Fisker Joins Others to Adopt Tesla's NACS Charging :Comments

Drew Dowdell

Fisker Inc. announced today that, starting in the first quarter of 2025, Fisker drivers will be able to charge at Tesla's 12,000 Supercharger Stations in the U.S. and Canada. All current and future Fiskers will be eligible.

Current model drivers will use an NACS adapter, but a future refresh is planned to change the charge port on the vehicles to the NACS model.  Those future vehicles will be supplied with a CCS to NACS adapter, ensuring broad compatibility.

This move by Fisker will more than double the number of public chargers available to Fisker drivers when it comes into effect.

View full article

• Like 1

Awesome to see more are adopting this to take away another excuse by the EV haters that you cannot charge an EV.

This is also good news to see additional vendors get approval to built the NACS ports and cables.

Tesla issues license to Volex to build NACS connector | Electrek

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:09 AM, David said:

Awesome to see more are adopting this to take away another excuse by the EV haters that you cannot charge an EV.

This is also good news to see additional vendors get approval to built the NACS ports and cables.

Tesla issues license to Volex to build NACS connector | Electrek

I need to make up a list of who has joined the NACS bandwagon.  I'm thinking about building an EV resources page on here for stuff like that.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I need to make up a list of who has joined the NACS bandwagon.  I'm thinking about building an EV resources page on here for stuff like that.

Agree that would be a great resource.

NACS the North American New Charging Standard? - Automotive Industry - Cheers & Gears (cheersandgears.com)

Rivian Latest to Join the NACS Camp - Rivian - Cheers & Gears (cheersandgears.com)

Electrify America Adding NACS Connectors - Automotive Industry - Cheers & Gears (cheersandgears.com)

Tesla Supercharger Network of North America Now a Benz Charging Option - Mercedes Benz - Cheers & Gears (cheersandgears.com)

We do have a pretty good start with all the info in the links above.

On 8/21/2023 at 9:14 AM, Drew Dowdell said:

Yeah, but I think I want a consolidated page. Less of an article and more of a chart.

Acura and Honda have joined the NACS camp for North America now. Probably GM had something to do with this.

14 hours ago, David said:

Acura and Honda have joined the NACS camp for North America now. Probably GM had something to do with this.

I mean, that was a no-brainer for Honda/Acura since they're going to use the Ultium platform.  They just needed to negotiate the contractual stuff with Tesla on their own.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot Fisker existed.

Partly because Fisker will not be offered in Quebec.  I just learned than right now when googling andn hence why up here, I dont get a lot of info on them.

The Ocean ius set to start at 43 000 CDN in Canada. Vancouver and Toronto.    Im guessing its 30 000 US dollars.  

I googled again and in the US, its MSRP is supposedly 37 000 US dollars.   Deliveries start in September for both countires.

But the prices spike up very high after the base model.   Like very high. 

The base model has a 250 mile range.  The next one up is 340 miles but at 50 000 US dollars.   Yowza!  That is not how market share will be taken away from Tesla.  Sure the Ocean looks great, but Tesla has its market down pat.  Last time Fisker and Tesla competed on on one, Tesla won!  

And Fisker doesnt even want to sell in Quebec, in which Quebecois are more easily convinced in buying EVs moreso than in Ontario.  Sure Toronto is Canada's biggest city, but Toronto does not have an EV friendly mayor.  Montreal not only has an EV friendly mayor, the Minister, Monsieur Legault is also a friendly EV type of guy.  And THAT is also because Quebec has ALL the things going for it fior the adoption of EVs...  

Its a stupid miscalculation of Fisker to ignore Quebec...   Costly mistake perhaps? 

17 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I forgot Fisker existed.

Partly because Fisker will not be offered in Quebec.  I just learned than right now when googling andn hence why up here, I dont get a lot of info on them.

The Ocean ius set to start at 43 000 CDN in Canada. Vancouver and Toronto.    Im guessing its 30 000 US dollars.  

I googled again and in the US, its MSRP is supposedly 37 000 US dollars.   Deliveries start in September for both countires.

But the prices spike up very high after the base model.   Like very high. 

The base model has a 250 mile range.  The next one up is 340 miles but at 50 000 US dollars.   Yowza!  That is not how market share will be taken away from Tesla.  Sure the Ocean looks great, but Tesla has its market down pat.  Last time Fisker and Tesla competed on on one, Tesla won!  

Agree that I like the looks of the Fisker Ocean and think there is potential for the base model, but prices jump so fast once you add options or move to the larger battery pack that I think it will be very limited in appeal to consumers.

Then you have the whole build it in Europe, Graz Austria to be exact, then ship to America and no tax breaks.