Question: is the ocn blu?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spotted this 2019 Colorado Z71 this morning, in the parking lot at my favorite walking trail.  Lo and behold, the keys just happened to be in my pocket.  So... I brought it home.   

Well they gave me a twunny twunny Equinox 2LT with the big block engine.  Red metallic. I was SHOCKED, I tell you, with the smooth idle until I realized it wasn't running atall.  Damn start/stop.

My partner has got one (Tesla). Two of my immediate neighbors have got EVs. (Both Teslas).  One of those neighbors had a 1st gen Volt.    A mom of one of the girls I coach in softball has got one. (Te

Posted Images

Yupper!  Waiting for my shortie antenna as we schpeak!

I posted a preview pic in Random Thoughts yesterday... good ol' U.S. flag on the back glass...

We have a local truck accessory place, Car-Mic.  "Everybody" who buys a new truck goes there immediately after leaving the dealership.  I have ordered Husky floor liners from them.  Next up is a tri-fold bed cover and Aeroskin hood protector.  It does have the factory spray-in liner, which was a yuge consideration.  With the Jeep in the garage and my downstairs living room renovation project finally done, seems like some space in the garage was stolen by "stuff".  The truck fits, but I need to clean out the garage and haul some stuff to a final resting place, so it fits with more comfort.  No Bedrugs or rubber bed mats this time, I got full factory bed protection.

The 3.6L with 8 speed auto work together like peanut butter and jelly.  Sooooo smooth.  Above photo is not good quality.  I will post a few more photos soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
18 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Here's my traditional new vehicle intro photo, at Lancaster County Park's covered bridge.  It's so good to be back in a vehicle that can get out of its own way (but I will defend my former Jeepiat always otherwise).

IMG_0095.JPG

At the walking trail parking lot this morning -

IMG_0093.JPG

Awesome Truck, Congratulations. Did you remove the lower plastic black valence on this one. I cannot tell by the photos?

Love the Z71 Package! :D

Are those little mud flaps in front of the rear wheels?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Congrats, @ocnblu! I wish IL didn't require front license plates..Plate-less looks so much cleaner and better. 

2 hours ago, dfelt said:

Are those little mud flaps in front of the rear wheels?

My Escape had those as well. Somebody on a forum said it was to get air to the brakes because wheels and tires have grown so much. I don't know the accuracy of that but it made sense to me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Yes, I asked the dealership to remove the airdam as I did with my 2015 Colorado.  I think it looks so much more "ready" without it, like a 4X4 should look.

Yes, it has little deflectors at the front of each rear wheel.  I read somewhere it is to direct air around the wheels for better aero.  Kind of like the beef  air curtains on the new Silverado (and Ford Ranger!  Along with many others).

A Chevy dealer and a Ford dealer, each about 25 miles from me (and on the same general route north of here), showed blue midsize 4X4 extended cabs.  The Ranger is an STX FX4, but it was discounted to only $1k cheaper than the Chevy, and the Chevy has way more stuff on it.  I went to the Chevy dealer first.  Never went to the Ford dealer.  I have a deeper affinity for Chevy anyway.

Thanks all for the nice comments.  The itch is scratched.

My truck is a twin to a co-worker's, so I need to make it stand out from his.  I am thinking of the black bowties and black Colorado nameplate kit that are available through GM Accessories.  I also have Husky floor trays ordered, and an Aeroskin hood protector (I prefer them because they lay flat to the hood, no gap to catch dirt.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My shortie antenna came in the mail today.  Now I can drive in and out of my garage without taking off/putting on my antenna.  LOL.  I will say the antenna from CravenSpeed is a high quality piece and the reception is unchanged (so far) from factory.  When I drive to work tomorrow I will be able to confirm that over my route.

10 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

My shortie antenna came in the mail today.  Now I can drive in and out of my garage without taking off/putting on my antenna.  LOL.  I will say the antenna from CravenSpeed is a high quality piece and the reception is unchanged (so far) from factory.  When I drive to work tomorrow I will be able to confirm that over my route.

Can you please take a photo and show us, I am interested in what it looks like.

Thank you Blu :) 

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Can you please take a photo and show us, I am interested in what it looks like.

Thank you Blu :) 

Well if you're a gym member and set foot in the locker room, you've already seen another guy's shortie antenna.  But, I will post a photo if it will get past the censors.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I could almost see buying a similar vehicle myself.

Looks fantastic. Like Hemi Cuda convertible fantastic. 

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

I think the shortie measures up quite well, the perfect size.  Confirmed today, radio reception is unchanged from factory.

IMG_0102.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I think the shortie measures up quite well, the perfect size.  Confirmed today, radio reception is unchanged from factory.

IMG_0102.JPG

Wow, that is not much difference, so the extra few inches actually hits the bottom of the garage door when up, seem that is a short roof garage. Really appreciate you posting it.

• 3 weeks later...

Super GREAT truck. I didn't expect to like it so much. Put several hundred miles on a 2018 Colorado crew, and loved the drive quality, fit, and 3.6L/8-speed. Was like a refined SUV on road, and sporty.

Antithesis of the AWFUL 2019 Silverado I had, back to back. I begged to give it back, and took the Colorado in return. Good to see how nice these actually are. Right sized, and nice to drive.

BLUE! Boom.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

This thing is so right.  I've owned 5 S-10 pickups brand new.  This is my 4th Colorado.  I may as well "do me".  When I ordered my 2015, I ordered it in blue... when I got home from the dealer, they called me and said Laser Blue was not available yet for order, so I went with my second choice, Cyber Gray.  Now, in 2019, I have the blue Colorado I wanted.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Based on your browsing history. 

I have to believe it takes in like age and sex as well because I've gotten dating ads before and I've literally never gone to a dating website but its algorithm saw youngish male and though I'd like to meet ladies. 

• Haha 2