• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

dfelt

Cadillac Naming Convention, Time to Show your Marketing Mastery!

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

We have had many threads in many auto lines that always hit upon if the Alpha Numeric naming is the best it can be or not. Some love the german branding of the names, while others hate it. Many have stated it is time to bring back the names to Cadillac.

With this, I am bringing to the Cadillac forum this naming thread so that you can lay out YOUR CHOICE of names, how they would be used in the auto line up and for fun add in YOUR MARKETING MESSAGE, or TAG Line!

I will start this off with my own listing of how I feel Cadillac should cover their auto family line of names. To me a Sedan is a 4 door auto, Coupe is a 2 door auto, time to clearly show which is which and bring back the proper room and space into the luxury line. No more blindly and dumbly following the germans or anyone else. Show what America Luxury is and tune it based on proper marketing clinics with feedback from the public.

CARS

ATS/CT3 - Sedan - Ciel-4, Ciel-4 EV, Ciel-4 Sport, Ciel-4 V & Coupe - Ciel-2, Ciel-2 EV, Ciel-2 Sport, Ciel-2 V

CTS/CT5 - Sedan - Converj-4, Converj-4 EV, Converj-4 Sport, Converj-4 V & Coupe - Converj-2, Converj-2 EV, Converj-2 Sport, Converj-2 V

CT6 - Sedan - Eldorado-4, Eldorado-4 EV, Eldorado-4 Sport, Eldorado-4 V, & Coupe Eldorado-2, Eldorado-2 EV, Eldorado-2 Sport, Eldorado-2 V

CT7 - Sedan - Elmiraj-4, Elmiraj-4 EV, Elmiraj-4 Sport, Elmiraj-4 V & Coupe - Elmiraj-2, Elmiraj-2 EV, Elmiraj-2 Sport, Elmiraj-2 V

CT8 - Sedan - Imaj-4, Imaj-4 EV, Imaj-4 Sport, Imaj-4 V & Coupe - Imaj-2, Imaj-2 EV, Imaj-2 Sport, Imaj-2 V

SUVS / TRUCKS

Escalade - Stays Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT (Well Established, no need to change)

XT7 - Provoq, Provoq EV, Provoq Sport, Provoq V

XT5 - Mahir, Mahir EV, Mahir Sport, Mahir V

SRX/XT3 - Enejik, Enejik EV, Enejik Sport, Enejik V

XT1 - Ajil, Ajil EV, Ajil Sport, Ajil V

Marketing Tagline

Like No Other, Cadillac!

• I like Eldorado, ElMiraj & Escalade. And by that, I'm NOT in favor of all 'E' names, BTW! But IMHO: the rest are definite 'NO's. I especially hate the *name* + *number* in a hundred variations. That's easily as poor as the mercedes' mess. And a towering 'NFW' to an 'Xt1' entry.

• I firmly believe that a big sedan can successfully be re-christened 'Fleetwood' or 'Brougham' again. Then keep the names for another 50 year run.

• Would strongly advocate returning to models names where displacement/drive wheels are REMOVED from the model's name. Too homogenized, too commonplace. You want to know what engine is in the car? Read the trunk badge & move the F on. The exception, sort of, to that is keeping the V-Sport and V suffixes. 

Edited by balthazar

Cadillac loves French and Spanish names.

Cars:

Calais: compact sedan/hatchback

Lasalle: small sedan/coupe/convertible

Seville: mid-size sedan

Eldorado: mid-size coupe/convertible

Fleetwood:  full size sedan

I'd skip a full size coupe since that is such a tiny segment, and position Eldorado about $5-10k above the Seville.

SUV/Crossover:

Avignon: small crossover

Alicante: mid-size crossover

Imaj: large crossover

Escalade: large SUV

For a slogan I would go with "Since 1902" it is doesn't have clever marketing speak, but it reminds people they have been around a really long time.

G. David Felt

We have had many threads in many auto lines that always hit upon if the Alpha Numeric naming is the best it can be or not. Some love the german branding of the names, while others hate it. Many have stated it is time to bring back the names to Cadillac.

