Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Question: is the ocn blu?

18 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I'm thinking they did it and it took this long for it to come 'round.  Of course I'm guessing because it has definitely settled itself considerably.  Still has that weird thing on the first cold 3-4 shift under light throttle, but it was like that from new, it did not manifest itself at the same time as the shudder.

What's the weird 3-4 shift?

6 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

What's the weird 3-4 shift?

It feels like it goes momentarily into neutral, then shifts abruptly into 4th grrr.  Causes an embarrassing head bob situation. Conditions have to be right for it to occur.  First cold 3-4 shift, light throttle.

Edited by ocnblu

On 10/30/2020 at 6:51 PM, ocnblu said:

It feels like it goes momentarily into neutral, then shifts abruptly into 4th grrr.  Causes an embarrassing head bob situation. Conditions have to be right for it to occur.  First cold 3-4 shift, light throttle.

Easy fix. You should be flooring it until the transmission is hot.

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 7:40 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

Easy fix. You should be flooring it until the transmission is hot.

Or trade it for a Ranger with a smooth shifting 10 speed....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

You know... Cactus Gray is coming to the Ranger for 2021...

They had a ZR2 in that special sand color at my local Chevy dealer. That was a sell a kidney kind of good looking truck. I think that might even trump Cactus grey. 

• 8 months later...

Will soon turn over 41k miles on this truck, and I realized I cannot remember the last time I put that many miles on a vehicle before I got rid of it.  Running fine.  Had one more transmission episode involving electronics (CEL, would not shift out of 2nd gear) driving to work one morning, second similar episode, different DTC, but a co-worker was able to clear it for me and it's been fine since.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Will soon turn over 41k miles on this truck, and I realized I cannot remember the last time I put that many miles on a vehicle before I got rid of it.  Running fine.  Had one more transmission episode involving electronics (CEL, would not shift out of 2nd gear) driving to work one morning, second similar episode, different DTC, but a co-worker was able to clear it for me and it's been fine since.

I'm about to hit 30,000 miles of driving my MKC(approaching 67,000) and I don't think I've owned a vehicle this long since my first car (1995 Beretta Z26). 

In all fairness, I intended on keeping my Escape for a long time before a lady blew a red light. I then intended on keeping my Focus for a long time before the dual clutch transmission was too much of a piece of sht that I knew I would eventually have to spend serious money on it once it was out of warranty. So hopefully I keep the MKC for awhile and add a 3rd vehicle to the house. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

So now, closing in on 44k miles, I have to start thinking about tires.  It has been a long time since I replaced tires out of need, and not want.  The Wrangler Adventures have been fine as factory original tires go, but I always thought I'd like to have a more aggressive tire... of course, on the other side of the coin, I don't want to give up fuel mileage with gasoline prices where they are, and I like a quieter tire as well.  So I'm reading tire reviews.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

It seems like the best all around truck tire with some rugged looks is the good ole BFG K02. 

Totally agree with you that the BFG K02 is a great tire, long life and I have not really noticed any impact on MPG on my auto's that have the BFG tires.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, ocnblu said:

So now, closing in on 44k miles, I have to start thinking about tires.  It has been a long time since I replaced tires out of need, and not want.  The Wrangler Adventures have been fine as factory original tires go, but I always thought I'd like to have a more aggressive tire... of course, on the other side of the coin, I don't want to give up fuel mileage with gasoline prices where they are, and I like like a quieter tire as well.  So I'm reading tire reviews.

This Damn good looking tire would look awesome on your Truck Ocnblu!

Here at Discount Tires for your truck they are $165 each, mounted and balanced.

image.png

• 1 month later...

I went with these.  I'm impressed by the quiet ride (of course I am colored by the fact the Goodyear Adventures were noisy as heck toward the end).  Turned them black side out.  Driving range is as good or a tick better than the old ones/recommend

ckruu2fiu02ii01lvy6ew9hnt-trail-combo.max.png

• Agree 1