Genesis News: Genesis Says An EV Is In the Cards

Genesis is still in the process of building itself out, but they have revealed that there will be an electric vehicle from them in the future.

"We will definitely go as Genesis brand down the road of alternative propulsions and it is very, very obvious that EV is definitely on the map," said Genesis Senior Vice President Manfred Fitzgerald at the Busan Auto Show in South Korea.

"I think full electric cars will be the future in the auto industry."

Fitzgerald didn't elaborate on what could the EV look like or a possible release date. But we do know that Hyundai is working on a 250 mile EV for 2020, possibly giving a base for a Genesis model. We also know that this EV won't be appearing till after 2020 thanks to a leaked roadmap showing off Genesis' planned lineup. There is no EV on the map, leading us to believe it will come down the road.

Source: Reuters

View full article

I hope Cadillac is already planned for a proper EV to have in the family as the current petro and PHEV is good but they need a true EV and I would say a PHEV CUV would also be the right thing to do.

I am excited to see what Genesis does as I suspect it will really make the rest of the luxury market also step up.