2022 Chevy Silverado

regfootball

Many new articles on the new 2022 Silverado.  Google or Bing or DDG away and enjoy.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37517085/2022-chevy-silverado-1500-revealed/

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/2022-chevrolet-silverado/

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/2022-chevrolet-silverado-1500-engines-2-7l-l3b-turbo-upgraded-to-420-lb-ft-of-torque/

https://thenewswheel.com/more-2022-silverado-trims-get-standard-turbo-engine/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/gm-super-cruise-2022-chevy-silverado-1500/

a new ZR-2.  New big 13.4 inch screen, new interior.  SuperCruise on High Country.  Turbo 4 now uprated to 420 lb.-ft. of torque.

sweet new grille.  meatflaps mostly gone.

check out the console shifter!

2022 Silverado High Country

2022 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Edited by regfootball
  • Like 1

GM COULDN'T RESIST PUTTING IN A CLASSIC BLOCKY LOOKING T-BAR SHIFTER!!!!!

ALBEIT a very techy looking one.

6 minutes ago, David said:

The exterior still has not grown on me, ugliest of the GM trucks.

Interior is a very much needed update that is nice.

they purposely make the first version of the new body sort of ugly, it sets them up to make several mid cycle revisions, and can stretch the platform out FOREVER while having the chance to redesign the grill like 5 times.  they will finally get it right in about 2032.

Why is the Suburban's new dashboard now suddenly behind the design curve to this now.......makes no sense.  Suburban could have used this dash design with the big new screen.

Edited by regfootball
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, regfootball said:

Why is the Suburban's new dashboard now suddenly behind the design curve to this now.......makes no sense.  Suburban could have used this dash design with the big new screen.

Probably waiting until the Suburban and other SUVs get an MCE in a couple years.

30 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Sure hope the console shifter isn't mandatory across most trims, and is a HC-level thing. Dumb waste of space.

Update looks good, tho it's a bit more mainstream. I'd prefer the '19-21 nose, all else being equal.
Interior looks great.

No, the column shifter is still available and will probably be the most shipped. 

some of the truck consoles are out of control. 

Uprated turbo 4 really intrigues me. 

50 minutes ago, regfootball said:

No, the column shifter is still available and will probably be the most shipped. 

some of the truck consoles are out of control. 

Uprated turbo 4 really intrigues me. 

Column shift now with the ability to have electronic versions is a true waste of space as that center console is just so FAT! Talk about a waste of leg space and comfort. One thing I love about my 94 GMC Suburban is that the center stops with the seats and you still have a big open space, very roomy and comfortable at the legs.

Not my Suburban, but my interior does look like this, but much cleaner. Love the leg space, love that Rivian has taken this approach in their R1T and R1S auto's.

image.png

10 hours ago, David said:

Column shift now with the ability to have electronic versions is a true waste of space as that center console is just so FAT! Talk about a waste of leg space and comfort. One thing I love about my 94 GMC Suburban is that the center stops with the seats and you still have a big open space, very roomy and comfortable at the legs.

Not my Suburban, but my interior does look like this, but much cleaner. Love the leg space, love that Rivian has taken this approach in their R1T and R1S auto's.

image.png

i love that era of GM dashboards.....lots of rectangular or square buttons ...so many operative choices!

• Like 2