Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

MT Best Driver Car 2016

Frisky Dingo

AMG GTS is wildly over rated IMHO.

Jag is the most attractive car in the test.

BMW has continued to loose its way IMHO.

Astin Martin deserved twelfth, although I would have put the AMG at 11th.

Hate to say it, but I would honestly take the Camaro at 44 large over all of the other more expensive cars it beat in the comparison.

Mustang is also a gorgeous car, I would also take it over any of the exotics from 5-12 in the comparison...all damned day long. 

911 lived up to its reputation, test car was a hideous color-one wonders who green lighted that for production.

Mclaren-so a very expensive hyper car wins...love the first place car, but I would prefer the money in an investment fund and the Mustang or the Camaro in the garage.  And I am a damned import guy!

36 minutes ago, Stew said:

Makes me happy that the Viper, 1LE, and GT350R all put up great finishes. 

Ohhh absolutely.  Probably more reliable and more fun to drive as actual automobiles. i will gladly give foreign cars credit where credit is due, but our domestics are doing a fine job, really.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Can someone post the list, the link is blocked by my work. :(

12- Aston Martin V12 S Vantage

11- BMW M4 GTS

10- Nissan GT-R

9- Jaguar F Type SVR

8- Acura NSX

7- Audi R8 V10

6- Mercedes AMG GT S

5- Dodge Viper ACR

4- Camaro SS 1LE

3- Porsche 911 C2S 

2- Shelby GT350 R

1- McLaren 570S

4 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

12- Aston Martin V12 S Vantage

11- BMW M4 GTS

10- Nissan GT-R

9- Jaguar F Type SVR

8- Acura NSX

7- Audi R8 V10

6- Mercedes AMG GT S

5- Dodge Viper ACR

4- Camaro SS 1LE

3- Porsche 911 C2S 

2- Shelby GT350 R

1- McLaren 570S

Much appreciated, WOW :o that is amazing to see just how poorly the European and Asian labels did. It does prove America has gotten their act together in building better auto's.

My thoughts on this year's comp-

First off, it's very disappointing to see how many glaring omissions there are. I understand Ferrari and Lamborghini's decline, but where's the Grand Sport? GT3? Cayman 718? 911 R? M2? Focus RS? NISMO 370? 675 LT?

Just like C&D's LL, very impressive showing by the Americans. The M4 GTS, in particular, is a joke. Yep, I said it. Jag is still too unruly, and overweight. NSX is rolling simulator. Nissan still can't get the GT-R right. So many cars that can barely match or, in some cases, can't, others that are a fraction of the cost.

One thing is for sure, there has never been a better time to be an enthusiast. When 45K Camaros put up lap times on par with 6 figure Europeans, you know this is truly the Golden Age of autodom.

The times are pretty amazing too:

2017 ASTON MARTIN V12 VANTAGE S - 01:41.77

2017 JAGUAR F-TYPE SVR - 01:38.75 

2017 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS (1LE) - 01:37.77

2016 BMW M4 GTS - 01:37.66

2017 NISSAN GT-R - 01:37.08

2017 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA S - 01:36.44

2017 ACURA NSX - 01:36.36

2016 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT350R - 01:36.11

2016 MERCEDES-AMG GT S - 01:35.30

2016 MCLAREN 570S - 01:34.58

2017 AUDI R8 V10 - 01:34.23

2016 DODGE VIPER ACR - 1:31.58

I think I read they would only let each manufacturer send 1 vehicle.  I can kind of see he point because 12 is already a pretty huge field for a comparison.  I do like the idea of having some of the less powerful cars have their own BDC type event and hey, gives us a second article to look forward to.