With this, I am bringing to the Cadillac forum this naming thread so that you can lay out YOUR CHOICE of names, how they would be used in the auto line up and for fun add in YOUR MARKETING MESSAGE, or TAG Line!

I will start this off with my own listing of how I feel Cadillac should cover their auto family line of names. To me a Sedan is a 4 door auto, Coupe is a 2 door auto, time to clearly show which is which and bring back the proper room and space into the luxury line. No more blindly and dumbly following the germans or anyone else. Show what America Luxury is and tune it based on proper marketing clinics with feedback from the public.

CARS

ATS/CT3 - Sedan - Ciel-4, Ciel-4 EV, Ciel-4 Sport, Ciel-4 V & Coupe - Ciel-2, Ciel-2 EV, Ciel-2 Sport, Ciel-2 V

CTS/CT5 - Sedan - Converj-4, Converj-4 EV, Converj-4 Sport, Converj-4 V & Coupe - Converj-2, Converj-2 EV, Converj-2 Sport, Converj-2 V

CT6 - Sedan - Eldorado-4, Eldorado-4 EV, Eldorado-4 Sport, Eldorado-4 V, & Coupe Eldorado-2, Eldorado-2 EV, Eldorado-2 Sport, Eldorado-2 V

CT7 - Sedan - Elmiraj-4, Elmiraj-4 EV, Elmiraj-4 Sport, Elmiraj-4 V & Coupe - Elmiraj-2, Elmiraj-2 EV, Elmiraj-2 Sport, Elmiraj-2 V

CT8 - Sedan - Imaj-4, Imaj-4 EV, Imaj-4 Sport, Imaj-4 V & Coupe - Imaj-2, Imaj-2 EV, Imaj-2 Sport, Imaj-2 V

SUVS / TRUCKS

Escalade - Stays Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT (Well Established, no need to change)

Marketing Tagline

Like No Other, Cadillac!

Problem with the slogan:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKeAAAAJDYwNGU0MjM1LWU1OTIt

• I like Eldorado, ElMiraj & Escalade. And by that, I'm NOT in favor of all 'E' names, BTW! But IMHO: the rest are definite 'NO's. I especially hate the *name* + *number* in a hundred variations. That's easily as poor as the mercedes' mess. And a towering 'NFW' to an 'Xt1' entry.

• I firmly believe that a big sedan can successfully be re-christened 'Fleetwood' or 'Brougham' again. Then keep the names for another 50 year run.

• Would strongly advocate returning to models names where displacement/drive wheels are REMOVED from the model's name. Too homogenized, too commonplace. You want to know what engine is in the car? Read the trunk badge & move the F on. The exception, sort of, to that is keeping the V-Sport and V suffixes. 

Respect the input SMK, Please provide your layout of a car naming for 4 door Sedans and 2 door coupes plus the SUV / Truck segment. 

Interesting as I had no Idea about the MB tag line when I came up with mine. MB problem is that their CLA is like all the others in the family and seems to be just a selfish I am better than all the rest of the MB product line. I was thinking of a slogan over all to be applied to the whole family.

I like I suspect many others am not a fan of the Piss Poor Dare Greatly tag line.

My reply is straight forward.

For hypothetical example :

• 'Fleetwood' : available in sedan & coupe : 2.0T I4, 3.0TT V6, 4.2TT V8 

• Fleetwood V-Sport : available in sedan & coupe : 3.0TT V6, 4.2TT V8

• Fleetwood V : available in sedan & coupe, 6.2SC V8

Cars are all badged as 'Fleetwood' with separate engine badging on rear fascia (or front fenders). 
With AWD option, would like to see badging less obvious, i.e.; not on the rear fascia. Maybe lower front fenders, or on the wheels somehow. Get away from a scenario where you are behind one and it reads "Cadillac' and 'Fleetwood' and '4.2TT' AND 'AWD'. No longer necessary to hammer the consumer that way.

NOT in favor of coding drive wheels and engine option into the model name, adds needless complexity.

- - - - - 

I don't think "Dare Greatly' is bad at all, BTW.

Respect the input SMK, Please provide your layout of a car naming for 4 door Sedans and 2 door coupes plus the SUV / Truck segment. 

