Toyota Tundra to Present Two Year Brooks & Dunn Co

The wording of this press release is beyond stupid..how can a truck 'present' a concert tour or be in a partnership?????

Of course, Toyota isn't alone in such stupidity-- Honda and GM among others have done it before..

A lot of marketing nonsense..

-----------------------------------------------------------

Toyota Tundra to Present Two Year Brooks & Dunn Concert Tour: The Long Haul Tour

Wednesday May 3, 12:00 pm ET

Automaker Continues Commitment to American Heartland with 2006-2008 Presenting Sponsorship of Prolific Country Music Duo

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 3, 2006--Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. and top selling country music superstars Brooks & Dunn today announced a partnership with Toyota Tundra for the remainder of 2006, through 2008. Toyota Tundra was unveiled as the official presenting sponsor of the upcoming Brooks & Dunn 2006 concert tour titled, The Long Haul Tour, a seamless reference to the band's unwavering tour schedule and Tundra's proven longevity and payload.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Brooks & Dunn's music captures the Toyota Tundra truck-driving lifestyle and digs deep into the roots of American life," said Steve Jett, National Truck Advertising and Engagement Marketing Manager, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. "Just as Brooks & Dunn have set the benchmark for excellence in country music, the award-winning Tundra is setting the benchmark for full-size pickups. We're excited to join Brooks & Dunn on the road for The Long Haul Tour and to bring the only full-size pickup exclusively built in America to their fans."

Today's announcement was made by the multi-platinum duo at an intimate gathering of 125 fans and Nashville music industry elite. Brooks & Dunn surprised everyone in attendance; treating guests to a rare performance live from The Barn, at Dunn's Nashville home.

"We've worked long and hard, over the years, to build a brand that exemplifies the fulfillment of the American dream," said Ronnie Dunn. "We want our fans to be able to depend on us for comfort through the tough stuff. We hope that they will drag us along for the party! The road has been a tough, uphill climb. We fought with everything that we had not to be a flash in the pan... we're in it for the long haul."

The tour marks Toyota's first foray into the country music genre, part of its ongoing commitment to bring 70 years of truck-making and the best full-size pickup on the market to the American heartland.

"Big trucks and country music have always had a partnership," said Kix Brooks. "Toyota has developed a reputation for dependability that is second to none. At this point in our career we are very careful about who we hook up with -- hooking our trailer to a Toyota hitch gives me a feeling that we'll make it to the end of the road. It's going to be a long haul and it's going to be a good one."

The Long Haul Tour presented by Toyota Tundra will kick off May 12 in Charlotte, NC. Critically-acclaimed singer/songwriter-guitarist Jack Ingram, who recently acquired his first Top 5 hit, "Wherever You Are," and Double-Platinum selling group Sugarland, winner of Best New Artist at the American Music Awards, were announced as the opening acts for the upcoming Brooks & Dunn tour.

"The Long Haul Tour creates an incredible match with Toyota Tundra and Brooks & Dunn, both standard-bearers for all-American excellence," said Joe Galante, Chairman, Sony BMG Nashville. "It's a perfect match of road warriors, as The Long Haul Tour pairs the rock-solid Toyota Tundra with one of country's most consistently dynamic concert draws, multi-million selling superstars, Brooks & Dunn."

Fans and guests in attendance today got a rare sneak preview of the 2007 new generation Toyota Tundra, recently introduced to critical acclaim at the Chicago Auto Show. The new Tundra is completely redesigned. Toyota's engineers spent countless hours working with, and watching, true truck owners and their vehicles. It features new body and engine configurations, quick easy access to the truck bed and a tailgate that can be opened and closed with just two fingers. Robust dampers on the hinges have been added to help cushion the tailgate when opening and also help reduce bouncing when driving with the tailgate down. Large door handles, inside and out, easy-to-turn HVAC knobs, and adjustable headrests, allow drivers and passengers to ride to their next work site without having to remove protective gear such as hardhats or gloves.

The new Tundra also has the ability to tow over 10,000 pounds with every major component brawny and designed for maximum strength, durability and reliability over the long haul. The Tundra will arrive in dealer showrooms in early 2007.

About Toyota

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. is the marketing, sales, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion in the United States, marketing products and services through a network of 1,422 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealers in 49 states. Established in 1957, TMS and its subsidiaries also are involved in distribution logistics, motorsports and general aviation. The company's main Web site is http://www.toyota.com.

amazing.

so after tackling nascar toyota is sponsoring a country music tour.

whats next glamour shots of the tundra wearing chaps and a cowboy hat.

with a phony southern accent thrown in for good measure.

yeee haawwww(sawhn).

It's another great marketing scheme.

The wording of this press release is beyond stupid..how can a truck 'present' a concert tour or be in a partnership?????

I suppose they could be more specific and say that the marketing budget of the Toyota Tacomma was sponsoring some no name no talent gaggle of would be muscians.

I suppose they could be more specific and say that the marketing budget of the Toyota Tacomma was sponsoring some no name no talent gaggle of would be muscians.

No, its the Tundra thats sponsoring Brooks & Dunn.

Of course, Toyota isn't alone in such stupidity-- Honda and GM among others have done it before..

I didn't read the article, but how is this a stupid idea? It might be annoying to you, but it will probably accomplish its goal -which is to give more Tundra exposure to people who are hardcore Domestic truck owners.

Many, and I mean many companies do this, it's called sponsorship.

Since when has the Tundra been the leader in anything except for the butt of pickup jokes? And aren't the Silverado and Sierra built in Arlington, TX? I think that qualifies as "American built"...

And the claim that the Tundra is the "best" pickup seems a little outlandish to me. They still have yet to understand what a pickup is IMO.

of course its sponsorship professor the point is they didnt have to accept it.

that can only mean basically one of two things

they (brooks and done!) like the tundra and wanted a couple to tool around in

(or)

the money they offered was far and away so much higher that they couldnt refuse.

either way toyota got what they want, the tundra will get plenty of exposure.

its business thats all, and their effort to assimilate into the american culture.

Since when has the Tundra been the leader in anything except for the butt of pickup jokes? And aren't the Silverado and Sierra built in Arlington, TX? I think that qualifies as "American built"...

And the claim that the Tundra is the "best" pickup seems a little outlandish to me. They still have yet to understand what a pickup is IMO.

It doesn't matter if it's a leader :) It's marketting, they can get away with a lot as long as they word it correctly.

of course its sponsorship professor the point is they didnt have to accept it.

that can only mean basically one of two things

they (brooks and done!) like the tundra and wanted a couple to tool around in

(or)

the money they offered was far and away so much higher that they couldnt refuse.

either way toyota got what they want,  the tundra will get plenty of exposure.

its business thats all, and their effort to assimilate into the american culture.

I'm gonna go with "the money they offered was far and away so much higher that they couldnt refuse."

Toyota obviously has much more cash to burn than any other automaker on the planet. Brooks and Done should have declined the sponsorship due to personal reasons. Their fan base should boycott them just like people did to the Dixie Chicks, because what they are supporting is as unAmerican as what the Chixie Dicks did!

When southern country folk lose faith in this country and it's products, then it is all over.....because the yuppie/hippie leftists have throw in the towel many years ago.

I'm gonna go with "the money they offered was far and away so much higher that they couldnt refuse."

Toyota obviously has much more cash to burn than any other automaker on the planet.  Brooks and Done should have declined the sponsorship due to personal reasons.  Their fan base should boycott them just like people did to the Dixie Chicks, because what they are supporting is as unAmerican as what the Chixie Dicks did! 

When southern country folk lose faith in this country and it's products, then it is all over.....because the yuppie/hippie leftists have throw in the towel many years ago.

yuppie and hippie leftists are always more about themselves first and then keeping the social classes below them satiated, but at a lower level. "I can have my Lexus as long as they are the ones driving a Chevy, getting my starbucks, cleaning up my dogs poop in the park, and drycleaning my shirts"

thing is, the money in our country belongs to the leftists and intelligentsia. all the old conservatives that had ideals are getting too old. you have the baby boomers now who run the show and since birth that whole generation has felt entitled and liberated socially. 'i feel entitled to my toyota because i worked so hard' as opposed to the old timers which was, 'if i buy a chevy truck others like me will prosper as well'.

I really don't have a problem sending your money where you want to. Right now I just can't stand the world conquest bit Toyota has going on. While the local branches of Toyota obviously care about providing business to the US, I hardly doubt one iota that Toyotas head management in HAPAN gives a rats ass if our country is supported or not. They just want to suck the money out of us, I think. I don't really get the same impression on Honda. Honda could outdo Hoyoda if they really wanted to. Honda is way more innovative. Nissan is French, which annoys me, but then sometimes I feel compelled to like their products because they put KILLER motors in their cars.

My main beef is Toyota and their extreme arrogance. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple monster recalls and lawsuits against them, and maybe a few lemons of theirs to hit market about now. Like for example, a Lexus LS where the wheels fall off. Or Camlees where the suspension breaks. Not enough to hurt anyone, but enough to bring em down a notch or two.

People are fools. Subaru makes as good a quality cars as Toyota, they just don't make as many models. Yet toyota is gold and Subaru is niche.

Edited by regfootball

People are fools.  Subaru makes as good a quality cars as Toyota, they just don't make as many models.  Yet toyota is gold and Subaru is niche.

Yet another misconception, Subaru actually has horrible quality. They just get a free pass because they are Japanese.....that's how deep the Japanese quality "lie" has been engrained!

The least reliable brands of 2005:

Suzuki (151)

Mazda (149)

Land Rover (149)

Volkswagon (147)

Porsche (147)

Volvo (140)

Kia (140)

Subaru (138)

Saturn (136)

Saab (136)

Source: JD Power initial quality survey.

I didn't read the article, but how is this a stupid idea? It might be annoying to you, but it will probably accomplish its goal -which is to give more Tundra exposure to people who are hardcore Domestic truck owners.

Many, and I mean many companies do this, it's called sponsorship.

What I thought was stupid was the wording of the press release.... nothing wrong with the idea of Toyota sponsoring something, but the wording said the Tundra was sponsoring the tour...a truck is an inanimate object, and there for incapable of sponsoring something..

It would be just as stupid to see 'Chevy Cobalt sponsors 50 Cent'...

Toyota obviously has much more cash to burn than any other automaker on the planet.  Brooks and Done should have declined the sponsorship due to personal reasons.  Their fan base should boycott them just like people did to the Dixie Chicks, because what they are supporting is as unAmerican as what the Chixie Dicks did! 

Weren't the 'southern country folk' the ones that gave us the KKK and other racist things (segregation, etc)? Not to mention right wing religious fanatics like the AFA.

About the only thing I see good that came out of the old South is the food (bbq, etc) and music (the blues, jazz, etc)..

Weren't the 'southern country folk' the ones that gave us the KKK and other racist things (segregation, etc)?  Not to mention right wing religious fanatics like the AFA.

Origins may trace back to the South, but the KKK was nationwide for decades and viewed by many of all regions as a legitimate organization. Remember that.

Casting southern people as slack-jawed, toothless, moonshine-swigging, Ned Beatty rapers isn't widely accurate in the least.

Origins may trace back to the South, but the KKK was nationwide for decades and viewed by many of all regions as a legitimate organization. Remember that.

Casting southern people as slack-jawed, toothless, moonshine-swigging, Ned Beatty rapers isn't widely accurate in the least.

are you sure about that, fly?

i was watching a documentary about these 3 guys who go on a vacation down south, i think it was called deliverance, and that seems to be contrary to what yourre saying.

tv wouldnt lie to me. would it?