Ultimate Dream Garage: Highly Modified Edition

Okay, got a new one of these that will hopefully see more players than the LeMans one. The concept is simple. You will choose NEW vehicles to serve as the basis for a very heavy build. We usually pick vehicles we think are pretty much spot-on in stock form, but this one gives you the opportunity to maybe pick something that you feel is missing from the OEM. 

Rules-

1) Vehicles must be brand new 2017 or 2018 MY, with all specs, photos, and details released. So no '18 Wranglers.

2) Maximum of 5 vehicles.

3) Any market is allowed.

4) All of your choices must be heavily modified. I shouldn't have to tell you what this means. Bolt-ons and wheels is not heavily modified. An engine swap, a widebody kit, a conversion, etc, etc is. The sky is really the limit here, so have a ball.

5) These are your only vehicles.

6) Lastly, your vehicles must be able to be driven on the street. That doesn't mean they need to be street legal. Just that you could get away with taking them out and not causing a scene. 

Edited by Frisky Dingo

Vehicle -#1 is obviously Miata...

Vehicle #2 would be a Golf R with every APR tune and every other modification i could throw at it and still keep the car somewhat drivable.

Vehicle #3 would be a full size GMC dually with every performance upgrade I could throw at it and keep it street driveable...tow vehicle...

Vehicle #4 would be a BMW M2 built as a track car...full cage, gutted interior....

https://gts.nasaseries.com/

image.png

This is the series I would be running it in...

Vehicle #5 is a fully enclosed trailer to go behind the GMC Dually...with a customized sleeping quarters and work bench for my weekends at the track...radically customized to make it jsut what I want on the inside...

• Agree 1

1. Miata as well, maybe will put LS3 in it like Flying MIata did

2016_mazda_mx-5_miata_club_convertible-p

ND_roadside.jpg

2. RX7

31939380004_large.jpg

3. Mustang GT

MOTM-NightParades-2017-Mustang-GT-657x36

4. Wrangler

rQ_640.jpg

5. GAZ-66, new diesel engine, living quarters in the box, solar panels on the roof, update cabin - perfect overland/camper

26b956ce052f8485181bc9ccb32360ac.jpg

And I just realized I broke the rule that it has to be a new vehcle :)

Edited by ykX
  • Agree 1

Instead of GAZ-66 Land Cruiser diesel modified for overland/camping

371b8b1b9314f8b638d1562557d4025a.jpg

Instead of RX7 will pick modified Escalade, more power, better handling, upgraded interior, blacked out chrome

modified-Cadillac-Escalade-5.jpg

Edited by ykX
  • Agree 1

Really wanted to include a V8 swapped Miata in mine, but with it's inclusion in both posters so far, I will pass. In it's place for back road runs and track day events, I'd go with a new Cayman, with an RUF body kit, and swap in the 4.0 H6 from a wrecked GT3RS/R/.2 GT3-

47092d1398525913-ruf-3800s-driven-a7-jpg

I'd want something in my garage with an obscene amount of power for highway/runway fun, and I thought about a TT Z06, but decided to go with something even more outlandish. I'd do a new R8 w/ body kit modeled after the GT3 car, and an UGR turbo kit with a solid street setup in the low-1,000 whp range.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Love your garage, Frisky!

The Lexus is a solid choice, you know how I feel about the R...

And the Cayman is one of my favorite vehicles on the planet.

The Audi would be a bit much  for me to drive though...love the thought!

1. Id replicate this for my winter car.

Dodge-Challenger-GT-AWD-Concept-front-th

And what is that exactly?

It is 2015 SEMA's AWD 450HP 5.7liter HEMI Challenger.

Im not sure about the widebody kit if I want it or not, but Id start off with a 2017 Challenger T/A with the ram air hood and the 5.7 HEMI.

Dodge-Challenger_TA-2017-ig.jpg

Id retune it to at least hit 400-425HP...no need to go crazy, then Id take a wrecked 2015 or older Chrysler 300C AWD and rip that AWD hardware apart and sew it on my Challenger making my own AWD HEMI V8 Challenger.

2. Then Id take a 2017 Chrysler 300C Platinum

2017-chrysler-300c-platinum-front-quarte

Then Id buy this engine

hellcat11.jpg

And I replicate this

hood.jpg

but as a Chrysler 300...

Sweet-Dream-Chrysler-300-SRT-Hellcat-mai

dsc_5388.jpg

3. Id buy a Tesla Model S for a Daily Driver

Separate the body shell from its platform

2012-tesla-model-s_100336618_m.jpg

Then use the chassis with the suspension and battery pack

under-the-teslas-skin.jpg

to act like the ladder frame of my GM A-Body Muscle car where Id replace the Model S body shell for this Dynacorn body shell!

Sheet%20Metal_1248815028.jpg

and then try to re-skin it as an Oldsmobile Cutlass rather than a Chevelle, if possible, if not a Chevelle it shall be. Id have to cut and fit the Model S chassis a tad, only 4 inches length wise and Id have to find 1 inch wide wise, but its very doable...

home_chevelle.jpg

4. I have one 5.7 liter Hemi  V8 engine to work with from the 300 Hellcat I did when I took that engine out to swap it with the Hellcat engine...

So Id visit the FCA Dealership once more and Id buy a Fiat 124 Spyder...

There are some Miata V8 swaps already made...but with me....Id make my own Shelby Cobra/Viper (sans V10) with the Fiat 124 and a 5.7 liter Hemi with 375 HP/410 ft.lbs torque...

2017-Fiat-124-Spider-Elaborazione-Abarth

Thanx Frisky for the LC500 idea.

OK...Id buy the LC500

2017_lexus_lc500_coupe-HD.jpg

Then Id buy a LFA and remove all that is that glorious  V10....transmissions, engines, computers and wiring harnesses and electronic dash gauges and swap them into the LC 500

4062972559_eda1016787.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

Would be interesting to take a ATS-V, pull the body, shorten the wheelbase 8 inches and drop a Cimarron D'Oro body shell over it. Keep the black & gold, keep the ATS-V giant rims. Enough of a mod for you guys?

Add box flares and make it look like an eighties rally car...

2 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

@oldshurst442

Your list is awesome.

Ohhhhhhhhh I so appreciate his list.  Good thing cars on that list had a Trunk, so Ocnblu could hide oldshurst body after he saw that electrified Chevelle.

The cars aren't the only thing under the knife here...

• Thanks 1

Technically it aint an AUTHENTIC Chevelle/Cutlass/Lemans/Skylark (because I just might re-skin it as a Buick GS as it might be easier to do than Cutlass because I think Dynacorn stopped selling the skeleton shell and just sells the skinned Body Shell  Chevelle only and the Skylark looks more like a Chevelle) because its just a Dynacorn stamped body shell...Its not as if I will be gutting a real classic...

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Technically it aint an AUTHENTIC Chevelle/Cutlass/Lemans/Skylark (because I just might re-skin it as a Buick GS as it might be easier to do than Cutlass because I think Dynacorn stopped selling the skeleton shell and just sells the skinned Body Shell  Chevelle only and the Skylark looks more like a Chevelle) because its just a Dynacorn stamped body shell...Its not as if I will be gutting a real classic...

I remember when cars of that era littered salvage yards... sadly gone now...

Glad your dismembered body can type from the trunk of a car!

Really loved your list, agree with Dingo.