Interesting as I had no Idea about the MB tag line when I came up with mine. MB problem is that their CLA is like all the others in the family and seems to be just a selfish I am better than all the rest of the MB product line. I was thinking of a slogan over all to be applied to the whole family.

I like I suspect many others am not a fan of the Piss Poor Dare Greatly tag line.

Mercedes used "Unlike Any Other"  and "Engineered like no other car" for a lot of the 80s and 90s as their slogans.

I did put my line up, I am not opposed to multiple body styles on one name, I think Eldorado is iconic for Cadillac as a 2-door, so I would make that a unique offering as their top end coupe in a mid-size vehicle.  

Cars:

SUV/Crossover:

Edited by smk4565

My point of view is if you build a great car the name matters little.  La Ferrari is dumb but yet people will pay millions and wait for over a year to take delivery. 

I think too many enthusiast put too much time into names and too little into the product. A name may help a bad car but a good car will sine even if it is labeled poorly. 

And please no one pull up the Nova hoax that never happened. 

As for Cadillac no one really cares about the past under 60 and if you do get with it. The old names mean little in today's market. Too often if they do it is the winter beater your neighbor owns rusting out in the street. 

If you want to really effect change and if you have to use a name you need new names. Elmiraj was brilliant. nice play on words in of an exotic but racy location. 

The fact is the Germans pump out high dollar cars and make billions on numbers which is proof names mean little. 

There was a time when advertising like the old Fitzpatrick Pontiac adds really conjured up images that most never would see in person. Today with global travel and the web people just don't care or dream as much. They are too damn busy videoing their brother trying to skate board off the roof to post to You Tube. 

So old names are out. 

Next new names that mean nothing. What a waste and so Asian. 

Names need to mean something and they need to reach out to more than one old age group. The show car names Cadillac have been ok with some and others a waste. I would search for exotic names that mean something to people under 40 and go with that. 

Sorry I am just tired of this old debate where some want to relive their youth 50 plus years ago and think a name is going to change the out come in this game. 

Fix the product and you will fix what ails the company. 

If anyone thinks an Escalade is selling so well because of the name you had better look at what it is. Large expressive top of the line SUV could be called anything and sell as well. 

Large expressive top of the line SUV could be called anything and sell as well.

Agreed : if the vehicle is great, it doesn't matter if 50+ yr olds remember a name from decades past but no one else does. Like you say- the name doesn't matter as long as it's a word instead of yet another meaningless alpha-numeric. 

If names don't matter, they would change Escalade to XT7 or XT8 to fit with their other offerings.  The name must matter.

Rename CT6 Deville.

Rename CTS Seville.

Obviously call any sedan more expensive than CT6 (Deville) the Fleetwood. 

Drop ATS.  If they keep it, they can call it Cimarron or Series 62 for all I care. 

Keep Escalade.  I don't care what they call XT5 and future crossovers. 

Cadillac loves French and Spanish names.

Cars:

I'd skip a full size coupe since that is such a tiny segment, and position Eldorado about $5-10k above the Seville.

SUV/Crossover:

For a slogan I would go with "Since 1902" it is doesn't have clever marketing speak, but it reminds people they have been around a really long time.

G. David Felt

CARS

SUVS / TRUCKS

Marketing Tagline

Like No Other, Cadillac!

Problem with the slogan:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKeAAAAJDYwNGU0MjM1LWU1OTIt

I like your car model names. Looks like a list I had many years ago when the present names were coming along.

Lasalle for ATS. Lasalle was the sub brand of Cadillac many years ago so why not their sub model today?

Saville for CTS. Saville was the mid-sized euro focused model when it came out in the 1970's so Perfect.

Daville for XTS. Daville was the large Cadillac positioned below the more premium large model so if they keep it around Perfect.

Fleetwood for CT6. Need I say more? With these models I would also add Coupe for coupe models and Sedan for sedans as in Coupe Lasalle for ATS Coupe like the classy old days. You have a rich history Cadillac so TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!!!

I would have a large Coupe named Eldorado loosely based on the CT6 positioned as a more expensive model in the lineup as well. Then I would find a naming scheme for the crossovers/SUV's based around Escalade in differing sizes and or marketing positions. Its a well known name now and it could be used across the crossover/SUV range!

Edited by Carguy

What I personally think would be GREAT for Cadillac to do is use iconic United States cities or landmarks for their cars.

New York

LA(Los Angeles)

Chicago

Detroit

Dallas

Houston

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

St. Louis

Atlanta

You could add historically significant towns/locations like Gettysburg or Normandy(I know it isn't a US location but it is very historically significant to our country). There are probably a dozen other huge major battle ground with historical significance that could be used.

I just think it would be an awesome way to keep it American, make it's name mean something, and it isn't an alphanumeric jumble that a lot of non-car people don't understand at all.

Not liking it in the least, ccap.
First thing I think of is the laundry list of random negatives one could them attach to a model with a derogatory intent.

2nd thing is sports teams.

Cadillac has half a century of foreign city names in their past, no real connection with American locations comes to mind other than a short-lived run with 'Park Avenue'.

What I personally think would be GREAT for Cadillac to do is use iconic United States cities or landmarks for their cars.

New York

LA(Los Angeles)

Chicago

Detroit

Dallas

Houston

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

St. Louis

Atlanta

You could add historically significant towns/locations like Gettysburg or Normandy(I know it isn't a US location but it is very historically significant to our country). There are probably a dozen other huge major battle ground with historical significance that could be used.

I just think it would be an awesome way to keep it American, make it's name mean something, and it isn't an alphanumeric jumble that a lot of non-car people don't understand at all.

Gotta pass on the city naming thing, after all we are trying to build and sell a global brand. We need more global planet wide names.

Course I am sure ganges in various cities would love it.

You can see it now, I drive a Cadillac Dallas North Side Edition!  :bowl:  Rollin  :bowl:  Rollin  :bowl:

First thing I think of is the laundry list of random negatives one could them attach to a model with a derogatory intent.

Cadillac has half a century of foreign city names in their past, no real connection with American locations comes to mind other than a short-lived run with 'Park Avenue'.

Awwww dang.. lol

I actually thought I had a good idea goin for them. I didn't think about the sports teams. I just thought it was good because it was 100% American and had some actual value behind it other than a random name or just another old name being reused.

I don't care that they've had foreign names, bring $h! back to AMERICA! Why NOT bring names back to America? Is there any other form of naming that could/would represent America?

New York

LA(Los Angeles)

Chicago

Detroit

Dallas

Houston

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

St. Louis

Atlanta

Gotta pass on the city naming thing, after all we are trying to build and sell a global brand. We need more global planet wide names.

You can see it now, I drive a Cadillac Dallas North Side Edition!  :bowl:  Rollin  :bowl:  Rollin  :bowl:

dang.. lol

Why does it have to be global names just because the brand is global? It's an American iconic brand.

I mean if that is the case we could go with globally powerful cities but that just seems awkward..

Ohhhh well, just an idea that I thought was actually awesome. Apparently not so much.. lol

Awwww dang.. lol

I actually thought I had a good idea goin for them. I didn't think about the sports teams. I just thought it was good because it was 100% American and had some actual value behind it other than a random name or just another old name being reused.

I don't care that they've had foreign names, bring $h! back to AMERICA! Why NOT bring names back to America? Is there any other form of naming that could/would represent America?

New York

LA(Los Angeles)

Chicago

Detroit

Dallas

Houston

Pittsburgh

New Orleans

St. Louis

Atlanta

dang.. lol

Why does it have to be global names just because the brand is global? It's an American iconic brand.

I mean if that is the case we could go with globally powerful cities but that just seems awkward..

Ohhhh well, just an idea that I thought was actually awesome. Apparently not so much.. lol

Howe about the 7 wonders of the world labels? We could cover some awesome places with proper names that would be global and let the auto's speak their American roots as is.

