automakers back in 2002 to be a strategic management company that oversees the alliance. But one source says that Nissan is planning to look into "as many as a dozen other Nissan-affiliated subsidiaries set up in the Netherlands," for possible financial misconduct. Japanese prosecutors are looking into some of the companies with the help of Nissan.
      (Emphasis mine.)
      This move may signal that the scandal may have reached outward of Japan and bring investigations right to Renault's doorstep. Automotive News also notes this could "further complicate" the delicate relations between the two.
      That neatly transitions us to a report from Reuters where a source reveals that Renault has told Nissan not to contact its directors ahead of a December 13th meeting of their board. The source says "such contact was outside the agreed channels for communication of the sensitive findings."
      As we reported back on Friday, Nissan offered Renault "a presentation that summarized the evidence" to help assuage some suspicious held by the French automaker. Renault declined, asking Nissan for the "presence of lawyers and the full report on the allegations." This reportedly came earlier this week as officials from Nissan met with Renault's legal team in France.
      The meeting tomorrow will see the members of the board discuss the findings of Nissan's investigation and debate the future of Carlos Ghosn.
      Spokespeople for Nissan and Renault declined to comment.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), Reuters
    • By William Maley
      If you were hoping that Chevrolet would bring the house down next month with the debut of the mid-engine Corvette at the Detroit Auto Show, we have some bad news for you.
      GM Authority has learned from GM that Chevrolet isn't planning to show anything car or crossover related at the show. Motor Authority was able to confirm this report by speaking to sources who know GM's plans for future vehicles. It is expected that the Cadillac XT6 crossover will debut at the show.
      Rumor has it that GM could debut the mid-engine Corvette at the New York Auto Show - the original 1953 Corvette debuted at the Motorama event that year in New York - or hold its own event to have the media focus on the new model and nothing else. The latter option seems the most likely to us.
      We'll keep you posted if anything changes.
      Source: GM Authority, Motor Authority

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      If you were hoping that Chevrolet would bring the house down next month with the debut of the mid-engine Corvette at the Detroit Auto Show, we have some bad news for you.
      GM Authority has learned from GM that Chevrolet isn't planning to show anything car or crossover related at the show. Motor Authority was able to confirm this report by speaking to sources who know GM's plans for future vehicles. It is expected that the Cadillac XT6 crossover will debut at the show.
      Rumor has it that GM could debut the mid-engine Corvette at the New York Auto Show - the original 1953 Corvette debuted at the Motorama event that year in New York - or hold its own event to have the media focus on the new model and nothing else. The latter option seems the most likely to us.
      We'll keep you posted if anything changes.
      Source: GM Authority, Motor Authority
    • By William Maley
      We have been talking about the next-generation Jetta GLI for almost a year. The next-generation model is expected to get some infusion from the GTI with the same turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder producing 220 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. It will also swap the torsion-beam rear suspension for a multi-link setup. The one item we have been wondering is where Volkswagen is planning on debuting it. For some time, we thought the Detroit Auto Show in January would be the place. But Autoblog reports that the Windy City will be the place for the GLI.
      A Volkswagen representative told the outlet the next GLI would be premiering during the Chicago Auto Show's Press Days - February 7th and 8th. 
      Source: Autoblog

      View full article
  • My Clubs

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×