Theme issues

9 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Tried to get in this morning at my usual time.  No can do.  Seems OK now, looks a bit... different

Yup, I also hit the same thing. looks like we went back to the very old default theme as I do not see the shifter symbol in the title.

53 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Tried to get in this morning at my usual time.  No can do.  Seems OK now, looks a bit... differnt

Yeah, we're on the software default theme until I can get an answer as to what happened to the other theme we have here.

• 1 year later...

Major software update today, that is what changed the theme.  I had been holding off on doing the upgrade because not all of our add-on apps were compatible.  I'm still putting things back together.

I will be taking the site down later this afternoon as I have some server upgrades to do as well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Well that wasn't fun, but everything is upgraded now.  You're probably getting a "Not Secure" message from your browser.  I'm working on that now. 

My Edge browser is saying we are secure. :) 

6 hours ago, David said:

@Drew Dowdell Seems the default theme is erroring out on me. I changed to Caffeine theme, everything is running slow as a slug.

image.png 

Looking into it.  I ran some updates, let me know if you see a change on your end

6 hours ago, David said:

@Drew Dowdell Seems the default theme is erroring out on me. I changed to Caffeine theme, everything is running slow as a slug.

image.png 

Also, don’t use Caffeine theme. It’s for the old version of this software and I need to uninstall it 

13 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Looking into it.  I ran some updates, let me know if you see a change on your end

Also, don’t use Caffeine theme. It’s for the old version of this software and I need to uninstall it 

Got it, I am on the default theme again as Caffeine seemed even slower. Will give it time since I have to go get started on dinner and then will come back and check it out.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Got it, I am on the default theme again as Caffeine seemed even slower. Will give it time since I have to go get started on dinner and then will come back and check it out.

It seems to be really fast now on my end.   We're probably going to have an app version of the site soon too.... just waiting approval. 

• Agree 2

@Drew Dowdell refresh is back to normal, selecting unread channels is fast, all seems to be finally back to normal for me.

Very nice to be back to normal speed again from what I can tell.

Cool, an app version would be awesome.

One odd thing I've noticed since the site update is on mobile (iPhone w/ Safari) when I go to the site every post shown is from May 25, 2015.   When I go to the site on my laptop (Mac, Safari) the latest posts are showing instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 8:03 AM, Robert Hall said:

One odd thing I've noticed since the site update is on mobile (iPhone w/ Safari) when I go to the site every post shown is from May 25, 2015.   When I go to the site on my laptop (Mac, Safari) the latest posts are showing instead.

Can you provide some screenshots?

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Can you provide some screenshots?

Here you go...strange, eh?   Not a big deal..if I click the icon to the left of the + it shows the latest unread content.   This just seems to be the default I'm getting.

unnamed-17.jpg

Maybe it was picking up the Random Threads link.   I see this if type in the URL directly rather than let it auto-fill...looks fine.

unnamed-18.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall

10 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

What link do you have saved? It looks like you might have saved a link to a specific post or stream. 

could be that.. I don't use bookmarks, just auto complete, something may be saved...

16 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

could be that.. I don't use bookmarks, just auto complete, something may be saved...

Time to clear that browser history then. :P