07 Infiniti G35

titan

It may be extremely expensive but it does not really look like it.  The low gloss is great, it's something all automakers should do or at least offer, but something just does not look right to me.

I don't like the hood cutline on the Infiniti or Porche.  Black hides it but every other color, I'm guessing, will show it off.  Different, yes, but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Agreed on both accounts. The wood (I'm guessing it's not real) has a weird graining, I'm not sure that I've ever seen graining like that on wood before. It's like there are little random splotches of black on the reddish-brown wood here and there.

And I didn't notice the cutline, but it will definetly show up on anything but dark blue and black.

IMO- the Porsche hood cutline shows up the worst, because of the slope of the nose you look into[/i] the gap, plus the rubber nose is pretty wavy in the above pic- catching your eye even moreso. The '911' is much tighter of a car dimensionally; there may have been more restrictions on where to run the cutline, IDK.

But there's something unrefined about the infiniti hood seam- just looks too arbitrary & 'rounded square' rather than actually designed intentionally. Something about it says Saturn L to me, too. Not a huge deal but could be better.

Overall I much prefer the current g35 to this, esp the rear- NG is getting far too bloated and derivative. The 'zit' taillight lenses have to go, too.

Wow, that is some of the worst looking wood I've ever seen in my life.

Exterior: 7/10 (the look from the back is better than the front)

Interior: 5/10 (overall bland layout, unimpressive materials)

You can't make any judgement about interior materials....unless you've SAT in the car...AND the car you sit in is a PRODUCTION model.

That being said....I've never been able to get too excited about Infiniti's vehicles. I don't know why but they've never seemed much more upscale to me than a nicely-turned out Nissan product.

Yes, this car is attractive and the interior seems to be a major improvement over the old car....but I still don't get a big yearning to go out and own one.

I'd take the NG CTS also.....even just based on what we've seen of it....