Question: is the ocn blu?

My partner has got one (Tesla). Two of my immediate neighbors have got EVs. (Both Teslas).  One of those neighbors had a 1st gen Volt.    A mom of one of the girls I coach in softball has got one. (Tesla) 

And I shoot the shyte with ALL them regarding their EV ownership.  And guess what?  None of YOUR fears, and fake EV news relate to their world of EV ownership, dipshyte. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Didn't think I'd be a victim of the dreaded GM 8-speed shudder issue... and it is getting worse.  Gotta call in soon.

Sounds like you waited too late to trade on the next one..

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Sounds like you waited too late to trade on the next one..

Isn't it a shame after 22k miles?  And the internet is full of hits on the issues.

Hey statue, if GM, the inventor of the fully automatic transmission and the most successful manufacturer of them with their world famous Hydramatic Division, cannot manufacture a trouble-free unit after making untold MILLIONS of them... what on Earth makes you think they'll be able to manufacture a decent EV, which is, face it, new and relatively untested?

Look at Volkswagen, a formidable manufacturer in their own right, getting PANNED in their home turf automotive press for their new ID.3, and all of the problems they've had up to now launching the thing.

You're going to be in a world of hurt if you believe EV's are going to be perfection personified in rare earth metals and petroleum-based plastics.

• Disagree 3

On 5/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, ocnblu said:

16,800 miles.  This tank:  23.034543 MPG.  Truck is doing fine.  It's dirty, which I don't like, but being scared to death by the virus hype, I cut my car wash budget to zero dollars.

That's darned fine for a midsized truck. Esp 4WD. Still like this thing. Obviously have a thing for midsize trucks. 

On 9/14/2020 at 7:59 PM, David said:

Blu's truck going to sleep for the Night! :P 

tired sleep GIF

It deserves a good rest. Still love this thing. 

• Agree 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:20 PM, trinacriabob said:

I rarely wander over this way.  Just saw this.  Attractive grille and front 3/4 views.  Great color. 

It still looks fantastic. Given the venom between members here, I am just going to pretend it's powered by unicorn farts and enjoy the nice Chevy truck. 

On 5/23/2020 at 4:28 PM, balthazar said:

OK if I just go with "23.0"?

Again, damn impressive economy. Kudo's to GM.  Makes me think if a used Zr2 comes up...I would dump big tires under it and kill the fuel economy. Let's just be honest. 

Appointment this Wednesday to have the transmission fluid changed.  GM says the problem is the factory-installed fluid allows condensation to build up inside the transmission and cause all the issues.  They've come up with a different fluid composition.  Internet says it works... sometimes.  Service writer at the local Chevy dealer says none of his customers came back with a recurrence.  Fingers crossed this works.  They're giving me a loaner, so I'm wondering what I'll get.  I told the scheduler lady I don't care if it's a Spark, I'll be appreciative of anything, since I did not buy it there.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Appointment this Wednesday to have the transmission fluid changed.  GM says the problem is the factory-installed fluid allows condensation to build up inside the transmission and cause all the issues.  They've come up with a different fluid composition.  Internet says it works... sometimes.  Service writer at the local Chevy dealer says none of his customers came back with a recurrence.  Fingers crossed this works.  They're giving me a loaner, so I'm wondering what I'll get.  I told the scheduler lady I don't care if it's a Spark, I'll be appreciative of anything, since I did not buy it there.

Good luck. Any thoughts about how much you like the 4WD system on this?

Well last winter was a bust, no weather to speak of.  I haven't had it four wheeling in mud, the chassis is clean as a pin.  I did use it to back up the steep hill to my front door when I tore out my old carpet so I could load it up and haul it, just to keep it from spinning in my grass.  :smilewide:

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Well last winter was a bust, no weather to speak of.  I haven't had it four wheeling in mud, the chassis is clean as a pin.  I did use it to back up the steep hill to my front door when I tore out my old carpet so I could load it up and haul it, just to keep it from spinning in my grass.  :smilewide:

Suburban 4 wheeling, got it! :P 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I've read this on other GM related web sites as well, Cadillac, Buick etc.

FINGERS CROSSED.

maybe you'll get a TRAILBLAZER for the loaner

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Well they gave me a twunny twunny Equinox 2LT with the big block engine.  Red metallic.

I was SHOCKED, I tell you, with the smooth idle until I realized it wasn't running atall.  Damn start/stop.  LOL

That’s the one thing I despise about my Nox...that stop/start thing. It is annoying, especially in city driving!

At least I like everything else about the car.... 🙂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Well they gave me a twunny twunny Equinox 2LT with the big block engine.  Red metallic.

I was SHOCKED, I tell you, with the smooth idle until I realized it wasn't running atall.  Damn start/stop.  LOL

Good thing for that auto start/stop otherwise you might get tickets with that big block 2.0 liter motor. :P 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/19/2020 at 7:08 PM, ocnblu said:

What would you do if they gave you a Spark EV..?!?! 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Still way less than you per mile driven... 

The hot air and greenhouse gas created by the fruitless bickering here is far more damaging to the environment than a coal rolling F350 Superduty, actually.

48 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

What would you do if they gave you a Spark EV..?!?! 🤣

It might Spark a love of electric vehicles.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The hot air and greenhouse gas created by the fruitless bickering here is far more damaging to the environment than a coal rolling F350 Superduty, actually.

It might Spark a love of electric vehicles.

Little do you know, I run strictly off of solar energy. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Unicorn farts work well for me. In all seriousness...I love the Blue on Blu's truck but have seen a bunch of them in black. And I park by a nearly identical truck in white every morning at work.  It looks good in black and white also.

But it strikes me that ZR2 with the Bison package is 90 percent of the goodness of a Raptor with none of the drawbacks.

I can get a ZR2 Bison through my local carwash... something I can't do with a Raptor.

Also...much better to try to get a ZR2 into a parking garage when I go to a hockey game than a Raptor.

And as much as I like the Gladiator...love it actually...after a 66 Fastback Mustang...a 55 Chevy...two Miatas...a Beetle...a Cooper S...I am kind of ready for something with sleek modern styling. 

The Colorado does that in spades.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

You create zero hot air here so...that is consistent with solar energy.

• Haha 1

Well I have a correction to my previous post about the loaner.  The larger wheels on an LT I thought was a sure identifier of the 2.0t under the hood.  When I mashed it this morning while merging onto a 4-lane highway to get to work, I thought something had to be amiss.  Sure enough, it is a 1.5t with the bigger alloys.  My fault for not scouring the build & price site thoroughly.  Also, a lack of "2.0t" emblem on the liftgate should have been a clue.

Secondly, while my truck was in the dealership's possession, a door ding "appeared" in the driver's door.  Somebody there "discovered" it and called in their PDR guy to fix it.  He did a crappy job, PLUS... they drilled a hole in my door to gain access for the PDR tools WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, they only called me AFTER THE FACT.  So now my door is permanently marked as having PDR work done on it because of the access hole, so EVEN IF I demand that they pay to have conventional bodywork done... I'm screwed!

Service advisor asked me to call him tomorrow, since I picked up my truck after hours, and tell him what I want to do.  I am pissed... because it happened, because their guy did a crappy job, but especially because they drilled my door!

Transmission seems to be acting better at least, but more miles will be needed to give a final judgment.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Well I have a correction to my previous post about the loaner.  The larger wheels on an LT I thought was a sure identifier of the 2.0t under the hood.  When I mashed it this morning while merging onto a 4-lane highway to get to work, I thought something had to be amiss.  Sure enough, it is a 1.5t with the bigger alloys.  My fault for not scouring the build & price site thoroughly.  Also, a lack of "2.0t" emblem on the liftgate should have been a clue.

Secondly, while my truck was in the dealership's possession, a door ding "appeared" in the driver's door.  Somebody there "discovered" it and called in their PDR guy to fix it.  He did a crappy job, PLUS... they drilled a hole in my door to gain access for the PDR tools WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, they only called me AFTER THE FACT.  So now my door is permanently marked as having PDR work done on it because of the access hole, so EVEN IF I demand that they pay to have conventional bodywork done... I'm screwed!

Service advisor asked me to call him tomorrow, since I picked up my truck after hours, and tell him what I want to do.  I am pissed... because it happened, because their guy did a crappy job, but especially because they drilled my door!

