Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2018 Ford Mustang Leaked

Not sure what it is about this car but I also get it from the Camero, but Meh!

Maybe it is my age and place in my life that these just do not do anything much for me any longer.

Barely anything has changed. It even looks a tad more cleaner than the previous model, in my opinion.

I still prefer this over the Camaro.

A base Alpha platform Camaro drove up to the drive-thru window the other day. Man-o-man I hate the looks of that car. Up close like that and it frightened me. :scared:

A week ago or so, the same client with his all black Challenger R/T drove up to the drive-thru and I was like :wub:

Edited by oldshurst442

Im sure the wing is optional equipment , or at the very least have a wing delete option.

The yellow (in reality body colour)air diffuser is no longer body colour but black.

I actually do prefer it body colour, but lets be honest, having it body colour is boy racerish. It being black makes it more mature back there.

OK, the front end.

I dont see a difference in headlights, positioning of said headlights. To me, the look the same droopiness.

OK, its enhanced by the triangular housing for the LED strips rather than the squareish housing that houses the vanity lights that want to pass off as fog lights...

I dont personally have a problem with that triangle versus the square. Combine that with the narrower air vent and its less black plastic I have to see in the front. Its bad enough there is a ton of black plastic in the back.

Like I said, I do prefer the air diffusers in body colour, but the car does look more mature although more plasticky this way...

You know what wrecks today's car styling as opposed to how cars were detailed back in the day?Image result for 1967 ford mustang bumper

Image result for chrome vette  bumpers

Image result for 1970 chevy camaro split bumper

Those skinny chromed bumpers.

It separates the hood from the grille from the air vents on the bottom.

In the back, it details and finishes off the over all presentation.

The 2018 Mustang just highlights automotive styling problems of the modern era...

587e4b25909dd_2018FordMustang.thumb.jpg.4836afa4b8a57d6b24d1fee8707d8be8.jpg

I know of another person that doesn't like this new front nose. The common complaint: it makes the nose look droopy...

I don't see that at all...

From this angle...this looks HOT to me!!!

In my line of work...we say...we cant please everyone.

Edited by oldshurst442

Just imagine a tourqey EV or Hybrid version! :P

I see the Future of them having a 4 and 8 banger and then an EV or Hybrid as the power lineup.

Thinking on this, eventually the V8 will probably be replaced with a Turbo V6 due to stupid taxation on engine size around the world.

26 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Just imagine a tourqey EV or Hybrid version! :P

I see the Future of them having a 4 and 8 banger and then an EV or Hybrid as the power lineup.

Thinking on this, eventually the V8 will probably be replaced with a Turbo V6 due to stupid taxation on engine size around the world.

Well 2020(I think that's the next gen, right?) will be bringing a hybrid to the table! I REALLY hope that they do that with performance in mind rather then efficiency. I know it will be more efficient but I wan it all performance oriented!

• Agree 1

As far as pony car powertrains go, Im conflicted....

Like CCAP, I want a Mustang and a Camaro to have TTV6s...

I also want them to have 350-400 horsepower Turbo 4 cylinder engines too.

And of course...a V8!

Plus....eventually, all those to give way to 100% pure electric power.

But...I know that what Frisky is suggesting is true.

I know that if a TTV6 is offered, kiss the V8 option good-bye.

Some millennialz are not loyal to V8 power at all. Some are brought up on Playstation Grand Turismo/Fast and the Furious TTV6 Skylines and Supras.

Some millennialz simply dont give a shyte about V8s and view them as old and out dated.

Some millennialz have that idea on the internal combustion engine on the whole.

Even old fogeys like myself are starting to not give a shyte about a V8 Mustang and a V8 Camaro...if a 350-400 horspower 4 banger exists or a TTV6 with that much power, WTF do I need a 500 V8 horsepower motor for?

I am truly conflicted in 2017 regarding this...(one thing I am not confused about and damned sure excited about is an all 100% electric affordable muscle car. A Buick Electra GSX sounds good to me!!!)

Edited by oldshurst442

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I am truly conflicted in 2017 regarding this...(one thing I am not confused about and damned sure excited about is an all 100% electric affordable muscle car. A Buick Electra GSX sounds good to me!!!)

Yea, that would rock! :metal: 

Put this electric racing motor in it. 420HP 560 Lb Ft reving to 10K RPM from AM Racing. Total weight 180lbs.

Details

am-racing-amr-dual-stack-250-90-ac-motor-liquid-cooled-permanent-magnet-remy.jpg

am-racing-amr-dual-stack-250-90-ac-motor-liquid-cooled-permanent-magnet-remy-1.jpg