Come up with a series of Cars, SUVs and Trucks based on Iconic places around the world. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      The U.S. Patent and and Trademark Office (USPTO) sometimes provides some clues as to what automakers have possibly in the works. Case in point are a set of drawings depicting a new coupe for Cadillac.
      General Motors filed the patent for a “vehicle body exterior” on February 14th, 2017. The patent was approved by the USPTO earlier this week.
      The drawings reveal a fair amount of influence from the Escala. Up front resides a trapezoidal grille and a set of slim headlights. Along the side profile, the design shares the Escala's low-slung roof and creases. The back features a trunk lid with chiseling near the taillights.
      What could this patent be hinting at?
      Cadillac Society believes this could be the coupe variant for the upcoming CT5. CarScoops thinks it could be a concept of some sort, pointing out the side-view cameras. Possible electric/plug-in hybrid coupe We'll keep you posted if anything new comes to light on this possible new coupe.
      Source: Cadillac Society, CarScoops
      Thanks to @balthazar for the news tip

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The U.S. Patent and and Trademark Office (USPTO) sometimes provides some clues as to what automakers have possibly in the works. Case in point are a set of drawings depicting a new coupe for Cadillac.
      General Motors filed the patent for a “vehicle body exterior” on February 14th, 2017. The patent was approved by the USPTO earlier this week.
      The drawings reveal a fair amount of influence from the Escala. Up front resides a trapezoidal grille and a set of slim headlights. Along the side profile, the design shares the Escala's low-slung roof and creases. The back features a trunk lid with chiseling near the taillights.
      What could this patent be hinting at?
      Cadillac Society believes this could be the coupe variant for the upcoming CT5. CarScoops thinks it could be a concept of some sort, pointing out the side-view cameras. Possible electric/plug-in hybrid coupe We'll keep you posted if anything new comes to light on this possible new coupe.
      Source: Cadillac Society, CarScoops
      Thanks to @balthazar for the news tip
    • By ccap41
      Well, pretty simple, who wore it better?  

• By William Maley
      Since the launch of Super Cruise on the 2018 Cadillac CT6, General Motors executives said the technology would expand to other brands. But they didn't give a timeframe as to when.
      Today at the Intelligent Transportation Society of America conference in Detroit, GM product chief Mark Reuss said Super Cruise would begin rolling out to Buick, Chevrolet, and GMC models after 2020. This will follow Cadillac's expansion of the technology to other models beginning in 2020.
      Super Cruise is "a feature that customers routinely come into dealerships asking about, shopping for, and specifically ordering," said Reuss in a speech.
      "Making it available in every Cadillac on the showroom floor just makes sense."
      GM also announced plans to introduce vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications in a high-volume Cadillac crossover by 2023. This technology will allow the vehicle to communicate with everything from infrastructure to a person's smart phone to get information on construction, traffic lights, and other road hazards. This technology will expand to other Cadillac models in the future.
      Source: The Detroit News, Cadillac

