Green car report was able to go to New Jersey and at Jaguars North America HQ get to drive the I-Pace and see what it is all about. I will say this is very exciting as they say it has the interior space of their full size XJ sedan. Good read.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1116036_2019-jaguar-i-pace-brief-first-drive-of-all-electric-luxury-crossover

• Like 1

Very cool Details on the build of the auto after a test drive. Very cool and worth the watch.

So the dimensions of the auto put it in compact size external but internal is a mid class for space.

Interesting listening to the 3rd part of the video where they discuss this not a real SUV/CUV and not a Car.

@balthazar I be interested to hear from you what you think of their style design leader has to say about the i-Pace. 14:46 is where the style discussion starts.

• Agree 1

It's equal parts boring & awkward- that's my opinion. Doesn't bear any Jag stylistic heritage. The i-pace is not ugly, it's just not something that reaches out and says 'me love you long time'.

Fanboys will wax poetic all day long, it's like watching 'Runway' and listening to the prattle there. Meaningless. He's a shill, which is fine, but don't expect me to take it objectively.

• BY THE WAY- that "sporty 3-spoke steering wheel" with the hollowed out bottom spoke is in ONE HUNDRED other models of all sorts of brands & price tiers. It's completely standard fare, yet listen to him speak of it in an awed tone.

• "I've got a ton of legroom, 890 mm, which is a lot..." Gee whizzikers, that the exact same amount of rear legroom in a 'horribly cramped' CTS. Very interesting.

• Good thing you can check out all the overhead traffic thru the giant sunroof, because it appears the rear headrests are touching the ceiling of the car- there is zero rearward visibility.

Edited by balthazar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@balthazar I was laughing at some of the Awe in the guy about the car. You know I like the EV's but also was a bit surprised about the inside room and you are right I question the headroom in the back seat seeing where those headrests are at.

Best part of the Skyroof I thought was you could look up and dream of hover cars while in traffic. :P

Thanks for confirming some of my own feeling about it. :D 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, dfelt said:

So the dimensions of the auto put it in compact size external but internal is a mid class for space

That's how the Focus Hatchback is as well. 

15 hours ago, balthazar said:

• BY THE WAY- that "sporty 3-spoke steering wheel" with the hollowed out bottom spoke is in ONE HUNDRED other models of all sorts of brands & price tiers. It's completely standard fare, yet listen to him speak of it in an awed tone.

Hahaha absolutely! My Focus has that... 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Is the irony lost on you how stupid this is?

@A Horse With No Name I quote this as he is right on!

And this is my point...less than passionate efforts lead to less than spectacular results. 

The auto industry is showing passion, there are many waiting to get their first exposure to a solid less maintenance driving experience in EVs. 

You have lost on how your resistance will not stop the world moving forward with EVs.

EVs make noise, just not enough for blind people. So companies are taking that into consideration. The nice thing is above 20 MPH they are silent and lovely when you are driving around. Leave the noise on the race track and embrace the natural sound of Earth.

• Haha 1

Seems Jag is finally delivering to those that pre-purchased the iPace.

First Jaguar I-Pace U.S. retail delivery  -  October, 2018

Family is according to the news story a total jag family and this is their first EV to replace an ICE auto.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1119381_jaguar-delivers-first-i-pace-electric-crossover-in-north-america

To quote the story:

It is, however, replacing a gasoline vehicle. His family of six is, no exaggeration, a Jaguar family, with the household’s roster of former vehicles including two XKRs, an XJ, two F-Types, and an F-Pace; they also currently have an F-Type R.

The family has been through a series of three-row SUVs, but with a daughter off to college, the five-passenger I-Pace will be enough—and the family hopes to use it to visit relatives for the holidays. From what we’ve experienced so far, legroom is ample for adults in the back seat, and there’s a standard of fit and finish in a luxurious cabin that outdoes any Tesla—and yes, that includes the Model 3.

Yea, I think Tesla is going to be hurting by the end of next year as more and more EV options come out.

Exciting times we live in! :metal: