Concepts that should have been Built

David

So found this on Motor Trends web site, the top 10 concepts that should have been built. I have to say I really like most of them and the one Chrysler did, while the first time seeing it for me, this should have been done from day one. Talk about pure sex on wheels.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/g6565/10-concept-cars-we-wish-had-made-it-to-production/?slide=1

My Favorite two are as follows:

Chrysler Atlantic Concept

post-12-0-74932000-1454465545_thumb.jpg

Cadillac Sixteen

post-12-0-41664600-1454465544_thumb.jpg

Plenty of other cool auto's but these two are my fav's.

Sixteen is the best, but I found it 'shy' of where I would have liked to see it design-wise. Underhood tho; incredible!

Take the Sixteen and add a bit more Arts n Science to it with a few more creases and this would be a true S killer!

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Along with the Ford Ranger, the blue oval is considering resurrecting another nameplate. Bloomberg has learned from sources that the company is considering bringing back the Bronco nameplate for a vehicle to be built at the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, MI.

“It’s a good move. Gen Y has discovered the original Bronco. Ford has seen what the Mustang can do for them, and they are bringing back their iconic names,” said John Wolkonowicz, a Boston-based independent analyst.

The Bronco would give Ford a vehicle to compete with the likes of Toyota and General Motors. It would also allow Ford to capitalize on the growing popularity of the Bronco by Gen Y, especially those in Southern California.

The source said the Bronco will be a midsize model (like the Explorer) and use a truck frame for added toughness.

Source: Bloomberg

View full article
    • By David
      Found this on Mustang and Fords .com web site, a really nice series of Mustang concepts including the 1963 4 door version. I love the 1967 Mach 1 concept that they suspect was crushed, but man is that a lovely Mustang. Check em out.
      http://www.mustangandfords.com/features/1505-mustang-concepts-you-need-to-see/

Additional good concepts of early mustangs also here:
      http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/early-ford-mustang-concepts-prototypes-and-sketches/ss-AAlZqMy#image=1

• By William Maley
      Along with the Ford Ranger, the blue oval is considering resurrecting another nameplate. Bloomberg has learned from sources that the company is considering bringing back the Bronco nameplate for a vehicle to be built at the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, MI.

“It’s a good move. Gen Y has discovered the original Bronco. Ford has seen what the Mustang can do for them, and they are bringing back their iconic names,” said John Wolkonowicz, a Boston-based independent analyst.

The Bronco would give Ford a vehicle to compete with the likes of Toyota and General Motors. It would also allow Ford to capitalize on the growing popularity of the Bronco by Gen Y, especially those in Southern California.

The source said the Bronco will be a midsize model (like the Explorer) and use a truck frame for added toughness.

Source: Bloomberg
    • By David
      Boldride had their story published on Yahoo Auto's today. They asked who built the best concept cars and in researching for this story they found even 6 yrs after the production lines stopped, Nobody built better concepts than Pontiac and they were from the 80's!

Nobody better than Pontiac Concepts?

1986 Pontiac Trans Sport

1987 Pontiac Pursuit

1988 Pontiac Banshee

1989 Pontiac Stinger

Concepts did not stop in the 80's either. Just a taste of what you can find at Boldride web site

1990 Pontiac Sunfire

1992 Pontiac Salsa

2007 Pontiac Solstice

So what do you think? Is Pontiac the best out there for building Concepts? If you disagree state your facts and post some pictures and links so we can discuss this!
    • By David
      While looking around GMs FastLane web site, I came across this awesome story covering GMs military concepts that have been created to meet the needs of our armed forces. Some of them I could see being wanted by the public such at GMs Silverado Duramax Diesel Hybrid system where the Diesel motor can also serve as a 30kW generator. This could so be useful during storms when the power goes out to your home.

Check out the cool pictures and info here.
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook