Phone died, need suggestions

So I was using a piece of junk phone - Samsung Nexus S model i9020 and now it is bricked. I have no idea why. Turning it on is fruitless, the screen does not turn on, and the phone gets hot - perhaps replacing the battery might be worth checking out just for the **** of it, and the saving me a whole lot of time and dough. Also tried the good ol' forced boot with power button and volume up. No go.

So in the meantime, I am using in lieu of that an even more piece of junk phone - a flip job - (hehe he said "flip job") a Samsung C-414W.

So some handy dandy notes to frame your suggestions to me

- I don't really have a penchant need for using data all the time and syncing all my social media on one device all the time everyday. I use wi-fi tactics, no data plan for me, because el cheapo.

- I don't play Call of Pokemans, Infinite Battlefields Ghost Warfare.

- I just need something rather durable, affordable (who buys a phone every other year anyways), preferably with something known for excellent call reception and quality - so if it has another noise cancelling mic, very nice.

- No need for phablet, but if it EcoBoost's the value of my wallet by acquiring a better, larger device for more value than a smaller, shittier device, I'm all for it.

- I prefer to buy phone unlocked, outright, out of contract.

So, I haven't bought a phone in a long time. Long TIME. The Nexus was kind of a gift, but it was used at the time. Previously before I had splurged on a Crackberry, and it died out of warranty, and so did my Patriotism to  yet another failed Canadian Tech company.

What's the name of the Moto's?

6P in Canada is still $699 outright. Fat chance on getting that, when the OP3 is $519.

Secretly, I know that's the only device that is amazing enough for me to stomach the price, because the value is over-keeeeeer, but c'mon this is a debate. A discussion. A great deal more needs to be learneded. yes, learned-did.

It sounds like you maybe want to buy an unlocked phone off Ebay instead of buying new. 

The Moto-Z is what I was referring to above. The different attachments you can get for it are something I've wanted in a phone for a while.  I **love** the idea of the camera attachment that has a real zoom lense. 

Carousel-Image-Desktop-2x-Magnets-US-91216-D-Q7MFUmh2gd.png

I love my Samsung notes, never had problem with them either under a cell phone vendor or if it was cracked. Phones just work.

You can pick up a Note3, 4 or 5 pretty cheap on Amazon,

Here is their unlocked listing of cell phones. 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=unlocked+cell+phones&sprefix=cell+phones%2Caps%2C293

Amazing how cheap some of these unlocked new and refurbished certified phones are.

10 hours ago, bigpoolog said:

Top Tier: Nexus 5X

Mid Tier: Moto G (Newest Model)

Shit Tier: Samsung

Why do you think Samsung is Shit Tier?

14 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It sounds like you maybe want to buy an unlocked phone off Ebay instead of buying new. 

The Moto-Z is what I was referring to above. The different attachments you can get for it are something I've wanted in a phone for a while.  I **love** the idea of the camera attachment that has a real zoom lense. 

Carousel-Image-Desktop-2x-Magnets-US-91216-D-Q7MFUmh2gd.png

Cool, did not know they had this type of feature.

4 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Cool, did not know they had this type of feature.

It's brand new.  Other Moto-Z attachments are a mini-Projector, a big set of speakers, an additional battery that triples overall battery capacity... and if you don't want any of those or the camera and just want a slim phone, you put a thin back cover on it and use it like normal.  

I wish they had this sort of thing for the Nexus... or Pixel as future Google brand phones will now be called. 

Edited by Drew Dowdell

i just got a nexus 5x for ~$240 from Jet.com. waiting on my nano sim that should be in tomorrow and then retiring my nexus 5 from phone duty.

the 5x is very nice, but i still need to find some kind of case, then also find at least some QC2.0 chargers though i might just buy 3.0 for future readiness....