Anyone Watching HBO's Westworld??

Been watching here, yes.
Interesting..., at this point I'm basically done with TWD and prefer this.
It hasn't completely pulled me in, some of the characters are distracting IMO (Dolores), other actors I usually find quite enjoyable to watch (Harris, Newton, Hopkins).

I'm NOT a big TV viewer at all, tho.

7 hours ago, Suaviloquent said:

NOPE and I'm a scrub who can't afford HBO.

Actually it's because the cable is included, I have no say over whatever garbage we get on the idiot box.

We watch very little TV.  Actually, I have never turned mine on....I have a state electrical license as a master electrician....I may be the only Master electrician who couldn't tell you how to turn on his TV set on the planet...

And I am passing no judgement on people who watch TV.  I used to really love Fiction, but a few years ago something snapped in my mind and I have been unable to enjoy fiction of almost any sort (books, movies, drama, stories by the camp fire) since then.  Buggers me that I cannot figure out what changed.

Did go and see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and enjoyed that. maybe I will try some fantasy.

2 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

My family (kids included) watch very, very little TV. My wife and I have 2-3 series we follow- TWD, Ray Donovan, Westworld- and then a few on Netflix, mostly nature shows and history documentaries and the like. We don;t watch any reality TV, media, etc, etc.

Sounds like you have a very healthy and close family....cool!

I am not watching it.. what's it about? I am the opposite of you guys in the sense that I watch a ton of TV/Netflix/HBOGo as I have a 40 minute bus ride twice a day that has wifi.. It's pretty easy for me to go through a series like that.

1 minute ago, Frisky Dingo said:

My girls are more into games. They love Minecraft, which I feel is harmless enough. And they play video games with me. Gran Turismo and Super Smash Bros, mostly.

..Gran Turismo..? PS3, right? I hardly ever play anymore as I don't really have the time but we should swap PS names and play together some time!

4 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

My girls are more into games. They love Minecraft, which I feel is harmless enough. And they play video games with me. Gran Turismo and Super Smash Bros, mostly.

How old are your girls....mine are 15, 20, and 26.  I also have an 18 year old son and a 23 year old son.

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I am not watching it.. what's it about? I am the opposite of you guys in the sense that I watch a ton of TV/Netflix/HBOGo as I have a 40 minute bus ride twice a day that has wifi.. It's pretty easy for me to go through a series like that.

..Gran Turismo..? PS3, right? I hardly ever play anymore as I don't really have the time but we should swap PS names and play together some time!

It's about a circa late 19th century world- like the old Wild West- created by Anthony Hopkins that is populated by hosts- in this case, human-like robots. The hosts all have their own narratives and story lines and interact with one another and the human guests. They are essentially there for amusement and entertainment of guests. They cannot hurt the guests, but can and do harm/kill one another. The park was created as a creative outlet and experiment for Hopkins and his (now dead) partner. Over time, corporate involvement came about for the capital investment.

The story follows a variety of characters- both hosts and humans- through their own stories of awakening, self-discovery, etc. It's very thought provoking and deep. The characters are really top notch, and the scenes are beautifully created and played out. It's a brilliant show. Easily one of the best fictional series I've come across. I highly recommend it.

I have 2 PS3 profiles. One handle is N54_driver, the other is PRTTYhateMACHN

Just now, Frisky Dingo said:

It's about a circa late 19th century world- like the old Wild West- created by Anthony Hopkins that is populated by hosts- in this case, human-like robots. The hosts all have their own narratives and story lines and interact with one another and the human guests. They are essentially there for amusement and entertainment of guests. They cannot hurt the guests, but can and do harm/kill one another. The park was created as a creative outlet and experiment for Hopkins and his (now dead) partner. Over time, corporate involvement came about for the capital investment.

The story follows a variety of characters- both hosts and humans- through their own stories of awakening, self-discovery, etc. It's very thought provoking and deep. The characters are really top notch, and the scenes are beautifully created and played out. It's a brilliant show. Easily one of the best fictional series I've come across. I highly recommend it.

I have 2 PS3 profiles. One handle is N54_driver, the other is PRTTYhateMACHN

I will have to check out the series at some point, it sounds really interesting!

2 hours ago, GMTruckGuy74 said:

I'm watching it, since the first episode premiered. The first 4-5 episodes were a little slow for me, but the last couple really picked up the pace. I'm not much of a TV watcher myself, but I do enjoy WW.  

Yeah, it took about 4 episodes for me to really get into it. Then about 2-3 more and I was hooked.