William Maley

Genesis News: Genesis Says An EV Is In the Cards

Genesis is still in the process of building itself out, but they have revealed that there will be an electric vehicle from them in the future.

"We will definitely go as Genesis brand down the road of alternative propulsions and it is very, very obvious that EV is definitely on the map," said Genesis Senior Vice President Manfred Fitzgerald at the Busan Auto Show in South Korea.

"I think full electric cars will be the future in the auto industry."

Fitzgerald didn't elaborate on what could the EV look like or a possible release date. But we do know that Hyundai is working on a 250 mile EV for 2020, possibly giving a base for a Genesis model. We also know that this EV won't be appearing till after 2020 thanks to a leaked roadmap showing off Genesis' planned lineup. There is no EV on the map, leading us to believe it will come down the road.

Source: Reuters

Click here to view the article

I hope Cadillac is already planned for a proper EV to have in the family as the current petro and PHEV is good but they need a true EV and I would say a PHEV CUV would also be the right thing to do.

I am excited to see what Genesis does as I suspect it will really make the rest of the luxury market also step up.

Genesis Senior Vice President Manfred Fitzgerald:  "I think full electric cars will be the future in the auto industry."

This, and 3-D printed houses on Mars are in a neck-&-neck race.

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Genesis is working on a new sports car that will be utilizing a plug-in hybrid powertrain. This information comes to us via Australian outlet Wheels who spoke with two senior executives from Hyundai at the Consumer Electronics Show.
      “We are definitely doing it. I’m actually reviewing the project next week, after CES. I can’t tell you much more about it, but we are definitely doing it. We are not going autonomous for all of our cars!" said Hyundai design vice-president Luc Donckerwolke.
      Hyundai's vice-chairman of research and development, Woong-chul Yang acknowledged the project, saying the coupe would be a two-seater, feature some sort of electrification, and be under the watchful eye of the N performance division.
      “We are very much interested in it and as far as I’m concerned I’d love to promote that [a sportscar]. That’s something our brand needs at this time. The people working at N will be working on that, but how we put it in the N or maybe above N … it’s pretty high performance. It’s serious,” said Yang.
      “We cannot say it will just be hybrid,” he said “but we will use electric motors and batteries to make it more performance. Some areas we cannot just overcome by putting a big ICE [internal combustion engine], we like to minimise as much as possible the ICE and use the best application of electric motors. That means not only efficiency but also performance can be very much optimised using both powertrains. Certainly we will put some electric powerplant in there.”
      Right now, the project is still in the design stage and it will likely be years before the coupe sees the light of day.
      Source: Wheels

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Genesis is working on a new sports car that will be utilizing a plug-in hybrid powertrain. This information comes to us via Australian outlet Wheels who spoke with two senior executives from Hyundai at the Consumer Electronics Show.
      “We are definitely doing it. I’m actually reviewing the project next week, after CES. I can’t tell you much more about it, but we are definitely doing it. We are not going autonomous for all of our cars!" said Hyundai design vice-president Luc Donckerwolke.
      Hyundai's vice-chairman of research and development, Woong-chul Yang acknowledged the project, saying the coupe would be a two-seater, feature some sort of electrification, and be under the watchful eye of the N performance division.
      “We are very much interested in it and as far as I’m concerned I’d love to promote that [a sportscar]. That’s something our brand needs at this time. The people working at N will be working on that, but how we put it in the N or maybe above N … it’s pretty high performance. It’s serious,” said Yang.
      “We cannot say it will just be hybrid,” he said “but we will use electric motors and batteries to make it more performance. Some areas we cannot just overcome by putting a big ICE [internal combustion engine], we like to minimise as much as possible the ICE and use the best application of electric motors. That means not only efficiency but also performance can be very much optimised using both powertrains. Certainly we will put some electric powerplant in there.”
      Right now, the project is still in the design stage and it will likely be years before the coupe sees the light of day.
      Source: Wheels
    • By William Maley
      The Cadillac XT4 is an important model for the brand as it will give them a competitor in the lucrative compact luxury crossover class. It might also give one of GM's assembly plants some much needed good news.
      Bloomberg has learned from sources that General Motors has started producing test versions of the Cadillac XT4 at their Fairfax Assembly plant in Kansas City. This possibly hints that production of the XT4 could take place here. A GM spokesman declined to comment when asked about this.
      The Fairfax plant has been hit hard by the decline in sales for midsize sedans. Home to the Chevrolet Malibu, the plant has seen the third shift cut last year as Malibu sales dropped 18 percent. 
      Source: Bloomberg
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook