Faraday Future's FF91 really a Tesla X competitor, not Tesla S?

G. David Felt - Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.cheersandgears.com

Faraday Future's FF91 really a Tesla X competitor, not Tesla S?

FaradayFutureFF91-TeslaX-1.jpg

Story broke on electrek web site about the FF91 in a comparison to the Tesla X ev CUV. Facts of the matter is the FF91 seems to really be in size and shape more of a competitor to the Tesla X than the Tesla S which Faraday compared it to when they first revealed the EV.

Comparison Specs

Length

FF91 - 206.7" long

Tesla X - 198.3" long

Height

FF91 - 62" tall

Tesla X - 65" tall

Width - both are 89"

Battery Packs top end

FF91 - 130kWh with 378 mile range

Tesla X - 100kWh with 289 mile range

Horsepower

FF91 - 1050

Tesla X - 760

Faraday Future calls their FF91 a Tesla S killer, but clearly based on electrek story it is a Tesla X killer. Maybe we just say this is a Tesla Killer since Tesla clearly has nothing to compete with it.

Subjective as it is, Tesla wins for the cool Gullwing door factor, but other than that and being in production, clearly I have to give style props to the FF91 both the back and front and side look far better. Tesla is a very dated look and I think over the next 18 months as other OEM's come out with EV's Tesla shine will truly drop and be in need of serious polish if Musk does not address the dated look and overall need for an update on their products.

FaradayFutureFF91-TeslaX-2.jpg

FaradayFutureFF91-TeslaX-3.jpg

FaradayFutureFF91-TeslaX-4.jpg

FaradayFutureFF91-TeslaX-5.jpg

FaradayFutureFF91-TeslaX-6.jpg

8 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I saw that also this morning. Interesting concept, guess bad press if he fails to deliver is better than no press. Gutsy and interesting. I agree with the story that the area should have some sort of storage system to save power for high demand times.

We are in interesting times.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I saw that also this morning. Interesting concept, guess bad press if he fails to deliver is better than no press. Gutsy and interesting. I agree with the story that the area should have some sort of storage system to save power for high demand times.

We are in interesting times.

Indeed on interesting times...

23 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Will be interesting to see if Faraday is really there or just mockups and vaporware..interesting styling, kind of reminds me of something Citroen would build...

I think they are....

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Will be interesting to see if Faraday is really there or just mockups and vaporware..interesting styling, kind of reminds me of something Citroen would build...

They have a dozen beta auto's that are testing both here in the US and in Germany at the Nuremberg track. They are well funded and I truly see them having the first ones out by the end of 2018 first of 2019 as they have stated. They did break ground on their production assembly line in Arizona so I would expect them to be one of the new Supercar builders. They have clearly stated they will always be very high end with a starting price over 6 figures. I doubt they want to compete with GM, Ford, Toyota, etc.

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

They have a dozen beta auto's that are testing both here in the US and in Germany at the Nuremberg track. They are well funded and I truly see them having the first ones out by the end of 2018 first of 2019 as they have stated. They did break ground on their production assembly line in Arizona so I would expect them to be one of the new Supercar builders. They have clearly stated they will always be very high end with a starting price over 6 figures. I doubt they want to compete with GM, Ford, Toyota, etc.

Fascinating...didn't know that..just assumed they were another fake car maker like Elio and others..

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Fascinating...didn't know that..just assumed they were another fake car maker like Elio and others..

They are already taking reservations.

Check out their web site for more details about the assembly line, beta testing, etc.

https://www.ff.com/en/