When is the '07 Z71 Av coming out?

I'm going to be getting a new 2007 Avalanche soon but can't really make a good decision what model to get. I like the LTZ with the 20" wheels but also like the practicality (and looks) of the cladding on my current model. Has anyone heard anything about the new Z71 Avalanche, and specifically, what kind of wheels, ground clearance, cladding and other features that it's going to have? Why can't GM at least release a simple list of features on the new Z71 Avalanche so that I at least know what I can expect. Instead of blindly awaiting a truck that may not even exist (having the features I've listed above).

I'm going to be getting a new 2007 Avalanche soon but can't really make a good decision what model to get.  I like the LTZ with the 20" wheels but also like the practicality (and looks) of the cladding on my current model.  Has anyone heard anything about the new Z71 Avalanche, and specifically, what kind of wheels, ground clearance, cladding and other features that it's going to have?  Why can't GM at least release a simple list of features on the new Z71 Avalanche so that I at least know what I can expect.  Instead of blindly awaiting a truck that may not even exist (having the features I've listed above).

Z71's have been replaced by LTZ's...

as to my understanding Z71 is a thing of the past...

as for the claddling... according to GM... 80% of buyers didnt like it anyway, so it will not be avalible at least for 2007...

Edited by Newbiewar

When info was first coming out about the new Tahoe, I could swear I saw something about a Z71 version becoming available later in the '07 model year, with special exterior trim, a different front fascia, etc.. Hmmm... :unsure:

The 2007 Avalanche will be available in the second quarter of 2006. It is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, with 2WD and 4WD (a Z71 off-road package will be offered later in the model year). At the start of production, Avalanche will come with an efficient 5.3L V-8 with Active Fuel Management™ technology that seamlessly switches from eight-cylinder to four-cylinder operation to save fuel. Later, a new, all-aluminum 6.0L V-8 with Active Fuel Management and variable valve timing (VVT) will be available. Several available engines allow Avalanche to run on E85, a renewable fuel.

...read the enitre story

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/08/chicago...olet-avalanche/

The LTZ model did not replace the Z71. The LTZ is just simply a trim package where as the Z71 is an offroad syspension/wheel option.

The new 'lanche rides on standard 17-inch wheels or optional 20s, with a set of 18-inchers to show up late this year on the Z71.

...read more

http://www.chevy2007avalanche.com/

Anyway, my point is, there is going to be a Z71, I'm just wondering if any of you have any insight as to the exact specifications of the new truck.

80% of owners didn;t like the cladding... interesting.

Yet a room full of morons in some "focus-group" probably

thought it was the best idea since the 1958 Edsel Pacer.

as for the claddling... according to GM... 80% of buyers didnt like it anyway, so it will not be avalible at least for 2007...

As far as cladding goes, I see way more units with cladding than without. And unless you can show me where GM said that 80% of buyers don't like the cladding, then I'm going to call this BS. If you've ever gone offroad with sticks and other brush rubbing the side or even in the Wal-Mart parking lot, you know that the cladding is a great idea in that is extremely durable and also makes the truck look beefier. If 80% of the buyers didn't like it, why didn't they just by the WBH Avalanche?

As much as I too like the cladding, it's been said umpteen times that it will NOT EVER be coming back. So just forget it.

But here's what was said about the Z71 Tahoe, which I assume would be very much like the Z71 Avalanche:

The available Z71 package (available later in 2006) takes this aggressive look to the next level. It includes a specifically designed three-piece fascia with a protective, platinum chrome skid plate. It has larger tow hook openings; larger, more prominent fog lamps; and specific grille texture and platinum chrome grille trim. Eighteen-inch wheels and tires also are part of the package.

With the Avalanche, the Z71 model (or dress up, if you want to think of it that way), was the most popular iteration, so I can't imagine it going away...but, there's always that possibility.

As far as cladding goes, I see way more units with cladding than without.  And unless you can show me where GM said that 80% of buyers don't like the cladding, then I'm going to call this BS.  If you've ever gone offroad with sticks and other brush rubbing the side or even in the Wal-Mart parking lot, you know that the cladding is a great idea in that is extremely durable and also makes the truck look beefier.  If 80% of the buyers didn't like it, why didn't they just by the WBH Avalanche?

"For 2007 we continue to add more flexibility to this truck as well as a lot more refinement on both the interior and exterior," said Carl Hillenbrand, Avalanche product manager at the '07 Avalanche's Texas debut. "From an exterior perspective the design is more lean, as well as more agile-looking."

The cleaner-looking exterior is a result of listening to the consumer voice, he said. While some liked the model with its original heavy cladding, about 80 percent favored the body void of cladding.

The cleaner-looking exterior is a result of listening to the consumer voice, he said. While some liked the model with its original heavy cladding, about 80 percent favored the body void of cladding.

Are buyers people who have bought one or people who are in the market for one? Very interesting nontheless. Thanks.

Are buyers people who have bought one or people who are in the market for one?  Very interesting nontheless.  Thanks.

i dont think it was the cladding that people liked, i think it was the rugged design of the exterior... it was a completely different profile... people liked the agreesiveness i think...

i remember the first time i saw a non cladded one... i was like :o thats beautiful... yet still i like the cladding... they just serve as different styles... ones ruff and rugged the other is refined and elegant

I hated some of the last gen no-cladding ones, mainly when the side molding/wheel flare option wasn't ordered...those just REALLY look like some kind of a stripped model, and very cheap. Cleaner yes, but plain and very slab sided, yes too.

The new '07+ models, though, look terrific since they were designed from the start devoid of cladding and stripping it away wasn't an afterthought. Actually, we all like the looks so much, a new Av has been added to the list of future vehicles that may replace the Suburban. To quote my mother exactly, a few weeks ago:

"The Suburban is really nice, I know, and really roomy, but it can be a bit bulky too. And though I enjoy it, I still really LOVED the Avalanche. Some day I want another one--and those new ones are really beautiful."

But back to the topic at hand, I'm interested to see what the Z71 trim (if and when it does arrive) brings to the party, especially since it was the most popular option/trim throughout the run of the last gen.

Edited by caddycruiser

Sorry i dont know...btw by "cladding" do you mean Plastic....cause iff so why get the tupperware? they look so much beeter without it..

The Z71-equipped Avalanche is scheduled to start production late in the third quarter of 2006 and will arrive at dealerships in the fourth quarter. The Z71 will be a suspension available across the LT trim -- not its own model.

Yep, pretty much like it's always been then :AH-HA_wink:

I had 2 cladded Z-71's. Still have my '04. There were so few cladded in Canada (this time 2 years ago) I got to factory order it (full load minus sunroof and DVD)

The lack of dings and swirls is a godsend. But the main reason for me preferring cladding, was the uniqueness and agressiveness of it. And, the unique front end.

The WBH looked stripped/like a Silverado, sharing the same front end.

That said, I did always like the Escalade EXT, for the painted cladding look....and an Av enthusiat painted his cladding to match the body color, and it was the best of both worlds...(unique front end, and, bad ass appearance).

As I said, seeing the 07 up close in black, I like the union between a more agressive look then the old WBH, and can accept the look of it. Nex to drive in it, sit in it, and see what knd of deal I can get on it. (Lease ends in 4 months on my 04).

The only requirement is its should be in black and have 20" wheels..Gm offerings or otherwise. A full load with rear park camera would be nice, but not in the budget I don't think

I had 2 cladded Z-71's. Still have my '04. There were so few cladded in Canada (this time 2 years ago) I got to factory order it (full load minus sunroof and DVD)

The lack of dings and swirls is a godsend. But the main reason for me preferring cladding, was the uniqueness and agressiveness of it. And, the unique front end.

The WBH looked stripped/like a Silverado, sharing the same front end.

That said, I did always like the Escalade EXT, for the painted cladding look....and an Av enthusiat painted his cladding to match the body color, and it was the best of both worlds...(unique front end, and, bad ass appearance).

As I said, seeing the 07 up close in black, I like the union between a more agressive look then the old WBH, and can accept the look of it. Nex to drive in it, sit in it, and see what knd of deal I can get on it. (Lease ends in 4 months on my 04).

The only requirement is its should be in black and have 20" wheels..Gm offerings or otherwise. A full load with rear park camera would be nice, but not in the budget I don't think

my only problem with the cladding... is it gets stained or something i've seen a few on the used car lot here... and it was just discusting how plastic could be discolored...

my only problem with the cladding... is it gets stained or something i've seen a few on the used car lot here... and it was just discusting how plastic could be discolored...

The plastic doesn't discolour. The early Av's had grey cladding, the recent ones have charcoal cladding. I had one of the first few Avalanches in Canada when they came out, and am still in contact with my friend who bought it and the plastic does not discolour. It's possible that some nuckle-head tried waxing the plastic. :thumbsup:

The plastic doesn't discolour.  The early Av's had grey cladding, the recent ones have charcoal cladding.  I had one of the first few Avalanches in Canada when they came out, and am still in contact with my friend who bought it and the plastic does not discolour.  It's possible that some nuckle-head tried waxing the plastic.  :thumbsup:

nono... the one that we had on the lot the other day was :blink::banghead: what happened?

if you've ever seen inside an engine bay where antifreeze is evident on all the plastic and hoses... thats what the cladding looked like