Texas Plumber Sues Ford Dealer After His Truck Ends up in ISIS' Hands

ccap41

"Once you trade in your vehicle to the dealership, you typically don’t have much power over where it ends up. And that’s usually not a problem, unless your truck ends up in an ISIS propaganda picture with your company’s decal still pasted on the doors.

That’s exactly what happened to Texas plumber Mark Oberholtzer, who sold his company’s F-250 truck to a Ford dealer in 2013. While he tried to remove the company’s decal before the transaction, a salesman allegedly told him to leave it to the dealership to handle so as not to ruin the original paint. But the decal was never removed, and the truck was shipped off to Turkey before it somehow ended up in the hands of ISIS in Syria. Now, Oberholtzer is suing the Ford dealer for $1 million after his business suffered from some extremely bad publicity. ..."

Read the rest of the Article @ http://www.motortrend.com/news/texas-plumber-sues-ford-dealer-after-his-truck-ends-up-in-isis-hands/

Edited by ccap41

First, I hope the dealer actually has nothing to do with ISIS. Second, The dealer deserves more than $1,000,000  for; 1: not doing what they said they would do upon trade-in. 2: selling a vehicle with another company's name on it, putting the guy's company's name and his own personal name essentially at risk due to negligence. 

What a POS dealer. 

Dude should have taken the signage off his truck before trading it...

He said he was attempting it but the dealer told him not to, they will do it for him. " While he tried to remove the company’s decal before the transaction, a salesman allegedly told him to leave it to the dealership to handle so as not to ruin the original paint. "

• Agree 1

The dealer probably sent it to auction, one or more wholesalers bought/sold it and it ended up at a port somewhere in the Middle East, eventually ending up with an ISIS fleet buyer who wanted something larger/heavier duty than their Toyota Hilux fleet..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Speaking of not leaving personal identifiable material with a car, I apparently left a registration paper in my '88 Bronco II when I traded in '00 on the Grand Cherokee...a couple months later, I got a phone call from a lady that was looking at it on a used car lot 30 miles away in a small town, asking about the mileage...I took a drive out there a week later, and sure enough, it was sitting on that lot.  A couple years later, I was still seeing it running around town (it was a distinctive color combo and had specific dents that I put in it). 

When you have whole articles dedicated to people's worst dealerships experiences...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/01/question-of-the-day-your-worst-dealership-experience/

And entire studies showing the "only 17 out of 4002 people prefer the current car buying process"...

http://press.autotrader.com/2015-03-31-New-Autotrader-Study-Consumers-Want-Big-Changes-to-the-Car-Buying-Process

That's THE DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 1

When you have whole articles dedicated to people's worst dealerships experiences...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2009/01/question-of-the-day-your-worst-dealership-experience/

And entire studies showing the "only 17 out of 4002 people prefer the current car buying process"...

http://press.autotrader.com/2015-03-31-New-Autotrader-Study-Consumers-Want-Big-Changes-to-the-Car-Buying-Process

That's THE DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

But FORD Teaches their sales people to be jerks, I am almost sure of it. Every time I step foot onto a ford lot, I get assaulted. They have no professional sales manners at all. Some GM and FCA are getting bad also. Why, Why, Why! :(

• Agree 1