Transmission seems to be acting better at least, but more miles will be needed to give a final judgment.

Thanks for the update on the loaner.

So sorry for you Blu as a door ding I have always seen taken out without any drilling. That is an amateur's move and I would fire who ever they used. That really blows. Sorry to hear that they damaged your truck.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, David said:

Thanks for the update on the loaner.

So sorry for you Blu as a door ding I have always seen taken out without any drilling. That is an amateur's move and I would fire who ever they used. That really blows. Sorry to hear that they damaged your truck.

That does suck...

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

That does suck...

The drilling is what just bogles me as even on YouTube, there are so many ways to take out a door dent without drilling.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Door+ding+removal

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The holy grail of GM trucks...with one more hole...sorry, couldn't resist, this sucks for 'Blu.

Starting to fanboy on the Colorado, love the new Sand Dune ZR2 only color for 2021.

2021 Chevrolet Colorado Color Options - Carl Black Kennesaw

I honestly could see picking a ZR2 over a Gladiator if I was going to blow 45 or 50 grand on a midsize truck.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Unicorn farts work well for me. In all seriousness...I love the Blue on Blu's truck but have seen a bunch of them in black. And I park by a nearly identical truck in white every morning at work.  It looks good in black and white also.

But it strikes me that ZR2 with the Bison package is 90 percent of the goodness of a Raptor with none of the drawbacks.

I can get a ZR2 Bison through my local carwash... something I can't do with a Raptor.

Also...much better to try to get a ZR2 into a parking garage when I go to a hockey game than a Raptor.

And as much as I like the Gladiator...love it actually...after a 66 Fastback Mustang...a 55 Chevy...two Miatas...a Beetle...a Cooper S...I am kind of ready for something with sleek modern styling. 

The Colorado does that in spades.

You create zero hot air here so...that is consistent with solar energy.

The one and only gripe i have with the Gladiator Rubicon and Colorado ZR2 is they don't offer any more power/torque in those trims. They make these badass, off-road capable trucks but they're actually the slowest trims because big wheels, tires, lifts, and(assuming) weigh the most with heavy duty off-road equipment. I think that's one reason I LOVE the Raptor is because it's got its off-road goodies but it's also the quickest F150 you can buy. Okay, the last part was true until like 2019 when they stuck the High Output 3.5 in the Limited F150's as well. 

I don't need or expect a rocket ship but something that's pretty quick also. 

Per MT, they tested a 2018 Canyon Denali 4X4 with the new 3.6 and 8spd at 6.8 seconds to 60mph and 15.2 second @ 90mph quarter mile.

Per MT, they tested a 2018 Colorado ZR2 with the new 3.6 and 8spd at 7.2 seconds to 60mph and 15.5 second @93mph quarter mile.

Cut a half second off the ZR2's time(1/4 mile) and it's properly done, imo. 

14 hours ago, ocnblu said:

That's pretty crappy. Is there a chance you could demand a new door skin? 

47 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The holy grail of GM trucks...with one more hole...sorry, couldn't resist, this sucks for 'Blu.

Starting to fanboy on the Colorado, love the new Sand Dune ZR2 only color for 2021.

I honestly could see picking a ZR2 over a Gladiator if I was going to blow 45 or 50 grand on a midsize truck.

Used ones are dropping to around 30k! 

I think a diesel one would be BAD-ASS(even though they're slower than dogsh!t). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The one and only gripe i have with the Gladiator Rubicon and Colorado ZR2 is they don't offer any more power/torque in those trims. They make these badass, off-road capable trucks but they're actually the slowest trims because big wheels, tires, lifts, and(assuming) weigh the most with heavy duty off-road equipment. I think that's one reason I LOVE the Raptor is because it's got its off-road goodies but it's also the quickest F150 you can buy. Okay, the last part was true until like 2019 when they stuck the High Output 3.5 in the Limited F150's as well. 

I don't need or expect a rocket ship but something that's pretty quick also. 

Per MT, they tested a 2018 Canyon Denali 4X4 with the new 3.6 and 8spd at 6.8 seconds to 60mph and 15.2 second @ 90mph quarter mile.

