Jun-19

Jun-18

Monthly %

YTD 2019

YTD 2018

Yearly %

GRAND TOTAL

29,275 29,125 0.5% 163,917 176,408 -7.1%

1 Mercedes-Benz, Freightliner Sprinter and Metris Vans are sold and marketed in the U.S. by Mercedes-Benz USA and Daimler Vans USA, respectively.

# # #

20 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Positive overall.. Something Ford and GM can't say this period. 

Negative over all, but some of the models that were selling thousands a month are now hundreds, seems to reinforce the cars are not where the money is at.

19 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Down 7% is positive??

Up 0.5% this month. 

Yes, overall, down for the year. 

7 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Negative over all, but some of the models that were selling thousands a month are now hundreds, seems to reinforce the cars are not where the money is at.

The CLA that's replaced by the A Class? The only vehicle that fits your criteria is the GLS that'll be brand new by the end of the year or even summer. 

9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Up 0.5% this month. 

Yes, overall, down for the year. 

The CLA that's replaced by the A Class? The only vehicle that fits your criteria is the GLS that'll be brand new by the end of the year or even summer. 

I assume the CLA sales are down because the 2nd gen 2020 model isn't out yet, so they are winding down the 1st gen 2019.. (the A class isn't replacing it). 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

I assume the CLA sales are down because the 2nd gen 2020 model isn't out yet, so they are winding down the 1st gen 2019.. (the A class isn't replacing it). 

Ahhh good to know. I guess I just assumed the A Class was replacing it because two small vehicles seems a bit odd for a luxury company(then add in the GLA(and B..?)). 

Ahhh good to know. I guess I just assumed the A Class was replacing it because two small vehicles seems a bit odd for a luxury company(then add in the GLA(and B..?)). 

Well, the A-class is the sedan (in the US, they have a hatchback version also in Europe), the CLA is the 4dr coupe, the GLA is the crossover coupe, and the GLB is the more upright crossover...

12 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Sedan = Four Door Coupe 

Yes, i know the GL(X) is their SUV/CUV designation. I just meant literal size of vehicle. Those are tiny. 

Just going off how M-B categorizes them...they have the A-Class under sedans on their website, the CLA under coupes.   It's not supposed to make sense. 

Edited by Robert Hall

The newer stuff is selling, the old stuff like GLS, CLA and SL are not.  But that is to be expected.   New GLS is out soon, a GLB in winter and a GLA next summer.  That SUV lineup will be very fresh, plus EQ C on sale later this year.

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

GLS and GLC at -3.1% and -3.5%(YTD) I wouldn't consider huge..

GLC, sure... maybe.... but the GLS is down 33% for the month.   A few months of that and you'll see the YTD start to slide into double digits. 

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Could explain why the current one is down, people waiting on the new one.

We (and by that I mean @smk4565) don't allow for that explanation when its Cadillac or Lincoln, so we shouldn't for Benz either. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Drew Dowdell said:

We (and by that I mean @smk4565) don't allow for that explanation when its Cadillac or Lincoln, so we shouldn't for Benz either. 

Benz buyers want 'The best or nothing', so they are waiting on the next 'best' to be available. ;)

• Haha 1

I am hearing in conversations more and more folks going to US or Asian brands over the Germans.

Seems to be having an affect as every model MB sells is on sale with cash back, cheap interest, cheap leases plus conquest bucks. Seems crazy just how big of a discount MB is willing to give to move metal. 

Seems to be more of a Kmart Blue Light Special on MB Auto's around here.

2019-SeattleMB-Deals.jpg

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Seems to be having an affect as every model MB sells is on sale with cash back, cheap interest, cheap leases plus conquest bucks. Seems crazy just how big of a discount MB is willing to give to move metal. 

You mean, like all of the American companies? 

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

You mean, like all of the American companies? 

Nope not like all of them as MB seems to have steeper discounts, lower interest rates, etc.

As I said, MB seems to be doing a Kmart Blue Light special right now on their product line.

Just now, dfelt said:

Nope not like all of them as MB seems to have steeper discounts, lower interest rates, etc.

As I said, MB seems to be doing a Kmart Blue Light special right now on their product line.

Uhhh proof of this? 

Have you been to a GM or Ford lot? 

Cadillac has 2 or 3 offeres for their entire lineup, including the CTS-V, which those kinds of cars never get discounted. I shouldn't have to show you proof of Ford or Chevy as paying MSRP for either of those brands is insane. 

16 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Paying MSRP for any brand is insane.  

Don't Toyota and Honda give little to no discounts on their stuff? I thought they were always pretty strict on their supply to keep it low so they don't have to throw cash on the hoods to move metal. 

Don't Toyota and Honda give little to no discounts on their stuff? I thought they were always pretty strict on their supply to keep it low so they don't have to throw cash on the hoods to move metal. 

They still to cheap leases and cash on the hood. $1,250 cash back right now on the RAV-4 and that is a brand new model. $2,000 back on Camry. $3,000 on Tundra, $3,000 on Highlander. 

Over at Honda it's almost all cheap leasing or low interest financing. $169 a month for a Civic sedan. $209 for a Civic Si coupe or sedan. $249 with $1,500 down on an Accord. etc. 

But go to Costco, sign up for an executive membership, and get $500 off almost any car from any brand and a below MSRP price.

Kia and Hyundai don't really do "deals" but they'll lease cheap and they give a lot for a trade. 

So like I said.. they all do it. They just take different routes to get there.  Even MB is offering 2.9% interest right now across the entire lineup. 

• Thanks 1

MB is doing 1.99% on all auto's in Washington State right now according to their web site for here.

I see BMW is slipping but still the Luxury Leader in the US with MB a close 2nd even with 6 months of declining sales.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/05/bmw-remains-luxury-leader-in-u-s-but-segment-slips-in-april/

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings