upgrade

Over all the forum topics are fine, what I am not a fan of is this whole timeline thing that my kids say is a take on Facebook, which I HATE with a passion. I see no value from a business standpoint nor any value from a personal standpoint on the terrible FACEBOOK product. Have no account there and never will. 

You want to share pictures with family keep them updated, plenty of superior products based on the cloud that allows you to share and keep informed without all the crap of Facebook or giving them ownership of your postings and dealing with their ad's.

I invite everyone to post screen captures of what they do not like so Drew can then respond and let us know if he can tweak anything.

The timeline is just :puke: I liked the old listing of stories / postings that was much cleaner and easier to read and find. Now I have to scroll down a huge time line that is just not that great on top of being overly busy to the eye's.

Any chance of returning that part to a better listing? I just do not get the time line thing, it is not efficient to me. The old listing always listed the current stuff from top down, so why do we need to know if something was posted in the last hour, day, week, month? Plus there sure is a ton of wasted space on the right even when in the stories, I have that big white area.

postings.jpg

• Agree 1

• Agreed on 'past hour' - I don't see any point.
• On the far left, we have a word balloon icon, in a circle, connected vertically with a line. Then the white topic box has a pointer pointing at said word balloon circle. Right next to that is a icon version of the O/P's avatar. It's busy, IMO. 

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:58 PM, dfelt said:

Over all the forum topics are fine, what I am not a fan of is this whole timeline thing that my kids say is a take on Facebook, which I HATE with a passion. I see no value from a business standpoint nor any value from a personal standpoint on the terrible FACEBOOK product. Have no account there and never will. 

You want to share pictures with family keep them updated, plenty of superior products based on the cloud that allows you to share and keep informed without all the crap of Facebook or giving them ownership of your postings and dealing with their ad's.

I invite everyone to post screen captures of what they do not like so Drew can then respond and let us know if he can tweak anything.

The timeline is just :puke: I liked the old listing of stories / postings that was much cleaner and easier to read and find. Now I have to scroll down a huge time line that is just not that great on top of being overly busy to the eye's.

Any chance of returning that part to a better listing? I just do not get the time line thing, it is not efficient to me. The old listing always listed the current stuff from top down, so why do we need to know if something was posted in the last hour, day, week, month? Plus there sure is a ton of wasted space on the right even when in the stories, I have that big white area.

postings.jpg

This is the only thing I'm not a huge fan of. But it is customizable. When it first started up I didn't really like it much either as it does seem really busy. But I think part of that is so you can read a little of what the most recent post was in the unread thread..but I don't think that is necessary.

Haven't yet found the 'sweet tweak' on my end yet...

- - - - -
Just some observations/questions :

1234.jpg

Why in the above limited viewing area is 'Industry News' repeated 3 times?
Why is the thread title repeated twice?
Why is the interval since the last post was made shown twice?
Why is mention of 'positive reputation' pertinent outside the thread itself?

Perhaps this shows up quite differently on phone screens, IDK.
Like I stated before (and after this I'll shut up about it); it's visually overly busy.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

As mentioned, unread content can be customized to your preference.

Interesting observation, the right side seems to stay static in size be it in Landscape mode or Portrait mode. It really eats up a ton of space on the monitor.

Landscape Mode on Chrome#1-Landscape View.jpg

Portrait Mode on Chrome

#1-Portrait View.jpg

5 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That's called responsive design.  If you look at it on a mobile device, the right column goes away and falls in line under the main news feed. 

That my friend is an interesting Response of coding. Guess they felt smartphones design was more important than normal web page design. Do not like it but I understand it now that you pointed it out that way.

Thanks Drew! :)

@Drew Dowdell

Drew, quick question, is the lines I am seeing on our web pages normal? I almost always view C&G in Portrait mode and am always seeing these weird lines as circled below on the screen capture.

Page lines.jpg

18 hours ago, dfelt said:

@Drew Dowdell

Drew, quick question, is the lines I am seeing on our web pages normal? I almost always view C&G in Portrait mode and am always seeing these weird lines as circled below on the screen capture.

Page lines.jpg

Weird, I never noticed that until now. THANKS! (sarcasm because it's now distracting!)

Just now, ccap41 said:

@Drew Dowdell "This topic will be closed to further replies as an article version has been created. you can copy/paste your comments into that one once it is published."

This is a prime example of what I think @dfelt and I have been talking about.

What's that?  Dfelt wanted his article in the article system rather than a forum post.  So he had to recreate it. 

8 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

On the timeline there are multiple lines of the same "thread title". I thought I've changed my "stream" to not show things like that. Also, kind of a side question, how do I delete or edit a custom stream?

CheersNGears Snip.PNG

In that case, it's because there really were 3 nearly identical copies of that article as DFelt and I tried to convert it from a forum post into an article.