Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Not driving much

WOW, I do agree, Seattle has reduced street parking by 15% to make bike lanes and increased tax's on parking garages to where now the average month parking pass is $225 and the average day cost to park is $22.

This is just crazy and I have now changed over from a parking pass paid by my company to a bus pass as I spend less time going and getting from my house to work on the bus than in my own car.

It does suck as I now have to plan more to work from home when I need to run errands or deal with personal business and I have to make sure I leave to catch the few buses going to and from my area of where I live.

I do walk more but then working out was never an issue as I am in the gym most days for 2 hrs anyway. Cannot imagine not working out.

Yes this does suck as I enjoy driving. I have come to also resent the over kill of the liberal idiots that think driving is a right not a privilege earned. Washington state now allows the tax payers to pay for translation in 85 languages. WTF, How do you expect these people to communicate with police or fire if they cannot even read the road signs? On top of this, they are such bad drivers as you find them in the far left or middle lane driving 40 on a 60 freeway.

THIS IS NOT A RIGHT, But a Privilege earned.

Either way they need to change as not everyone should be driving as some people could care less so this shows the need for taxis, uber, trains and planes.

Still I agree with you drew, driving less sucks for me since I enjoy it so much.

• 2 weeks later...

My gig the last 6 months has been pretty predictable so my commute is only about 20 min (morning) and 45 min (afternoon) to and from Scottsdale, only about 15 miles each way.  Besides work just some the usual driving around town shopping, etc.    But I will be probably next month be starting to do a company trip one week every month or two to other company locations, alternating between Jamaica and Barbados. Probably won't be driving in those locations.

Drove a bit for the 1st time in a week this past Saturday ... felt good, particularly since I was able to have the window down, too!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"I'm gonna ride on the silver lining" __ FFH __ 'One Of These Days'

Drove a bit for the 1st time in a week this past Saturday ... felt good, particularly since I was able to have the window down, too!

"I'm gonna ride on the silver lining" __ FFH __ 'One Of These Days'

My rental has a sun roof this week... I actually had it open a bit today

My rental has a sun roof this week... I actually had it open a bit today

NICE!

Dad mentioned to me some time ago that he misses the sunroof they had in the Cobalt; their Cruze doesn't have that.

"Just aim beyond the clouds" __ Barry Manilow __ 'I Made It Through The Rain'