Per MT, they tested a 2018 Colorado ZR2 with the new 3.6 and 8spd at 7.2 seconds to 60mph and 15.5 second @93mph quarter mile.

Cut a half second off the ZR2's time(1/4 mile) and it's properly done, imo. 

That's pretty crappy. Is there a chance you could demand a new door skin? 

Used ones are dropping to around 30k! 

I think a diesel one would be BAD-ASS(even though they're slower than dogsh!t). 

OMG.....I could afford 30K! I am making extra payments on the Ranger and took a five year note rather than a six year because I want to own the next toy. That being said....my 55 Chevy...my 66 Fastback Mustang...My 2002 Miata that I raced, and my TDI 2015 Jetta I think Join with the Ranger as my 5 favorite cars. Ever owned....of all of them...and I have owned over 30, many of them long term.

Too early to tell on the Ranger for sure...but a very intense honeymoon period with it right now. .

The slow thing is why I bought 2wd, regular cab, light on the options with the Ranger. Plenty of power, but lean more towards that Ford Motorsports tune every time I pull out into traffic.

Getting back to "Blu...."

Do you ever see yourself putting a more aggressive but still street derivable tire on your truck? I have all terrains on the Ranger and love them. Thinking when I hit 40 or 50K I want to put something like a B F Goodrich K02 on the truck.

Think it might be cool if you did something similar.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Glad you like it, I honestly just cannot get into the Roman Soldier face mask front end styling. I do like the color.

@ocnblu I would ask that they replace the door since they drilled it without talking to you first and getting your approval.

What did you decide?

Actually I think the Roman face looks Badass. In some ways I like it better than the Gladiator, and am crushing hard on the Gladiator at the moment.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit it's not going well.  The transmission had other issues before the shuddering started that I was hoping would be magically eliminated alongside, but no, and they are more pronounced now.  First cold 3-4 shift on light throttle, it feels like it goes into neutral between the shift, then lunges into 4th.  It still stumbles/acts clueless on which gear it wants when resuming throttle after a coast situation.  It still has a miniature shudder on hills/won't downshift to keep the engine happy.  It feels different and overall worse since GM's "fix" was performed.

As far as driving the truck, you'd think before signing for a $37k truck I'd test drive it long enough to make sure I'm comfortable.  Just like my 2015 Colorado, the seat puts pressure on my left thigh and causes pain after some miles of driving, and even though I have my seat raised off the floor because of my shortness, the steering column does not adjust low enough for longterm driving comfort.  With my elbow resting on the left armrest, I can barely reach the 10:00 position on the wheel, I have to stretch just enough that it causes discomfort after driving for a while.

Waaaahhhh..... sorry, just trying to be real.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, regfootball said:

time for a Silverado my friend!  A nice turbo 4.....or the work truck with the v6.....

reg, I wasn't crying because of your choice of replacement, was crying because I'm not READY to go through the process of replacing my beautiful blu Z71 Colorado.  I wish everything was hunky-dory with it.  You hear things and think "it won't happen to me".

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

i don't know if the 8 speed in the Colorado is the same 8 speed in the CT6? but the 8 speed in the CT6 has issues as well, likely similar issues, and that is why my enthusiasm for looking for an early version CT6 was blunted. Also its why CT6's are getting cheaper on the used market.   If i look for a CT6 in the future it must have the new 10 speed automatic, which by all accounts has been a great tranny for the Caddies and Camaros.

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... now I am wondering if part of the bulletin to change the transmission fluid also includes a reflash/reset to "learn" mode, like when the truck is new, because the transmission has settled down quite a bit since my last crying jag.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:55 PM, ocnblu said:

Hmmm... now I am wondering if part of the bulletin to change the transmission fluid also includes a reflash/reset to "learn" mode, like when the truck is new, because the transmission has settled down quite a bit since my last crying jag.

Do you think they did the reset or do you think they didn't?

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Do you think they did the reset or do you think they didn't?

I'm thinking they did it and it took this long for it to come 'round.  Of course I'm guessing because it has definitely settled itself considerably.  Still has that weird thing on the first cold 3-4 shift under light throttle, but it was like that from new, it did not manifest itself at the same time as the shudder.