Any good flicks out there lately?

I have been a little busy and have wanted to go see a flick. For some stupid reason, I wanted to see "Poseidon." The reviews were not good, but I love ships. Two years out of college, I got to go on the QE2 but I was hooked long before then as a little kid when we would sail out of NY on other liners to go see relatives on the other side of the Atlantic. Is "Poseidon" any good? Any good comedies or mysteries out there? Reg, where are you?

Running Scared is a good movie. It's sort of a psych-thriller about this shady guy who is involved in a drug ring, but then they get raided, and they attack and take down their raiders, only to find that they're police. The gang leader gives the main character a gun during the getaway, so that he can dump it, but unfortunately, the guy's kid and his friend saw where he hid it in his basement. The kid's friend ends up stealing it and shoots his abusive Russian stepdad in the shoulder with it and runs away from home, but something keeps happening and the gun keeps on changing hands everytime the main character gets close to tracking it down, and all the while, he's also got to find this kid who ran away from home, too.

It ends on a REALLY surprising twist.

Edited by Turbojett

I saw Poseidon, and it was OK. It was basically 15-20 minutes of people on the ship eating, gambling, and dancing and then the giant wave coming and capsizing the ship. Then a group of people try to escape for an hour or so. I wouldn't see it again, but it wasn't bad.

well, i haven't seen a movie in the theater since wedding crashers, and then before that was 'down with love'. but i do netflix and watch some of the new releases.

as far as poseidon, the original was cheesy, and any movie with Kurt Russell is bound to suck huge. HOWEVER, EMMY ROSSUM is in the movie, and if I understand the premise of the film correctly, there is water involved, EVERYWHERE, and she is bound to attract a lot of it, like a wet bounty paper towel. SO, that alone is likely worth the price of admission. I would pay 8 bucks to see Emmy Rossum watching paint dry. I would quit my job and forfeit my reitrement money just so I could watch Emmy Rossum make mochas at Starbucks every day. FOUR STARS.

oh wait, Ebert said it sucked. See it at your caution.

Edited by regfootball

Oh hey, there's a comedy out there with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughan together as a couple.

get it? BECAUSE its a FRICKING joke that SHE would date a guy like HIM!!!! comedy! joke!

I would like to see Prairie Home Companion. Now, I live here in MSP where the show started, but I have never listened to one epsiode of it. EVER. That said, I could very much enjoy the movie I think.

Edited by regfootball

The girl and I wanted to catch a movie last night...the latest showing was a 10:25pm show and it was Nacho Libre. Oh boy, fun times there!!! NOT!

If it weren't for the movie breaking and shutting down two times I was liable to pass out from boredom. I'm so glad we didn't get to see the end of the movie and opted to spend some other time together in Mt. Clemens.

The good thing is, they gave us movie vouchers for free, and I bitched so they gave us two more.

Guest YellowJacket894

Wake me up when the movie version of Stephen King's "From A Buick 8" gets here. :AH-HA_wink: :AH-HA_wink:

Last movie I watched? Again, another movie based on King novel: the Made-For-ABC-Movie "Desperation."

Edited by YellowJacket894

Cars was awesome! I laughed all the way through it, the wife wants to see the new Stuperman movie, I'm not too keen on it (never did like superman), but I know I'll go see it with her. I wanted to see Posiedon just to see how it stacked up to the original, but at the same time, I heard all the reviews and decided to wait till it hits dvd.