Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2006 Carlisle All-GM nationals...

Arg.

I'd try to come ... except, I'll be in Goodletsville TN for the MC Nationals.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"We're outta here" ... Steve Azar ... 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'

I'm going with or without my Hawk.

Ill let you know if i can go camino......... im about 90% sure i can make it. Ill catch you later.... and how about those steaks before i grow old and grey?

I'll try to come up. I'm a "last minute" kinda guy though, maybe we can keep this thread bumped until closer to the event. I see the H3t on the web page... I wonder if Camaro will make an appearance?

Damn it I WANT to go but on such short notice.... :(

I'm definately going Saturday to see everything that's there...... don't have a GM product to show off, but never the less it will be fun. Last year I went to the all Ford nationals and they had the GT500 there, so I am hoping that the Camaro will be there for viewing. Also wondering if possibly the Velite or Sixteen will be there (although a big time longshot).

I'm going upstate, NY this weekend, perhaps bringing home a biiiiiiiiig surprise :AH-HA_wink:

Yyyyou could say that. Put it this way, you're close, but way off :AH-HA_wink:

All right. I better shut up. I don't wanna jinx it.

So, who went? I went yesterday <Saturday>; got there around 11:30 AM (a little over a two hour drive from NJ). It rained on the PA Turnpike on the way there, but outside of the last Lancaster exit it stopped. No rain at all while I was there - left around 5:30. It did rain on the way home, made for an interesting drive (there was an '06 DTS flipped on its roof).

I attended the 2:00 PM seminar presented by David North, retired GM engineer and consultant, and Scott Settlemeir -- the F-body father! I think it was suppose to be more David talking, but the audience really wanted to hear from Scott and the conversation was more about the Camaro concept (which was on display there). Scott allowed the audience to ask questions and he would answer as best as he could without getting himself in trouble. I asked him about his reaction to the '07 Silverado leak and he said he was not too happy. Seems as some oaf decided to take the <red> truck out of the safe/secure zone for a quick car wash. D'oH!!! He said it seems on the 'Net everyone is complaining about the hood gap (aka opened hood). I asked if the Sierra was differentiated more than the Silverado and he replied "yes". I then asked if they both shared the same headlights and he said "no". So needless to say I'm really excited to see the new Sierra now. It was a great experience to listen to these two men and meet Scott in person.

Unfortunately the rain kept most of the show cars & trucks away, as there were many open fields and lots of missing catergories. :angry:

I was there Saturday - got there around 2 and left at 4:30. It rained for maybe 3 minutes while I was on the Turnpike. The rain (or threat of rain) kept some cars away as there were some empty spots, but didn't rain at all while I was there. The Camaro concept was there, and there was about 20 people at all times it seemed like was looking at it. There was some people saying they liked it, some that said they hated it.

There wasn't as many Cadillacs and Buicks there as I had expected, but there was a really nice '58 ElDorado which blew me away the most. I took alot of pictures, so hopefully in the next few days I can get them uploaded and post them here.