Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Zotye Announces US Dealership Network :Comments

Chinese automaker Zotye (pronounced Zoh'-Tay) has announced it has signed agreements for 19 stores with various dealership groups nationwide.  This move brings the company closer to being the first manufacturer to sell Chinese made vehicles under a Chinese brand name. Eventually, Zotye plans to enter 80 US markets with 300 to 325 dealers. The company is hoping to reach that goal by the end of 2020.  The next round of dealership expansion is expected in March 2019.

While no vehicle has officially been announced, it has been widely speculated that the first Zotye vehicle offered will be the Zotye T600 (shown above), a crossover offered for sale in China since 2013. 

Zotye aims to be a low-cost automaker at the value end of the spectrum.

View full article

Just now, dfelt said:

@Drew Dowdell Any connection to VW or Honda? That T600 looks allot like the VW / Honda CUVs. Wonder how much the design will change when launched here in the US. Such a BLAH BLAND look.

Their main partner in China is Ford. 

I'm assuming we'll get an updated version of the T600.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Their main partner in China is Ford. 

I'm assuming we'll get an updated version of the T600.

In this...eff Ford. 

So much winning in our trade exchange....

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

Cheap crossover = many, many sales units.  Americans love crossovers and they love Wal-Mart pricing.

Yep...and have zero ethics in selling us out to China.

• Agree 1

Just now, Drew Dowdell said:

A product of necessity. In order to do business in China, US manufacturers have to partner with a local company. 

In this though they are assisting the Chinese takeover of the US auto market. I stand by my comments.

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In this though they are assisting the Chinese takeover of the US auto market. I stand by my comments.

In that case, all of the US manufacturers (and Japanese, and German) are equally guilty. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

In that case, all of the US manufacturers (and Japanese, and German) are equally guilty. 

Ohhhh I am well aware of that...but this is not a good development.

14 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Ohhhh I am well aware of that...but this is not a good development.

Alas, such is the nature of global companies...far too many US-based companies are dependent on China for electronics and consumer product manufacturing. 

12 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Alas, such is the nature of global companies...far too many US-based companies are dependent on China for electronics and consumer product manufacturing. 

Ohhh...again...yes....but we need to change that Dynamic.

14 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Somedays it just feels like the country is in it's death spiral...

Ohhh...absolutely right again. Culturally very much so I think.