Dream Car Garage- Newly Christened Edition

Okay, the last one didn't go over well. Maybe people didn't feel like they had enough to pick from. This one will rectify that. We will use new intro 2018 models this go-round, of which there are plenty!

Rules-

1) New cars only, must be CONFIRMED for 2018 MY. No 2019's, no 2017's, no upcoming models that aren't official yet.

2) Choices must be either ALL NEW or SIGNIFICANTLY updated. 

3) Maximum of 5 choices.

4) These are your only vehicles.

That's it!!

16 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

@ccap41

Nice list. I suppose I didn't require entire models that were all new. So I suppose I'll allow the GT C.

The Aston however, is going to be a 2019 model year. 

I've read both years and because it'll be selling in 2018 I went with it. 

If I had to change it I think it might be the Ferrari SuperFast to replace it without looking too much. 

15 hours ago, dfelt said:

2018 Escalade ESV

2018 CTS V

2018 Jeep TrailHawk

2018 Jeep TrackHawk

2018 Chevrolet BOLT

lol only one of those fits the criteria... The TrackHawk.

Edited by ccap41

11 minutes ago, frogger said:

The cars are supposed to be new or substantially updated for 2018.

These are all new auto's, but I see what your saying, New but totally redesigned from the prior year. How one reads the english is totally different than another.

In that case, there is nothing out there I would want or waste my time on.

22 minutes ago, dfelt said:

These are all new auto's, but I see what your saying, New but totally redesigned from the prior year. How one reads the english is totally different than another.

In that case, there is nothing out there I would want or waste my time on.

Huh?  The Bolt, ESV and CTS-v are unchanged from 2017.   The GC Trackhawk is a new trim level, but the Trailhawk is carried over from 2017.    

'New for 2018' I would understand would be new or redesigned models like the Regal Tour-X, Regal Sportback,  Navigator, etc...

Anyway, I need to put some thought into my own list. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I do find his list comical in the sense that everything gets 10mpg then there's a Bolt. 

Yup, gotta have the ultimate commuter CUV! :) 

13 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Yup, gotta have the ultimate commuter CUV! :) 

Because you're all about efficiency with that list, right? lol 

15 minutes ago, frogger said:

S8

G Wagen

911 GT2 RS

RS5

I-Pace

I think the G Wagen is in the same spot my Vantage was. I think it's a 2019 model year. If not, I want that on my list too! 

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I think the G Wagen is in the same spot my Vantage was. I think it's a 2019 model year. If not, I want that on my list too! 

You might be right, I would switch it out for a Navigator then.  Hoping the iPace unveiled later today is a 2018 as well, my "ultimate commuter CUV".

Edited by frogger

Ok...new or facelifted for 2018.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr--open air offroad fun

Lincoln Navigator Black Series (silver blue w/ lt blue interior)--luxury cruiser for road trips

Buick Regal Tour-X (comfy practical daily driver) 

Ford Mustang Bullitt--I still like green Mustangs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Ok...new or facelifted for 2018.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr--open air offroad fun

Lincoln Navigator Black Series (silver blue w/ lt blue interior)--luxury cruiser for road trips

Buick Regal Tour-X (comfy practical daily driver) 

Ford Mustang Bullitt--I still like green Mustangs

Where is the 5th auto? :unsure:

10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yup, as one that loves my auto's and does not really worry about MPG, I still like to get to work quickly and not deal with traffic. West coast allows single occupant EV's into the HOV lanes. As such, Ultimate Commuter car, Chevy BOLT! 

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Where is the 5th auto? :unsure:

Have to think some more..really couldn't come up with five that meet the criteria.  There are plenty that are carried over from previous years that I'd own, and maybe some of the upcoming 2019s, but not much for '18 that is really new or facelifted.. 

3 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Have to think some more..really couldn't come up with five that meet the criteria.  There are plenty that are carried over from previous years that I'd own, and maybe some of the upcoming 2019s, but not much for '18 that is really new or facelifted.. 

Can totally understand my friend! :yes:

22 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Got a 5th one---this could be fun---2018 Kia Stinger w/ the TTV6 in the bright blue. 

That was actually the first car that came to mind for me. Then I did a little Googling and thought there was no way I'd have that in a garage with all of these other new cars out right now. 

17 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That was actually the first car that came to mind for me. Then I did a little Googling and thought there was no way I'd have that in a garage with all of these other new cars out right now. 

I was trying to stay realistic on price and drivability and avoiding the exotic stuff...while the McLaren or Aston would be fun on a track, on potholed Ohio roads they would be a PITA...the Navigator would be a stretch but doable as a lease probably.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I was trying to stay realistic on price and drivability and avoiding the exotic stuff...while the McLaren or Aston would be fun on a track, on potholed Ohio roads they would be a PITA...the Navigator would be a stretch but doable as a lease probably.

Oh yeah, I kept my prices realistic for the one where I was buying the cars LOL. That's why it was littered with early 2000's cars! 

9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Oh yeah, I kept my prices realistic for the one where I was buying the cars LOL. That's why it was littered with early 2000's cars! 

Funny thing is for the more 'exotic' type cars, about the only ones that interest me are some of the 911s (which really aren't that exotic, I suppose) and the NSX...less likely to catch fire or be maintenance nightmares like the Italians or Brits.