Cadillac to Expand Super Cruise Across Entire Lineup
      Super Cruise to roll out to other GM brands V2X communication debuts in Cadillac crossover in 2023 New York — Cadillac plans to expand the rollout of Super CruiseTM, the world’s first true hands-free driver assistance feature for the freeway. Super Cruise will be available on all Cadillac models, with the rollout beginning in 2020. After 2020, Super Cruise will make its introduction in other General Motors brands. Cadillac also plans to offer V2X communications in a high-volume crossover by 2023 and eventually expand the technology across Cadillac’s portfolio. Mark Reuss, GM executive vice president of Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain, announced these plans at the Intelligent Transportation Society’s annual conference in Detroit Wednesday.
      “The expansion of Super Cruise and V2X communications technology demonstrates Cadillac’s commitment to innovation, and to making customers’ lives better,” Reuss said. “GM is just as committed to ushering in a new era of personal transportation, and technologies like these will enable it.”
      Reuss’ comments reaffirm GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra’s pledge in her keynote address at the 2014 ITS World Congress, where she announced Cadillac would begin offering advanced intelligent and connected technology in its vehicles.
      “Cadillac is proud to be the leader for the company’s innovation,” said Steve Carlisle, Cadillac president. “Groundbreaking technologies like these continue to provide unparalleled comfort and convenience for our customers.”
      The Super Cruise driver assistance feature is made possible by precision LiDAR map data, high precision GPS, a state-of-the-art driver attention system and a network of camera and radar sensors. It requires an active OnStar service plan with emergency services to function. Customers can drive hands-free on more than 130,000 miles of limited-access freeways in the U.S. and Canada. The driver attention system helps to keep drivers engaged and detects when drivers need to pay more attention to the road. Even while using Super Cruise, drivers must always pay attention and not use a handheld device.
      Cadillac introduced vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communications on the CTS sedan in 2017, which uses Dedicated Short-Range Communications (DSRC) technology. Using the Basic Safety Message as a base, V2V can be extended to the roadway infrastructure and other roadway users (e.g., cyclists, pedestrians, etc.) establishing a V2X ecosystem. Using V2X, compatible vehicles can be notified of hazardous road conditions, traffic light statuses, changing work zones and more. With a range of nearly 1,000 feet, drivers can be alerted to possible threats in time to avoid a crash.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Since the launch of Super Cruise on the 2018 Cadillac CT6, General Motors executives said the technology would expand to other brands. But they didn't give a timeframe as to when.
      Today at the Intelligent Transportation Society of America conference in Detroit, GM product chief Mark Reuss said Super Cruise would begin rolling out to Buick, Chevrolet, and GMC models after 2020. This will follow Cadillac's expansion of the technology to other models beginning in 2020.
      Super Cruise is "a feature that customers routinely come into dealerships asking about, shopping for, and specifically ordering," said Reuss in a speech.
      "Making it available in every Cadillac on the showroom floor just makes sense."
      GM also announced plans to introduce vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications in a high-volume Cadillac crossover by 2023. This technology will allow the vehicle to communicate with everything from infrastructure to a person's smart phone to get information on construction, traffic lights, and other road hazards. This technology will expand to other Cadillac models in the future.
      Source: The Detroit News, Cadillac

Cadillac to Expand Super Cruise Across Entire Lineup
      Super Cruise to roll out to other GM brands V2X communication debuts in Cadillac crossover in 2023 New York — Cadillac plans to expand the rollout of Super CruiseTM, the world’s first true hands-free driver assistance feature for the freeway. Super Cruise will be available on all Cadillac models, with the rollout beginning in 2020. After 2020, Super Cruise will make its introduction in other General Motors brands. Cadillac also plans to offer V2X communications in a high-volume crossover by 2023 and eventually expand the technology across Cadillac’s portfolio. Mark Reuss, GM executive vice president of Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain, announced these plans at the Intelligent Transportation Society’s annual conference in Detroit Wednesday.
      “The expansion of Super Cruise and V2X communications technology demonstrates Cadillac’s commitment to innovation, and to making customers’ lives better,” Reuss said. “GM is just as committed to ushering in a new era of personal transportation, and technologies like these will enable it.”
      Reuss’ comments reaffirm GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra’s pledge in her keynote address at the 2014 ITS World Congress, where she announced Cadillac would begin offering advanced intelligent and connected technology in its vehicles.
      “Cadillac is proud to be the leader for the company’s innovation,” said Steve Carlisle, Cadillac president. “Groundbreaking technologies like these continue to provide unparalleled comfort and convenience for our customers.”
      The Super Cruise driver assistance feature is made possible by precision LiDAR map data, high precision GPS, a state-of-the-art driver attention system and a network of camera and radar sensors. It requires an active OnStar service plan with emergency services to function. Customers can drive hands-free on more than 130,000 miles of limited-access freeways in the U.S. and Canada. The driver attention system helps to keep drivers engaged and detects when drivers need to pay more attention to the road. Even while using Super Cruise, drivers must always pay attention and not use a handheld device.
      Cadillac introduced vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communications on the CTS sedan in 2017, which uses Dedicated Short-Range Communications (DSRC) technology. Using the Basic Safety Message as a base, V2V can be extended to the roadway infrastructure and other roadway users (e.g., cyclists, pedestrians, etc.) establishing a V2X ecosystem. Using V2X, compatible vehicles can be notified of hazardous road conditions, traffic light statuses, changing work zones and more. With a range of nearly 1,000 feet, drivers can be alerted to possible threats in time to avoid a crash.
  • My Clubs