William Maley

Jaguar News: Rumorpile: Jaguar XE SVR Could Boast 500 Horsepower

6 posts in this topic

William Maley    405

A new report from Auto Express says Jaguar's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) is putting the finishing touches on high-performance XE to take on the likes of the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, BMW M3, and Mercedes-AMG C63.

The XE SVR will boast Jaguar's 5.0L supercharged V8 engine with around 500 horsepower. This will be hooked up with an eight-speed automatic. The current SVR lineup - F-Type and Range Rover Sport - utilize all-wheel drive and there is the possibility the XE SVR could go down this route. There has also been some work done on the chassis with new springs, dampers, and a limited-slip rear differential. Expect a more aggressive exterior look to go with the mechanical changes. 

Auto Express says the XE SVR "will arrive almost halfway through the saloon’s lifecycle," leading us to believe it could be next year or so.

Source: Auto Express

View full article

ccap41    1,224

I know the standard "compact" and "mid size" sedans are competitive and all but this performance luxury category has grown to be the most competitive class of cars, imo.

C63, M3/4, RS4/5, XE SRV, Guiia Quatrawords, IS F, ATS-V, and even Infiniti's Q60 Red Sport 400 is a pretty badass car on the lower end of the spectrum.

dfelt    1,865

Makes one wonder how much we depreciate it also based on how much is leased by people wanting to pose as being wealthy. Leasing I believe while having it's clear business points also tends to exaggerate the market of so called buyers.

smk4565    351

A good addition to a growing segment.  This car should be pretty good, even though it often gets overlooked.  I bet they put that engine in the F-Pace also to compete with the Macan and AMG GLC models.

On 2/17/2017 at 2:16 PM, ccap41 said:

I know the standard "compact" and "mid size" sedans are competitive and all but this performance luxury category has grown to be the most competitive class of cars, imo.

C63, M3/4, RS4/5, XE SRV, Guiia Quatrawords, IS F, ATS-V, and even Infiniti's Q60 Red Sport 400 is a pretty badass car on the lower end of the spectrum.

Totally agree. This is becoming an extremely competitive class and gives buyers some great cars in the process.

• Upvote 1

Suaviloquent    713

OHHHHHHH....

Looks like the Giulia Quad has some epic competition coming from Jaguar. If you want the Giulia, just get a Jag XE SVR and the 5 year Jaguar complete care thing. Well, if they extend that service package to the hi-po variants.

With the Giulia Quad you get the Giulia, the car, the sexy tomato but nothing else. With this you get a nice comfort warranty for your British cat-tomato. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      If there is one thing that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is consistent on, it is their ability to change their future plans on a whim and cause us to scratch our heads. Case in point, Automotive News has learned that FCA has ditched plans on moving the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger/Challenger to the Giorgio platform - what underpins the Alfa Romeo Giulia. Instead, all of the models will get will one more refresh in 2019 that will cut weight and boost fuel economy. There is also talk about the 300 getting the option of the Hellcat V8 because FCA thinks we don't have enough vehicles with it?!
      In 2021, the Charger and Challenger will be (finally) redesigned. They'll be based on the platform the underpins the Maserati Ghibli. There is no mention about the 300 moving to this platform, possibly hinting that the 300 will be shown the door - something we reported on back in November.
      Will there be any Chrysler or Dodge model that will use the Giorgio platform? Yes and that will be the next-generation Journey that is possibly arriving in 2019.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), 2

View full article
    • By William Maley
      If there is one thing that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is consistent on, it is their ability to change their future plans on a whim and cause us to scratch our heads. Case in point, Automotive News has learned that FCA has ditched plans on moving the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger/Challenger to the Giorgio platform - what underpins the Alfa Romeo Giulia. Instead, all of the models will get will one more refresh in 2019 that will cut weight and boost fuel economy. There is also talk about the 300 getting the option of the Hellcat V8 because FCA thinks we don't have enough vehicles with it?!
      In 2021, the Charger and Challenger will be (finally) redesigned. They'll be based on the platform the underpins the Maserati Ghibli. There is no mention about the 300 moving to this platform, possibly hinting that the 300 will be shown the door - something we reported on back in November.
      Will there be any Chrysler or Dodge model that will use the Giorgio platform? Yes and that will be the next-generation Journey that is possibly arriving in 2019.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), 2

• By William Maley
      The next-generation Jeep Wrangler will see the return of a pickup body style. According to a new report, the truck will be wearing an iconic name, Scrambler.
      Jeep Scrambler Forum (sister site to JL Wrangler Forums) has learned from sources that Jeep has picked the name last seen on the CJ-8 from the 1980's. They also obtained some CAD files showing an alleged frame and axles for the Scrambler. The drawing shows the Scrambler and Wrangler Unlimted frames. Compared to the Unlimted, the Scrambler looks quite different with a different arrangement of bars and bracing towards the back. It is also longer, about 33 inches according to the forum.
      As for engines, the Scrambler will have the 3.0L turbodiesel V6 with start-stop according to a dealer system computer. The turbo 2.0L and 3.6L V6 aren't listed, but this is most likely due to FCA building out their system.
      One interesting tidbit is the Scrambler will have a removable top. The dealer system reveals there will be two hardtop and a softtop.
      Source: Jeep Scrambler Forum

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The next-generation Jeep Wrangler will see the return of a pickup body style. According to a new report, the truck will be wearing an iconic name, Scrambler.
      Jeep Scrambler Forum (sister site to JL Wrangler Forums) has learned from sources that Jeep has picked the name last seen on the CJ-8 from the 1980's. They also obtained some CAD files showing an alleged frame and axles for the Scrambler. The drawing shows the Scrambler and Wrangler Unlimted frames. Compared to the Unlimted, the Scrambler looks quite different with a different arrangement of bars and bracing towards the back. It is also longer, about 33 inches according to the forum.
      As for engines, the Scrambler will have the 3.0L turbodiesel V6 with start-stop according to a dealer system computer. The turbo 2.0L and 3.6L V6 aren't listed, but this is most likely due to FCA building out their system.
      One interesting tidbit is the Scrambler will have a removable top. The dealer system reveals there will be two hardtop and a softtop.
      Source: Jeep Scrambler Forum
    • By William Maley
      Volkswagen has shown three different I.D. concepts - I.D. hatchback, I.D. Buzz, and the I.D. Crozz. We know that Volkswagen is working on making the hatchback production ready by 2020 and the Buzz has been given the green light. What about the Crozz? According to a report from Autoblog, the Crozz will follow the hatchback in production - arriving in either late 2020 or 2021 - and will be the first I.D. model to arrive on our shores.
      The I.D. Crozz which made its debut earlier this year at the Shanghai Motor Show is Volkswagen's vision of an electric crossover. Using Volkswagen's MEB platform, the I.D. Crozz produces 302 horsepower from two electric motors. On-demand all-wheel drive is done through single-speed, fixed-ratio gearboxes fitted between each electric motor and its respective axle.
      Volkswagen's decision on sending the I.D. Crozz to the U.S. first makes a lot of sense as buyers are crossover hungry.
      The two sources also dropped some information on the I.D. Buzz which conflicts with earlier reports. First, the sources said the Buzz been confirmed for production - the opposite of what reported back in June where Volkswagen's Herbert Diess slyly dropped that it would go into production. If approved, the model would likely go into production in 2025.
      We recommend checking out Autoblog's report as there are more details on what to possibly expect with the Crozz.
      Source: Autoblog

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online