Question: is the ocn blu?

My partner has got one (Tesla). Two of my immediate neighbors have got EVs. (Both Teslas).  One of those neighbors had a 1st gen Volt.    A mom of one of the girls I coach in softball has got one. (Tesla) 

And I shoot the shyte with ALL them regarding their EV ownership.  And guess what?  None of YOUR fears, and fake EV news relate to their world of EV ownership, dipshyte. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Didn't think I'd be a victim of the dreaded GM 8-speed shudder issue... and it is getting worse.  Gotta call in soon.

Sounds like you waited too late to trade on the next one..

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Sounds like you waited too late to trade on the next one..

Isn't it a shame after 22k miles?  And the internet is full of hits on the issues.

Hey statue, if GM, the inventor of the fully automatic transmission and the most successful manufacturer of them with their world famous Hydramatic Division, cannot manufacture a trouble-free unit after making untold MILLIONS of them... what on Earth makes you think they'll be able to manufacture a decent EV, which is, face it, new and relatively untested?

Look at Volkswagen, a formidable manufacturer in their own right, getting PANNED in their home turf automotive press for their new ID.3, and all of the problems they've had up to now launching the thing.

You're going to be in a world of hurt if you believe EV's are going to be perfection personified in rare earth metals and petroleum-based plastics.

• Downvote 3

On 5/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, ocnblu said:

16,800 miles.  This tank:  23.034543 MPG.  Truck is doing fine.  It's dirty, which I don't like, but being scared to death by the virus hype, I cut my car wash budget to zero dollars.

That's darned fine for a midsized truck. Esp 4WD. Still like this thing. Obviously have a thing for midsize trucks. 

On 9/14/2020 at 7:59 PM, David said:

Blu's truck going to sleep for the Night! :P 

tired sleep GIF

It deserves a good rest. Still love this thing. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:20 PM, trinacriabob said:

I rarely wander over this way.  Just saw this.  Attractive grille and front 3/4 views.  Great color. 

It still looks fantastic. Given the venom between members here, I am just going to pretend it's powered by unicorn farts and enjoy the nice Chevy truck. 

On 5/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, balthazar said:

OK if I just go with "23.0"?

Again, damn impressive economy. Kudo's to GM.  Makes me think if a used Zr2 comes up...I would dump big tires under it and kill the fuel economy. Let's just be honest. 

Appointment this Wednesday to have the transmission fluid changed.  GM says the problem is the factory-installed fluid allows condensation to build up inside the transmission and cause all the issues.  They've come up with a different fluid composition.  Internet says it works... sometimes.  Service writer at the local Chevy dealer says none of his customers came back with a recurrence.  Fingers crossed this works.  They're giving me a loaner, so I'm wondering what I'll get.  I told the scheduler lady I don't care if it's a Spark, I'll be appreciative of anything, since I did not buy it there.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Appointment this Wednesday to have the transmission fluid changed.  GM says the problem is the factory-installed fluid allows condensation to build up inside the transmission and cause all the issues.  They've come up with a different fluid composition.  Internet says it works... sometimes.  Service writer at the local Chevy dealer says none of his customers came back with a recurrence.  Fingers crossed this works.  They're giving me a loaner, so I'm wondering what I'll get.  I told the scheduler lady I don't care if it's a Spark, I'll be appreciative of anything, since I did not buy it there.

Good luck. Any thoughts about how much you like the 4WD system on this?

Well last winter was a bust, no weather to speak of.  I haven't had it four wheeling in mud, the chassis is clean as a pin.  I did use it to back up the steep hill to my front door when I tore out my old carpet so I could load it up and haul it, just to keep it from spinning in my grass.  :smilewide:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Well last winter was a bust, no weather to speak of.  I haven't had it four wheeling in mud, the chassis is clean as a pin.  I did use it to back up the steep hill to my front door when I tore out my old carpet so I could load it up and haul it, just to keep it from spinning in my grass.  :smilewide:

Suburban 4 wheeling, got it! :P 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I've read this on other GM related web sites as well, Cadillac, Buick etc.

FINGERS CROSSED.

maybe you'll get a TRAILBLAZER for the loaner

Edited by regfootball
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Well they gave me a twunny twunny Equinox 2LT with the big block engine.  Red metallic.

I was SHOCKED, I tell you, with the smooth idle until I realized it wasn't running atall.  Damn start/stop.  LOL

That’s the one thing I despise about my Nox...that stop/start thing. It is annoying, especially in city driving!

At least I like everything else about the car.... 🙂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Well they gave me a twunny twunny Equinox 2LT with the big block engine.  Red metallic.

I was SHOCKED, I tell you, with the smooth idle until I realized it wasn't running atall.  Damn start/stop.  LOL

Good thing for that auto start/stop otherwise you might get tickets with that big block 2.0 liter motor. :P 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/19/2020 at 7:08 PM, ocnblu said:

What would you do if they gave you a Spark EV..?!?! 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1