Saw my first 2007 Suburban today...

Was on a bike ride and I saw my first 2007 Chevy Suburban-a Black LT 1500 4x4. Much nicer looking than Tahoe, the rear overhang was a little much and it did look a bit of "too much the same", but its proportions look good, kind of macho. anyone else seen these on the roads yet?

There are about 8 at the Chevy dealer near my house. I saw one lady taking one out for a test run, but that's about it.

we've got about 20 in stock now... and about 15 avalanches...

but i really like the tahoe better...

the suburban just seems kinda bloated, looks like it is trying to compete with the excursion...

the avalanche, looks too clean cut... its supposed to be a rugged car, let the cadillac be clean, and let the chevy be 'off road ready'... not, 'just got out of a confrence'

I haven't seen any on the road. I have seen 1 Tahoe though. I am also finally starting to see 2006 Monte Carlos. I saw my first one in March 2006 on the road. I have seen 3 others but 3/4 of the ones I saw were rental cars. Chevrolet needs to step it up with these. My dealer near my house has been avoiding getting any. They got one last year and it is still sittting there now. It never sold and nobody ordered any and they have had comments on how the people don't like them. They haven't heard any good comments from consumers about it.

Expedition EL you mean? Excursion died-but this looked more macho, nicer than Tahoe I think-I wasn't impressed with Tahoe-once school's done, I'll have to hit up my Chevy dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

I drove a Suburban LTZ 4X4 last week :hissyfit: VERRY nice. The LTZ rode like it was on rails. I'm ready to pull the trigger and get one, but I..MUST.....HOLD......OUT..FOR..THE 6-Speed &....Z71 package. (this bad boy WILL have a lift, the wife approved that :pbjtime: )

Between the Suburban and the Tahoe,the MAIN problem I have with the TAHOE is you can't use the rear quarter windows to see out of. The second row seats are in the way, granted that was also a problem on the 800's too. With the Suburban you can see out of those windows because they are much longer.

We took a LT3 4X4 Tahoe out today, just to see what a non LTZ rode like, I prefer the LT much more. I felt more connected. It rode "firmer" but I'm also comparing a suburban to a Tahoe. When I was sitting at a light I honestly thought the truck had quit running it was that smoth and quiet LOL!!!. Silky smoth power and great brakes. Do not judge them till you can get a drive in one, VERRY NICE!!

I drove a Suburban LTZ 4X4 last week  :hissyfit: VERRY nice. The LTZ rode like it was on rails. I'm ready to pull the trigger and get one, but I..MUST.....HOLD......OUT..FOR..THE 6-Speed &....Z71 package. (this bad boy WILL have a lift, the wife approved that  :pbjtime: )

Between the Suburban and the Tahoe,the MAIN problem I have with the TAHOE is you can't use the rear quarter windows to see out of. The second row seats are in the way, granted that was also a problem on the 800's too.  With the Suburban you can see out of those windows because they are much longer.

We took a LT3 4X4 Tahoe out today, just to see what a non LTZ rode like, I prefer the LT much more. I felt more connected.  It rode "firmer" but I'm also comparing a suburban to a Tahoe. When I was sitting at a light I honestly thought the truck had quit running it was that smoth and quiet LOL!!!. Silky smoth power and great brakes.  Do not judge them till you can get a drive in one, VERRY NICE!!

Just drove a 07 Av....very, very nice....plain ol LT too.... 8)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hopeing that the Z pacakge this fall will include the 6.0 AND the 6-speed!!!! Hey I can hope right!!

I did see a little blurb in a Consumer reports mag. It was the one for new 07 Trucks and SUV's. The afore mentioned blurb is JUST for the 07 Suburban, IT said the Z71 package was 5,000. there was very little info on it and if so you better get way more that some cosmetic upgrades (PLEASE DO NOT "TAKE THIS TO THE BANK") It may have been a mis-print. I did not see that for the Tahoe or Yukon or Yukon XL.

• 3 weeks later...

I mentioned this in another forum, but I had the good fortune of renting a new 2007 Suburban LT about two weeks ago from Avis at Chicago Midway airport. I loved it; it rode so much more stable and quieter than the 2005 Tahoe that I have at home. Acceleration wasnt so hot, but then it probably had the smaller of the 2 V8's, since it was a rental -- I should've checked under the hood, but I didn't...

The ride was truly superior to the last generation Tahoe, and I loved the new instrument panel, in ebony with the wood and chrome trim. The audio and HVAC controls are so much more sophisticated than the old generation, no doubt about it.

I can just imagine the improved performance if this had been a Tahoe with 20 inch wheels....

Anyway, the new 'Burb is a total winner in my book, if you need a vehicle that big.