Question: is the ocn blu?

We have a local truck accessory place, Car-Mic.  "Everybody" who buys a new truck goes there immediately after leaving the dealership.  I have ordered Husky floor liners from them.  Next up is a tri-fold bed cover and Aeroskin hood protector.  It does have the factory spray-in liner, which was a yuge consideration.  With the Jeep in the garage and my downstairs living room renovation project finally done, seems like some space in the garage was stolen by "stuff".  The truck fits, but I need to clean out the garage and haul some stuff to a final resting place, so it fits with more comfort.  No Bedrugs or rubber bed mats this time, I got full factory bed protection.

The 3.6L with 8 speed auto work together like peanut butter and jelly.  Sooooo smooth.  Above photo is not good quality.  I will post a few more photos soon.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

18 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Here's my traditional new vehicle intro photo, at Lancaster County Park's covered bridge.  It's so good to be back in a vehicle that can get out of its own way (but I will defend my former Jeepiat always otherwise).

IMG_0095.JPG

At the walking trail parking lot this morning -

IMG_0093.JPG

Awesome Truck, Congratulations. Did you remove the lower plastic black valence on this one. I cannot tell by the photos?

Love the Z71 Package! :D

Are those little mud flaps in front of the rear wheels?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Congrats, @ocnblu! I wish IL didn't require front license plates..Plate-less looks so much cleaner and better. 

2 hours ago, dfelt said:

Are those little mud flaps in front of the rear wheels?

My Escape had those as well. Somebody on a forum said it was to get air to the brakes because wheels and tires have grown so much. I don't know the accuracy of that but it made sense to me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Yes, I asked the dealership to remove the airdam as I did with my 2015 Colorado.  I think it looks so much more "ready" without it, like a 4X4 should look.

Yes, it has little deflectors at the front of each rear wheel.  I read somewhere it is to direct air around the wheels for better aero.  Kind of like the beef  air curtains on the new Silverado (and Ford Ranger!  Along with many others).

A Chevy dealer and a Ford dealer, each about 25 miles from me (and on the same general route north of here), showed blue midsize 4X4 extended cabs.  The Ranger is an STX FX4, but it was discounted to only $1k cheaper than the Chevy, and the Chevy has way more stuff on it.  I went to the Chevy dealer first.  Never went to the Ford dealer.  I have a deeper affinity for Chevy anyway.

Thanks all for the nice comments.  The itch is scratched.

My truck is a twin to a co-worker's, so I need to make it stand out from his.  I am thinking of the black bowties and black Colorado nameplate kit that are available through GM Accessories.  I also have Husky floor trays ordered, and an Aeroskin hood protector (I prefer them because they lay flat to the hood, no gap to catch dirt.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My shortie antenna came in the mail today.  Now I can drive in and out of my garage without taking off/putting on my antenna.  LOL.  I will say the antenna from CravenSpeed is a high quality piece and the reception is unchanged (so far) from factory.  When I drive to work tomorrow I will be able to confirm that over my route.

10 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

My shortie antenna came in the mail today.  Now I can drive in and out of my garage without taking off/putting on my antenna.  LOL.  I will say the antenna from CravenSpeed is a high quality piece and the reception is unchanged (so far) from factory.  When I drive to work tomorrow I will be able to confirm that over my route.

Can you please take a photo and show us, I am interested in what it looks like.

Thank you Blu :) 

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Can you please take a photo and show us, I am interested in what it looks like.

Thank you Blu :) 

Well if you're a gym member and set foot in the locker room, you've already seen another guy's shortie antenna.  But, I will post a photo if it will get past the censors.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I think the shortie measures up quite well, the perfect size.  Confirmed today, radio reception is unchanged from factory.

IMG_0102.JPG

Wow, that is not much difference, so the extra few inches actually hits the bottom of the garage door when up, seem that is a short roof garage. Really appreciate you posting it.

• 3 weeks later...

Super GREAT truck. I didn't expect to like it so much. Put several hundred miles on a 2018 Colorado crew, and loved the drive quality, fit, and 3.6L/8-speed. Was like a refined SUV on road, and sporty.

Antithesis of the AWFUL 2019 Silverado I had, back to back. I begged to give it back, and took the Colorado in return. Good to see how nice these actually are. Right sized, and nice to drive.

BLUE! Boom.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

This thing is so right.  I've owned 5 S-10 pickups brand new.  This is my 4th Colorado.  I may as well "do me".  When I ordered my 2015, I ordered it in blue... when I got home from the dealer, they called me and said Laser Blue was not available yet for order, so I went with my second choice, Cyber Gray.  Now, in 2019, I have the blue Colorado I wanted.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Based on your browsing history. 

I have to believe it takes in like age and sex as well because I've gotten dating ads before and I've literally never gone to a dating website but its algorithm saw youngish male and though I'd like to meet ladies. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Clearly he was surfing keywords "Tesla truck" or "electric pickup".  Or he was looking into gainful employment riding on the back of said "garbage truck".  Even the most loving parents have to kick their fledglings out of the nest eventually.

Maybe he was looking at Diesel or Future of ICE Autos. :P 

• 9 months later...

16,800 miles.  This tank:  23.034543 MPG.  Truck is doing fine.  It's dirty, which I don't like, but being scared to death by the virus hype, I cut my car wash budget to zero dollars.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What is this?  Weird.  Paranoia, or something more?  I've been feeling an odd vibration in 3rd gear.  I thought it was the road and dismissed it as nothing at first, but it seems more consistent and more than coincidental, and on many different road surfaces.  More quiet, alert driving will need to be done before I come to a conclusion... and possibly lodge a warranty concern.

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

What is this?  Weird.  Paranoia, or something more?  I've been feeling an odd vibration in 3rd gear.  I thought it was the road and dismissed it as nothing at first, but it seems more consistent and more than coincidental, and on many different road surfaces.  More quiet, alert driving will need to be done before I come to a conclusion... and possibly lodge a warranty concern.

It's cause you bought a truck form a Woman run company since you Hate her so much. Maybe you should go back to that Mexican or Fiat built Jeep you loved so much. 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

413.3 miles, 5 minutes later I had 18.268 gallons of gallons of gas pumped in.  22.624261 MPG.

What's with the millionth-place calculations? 
Getting tax reimbursements out that far to the right of the decimal?
I'd like to know what the billionth place number is next time.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, oldshurst442 said: