BMW M1 & Dodge Viper

What do these two cars have in common.

In other words, find the missing link.

Posted Image

Whenever I see vipers now I laugh. One of my friends is 6'5" and used to be in the air cadets. His instructor for one of his courses brought in his Viper and parked it on an unused runway. He told all his students they could go out and drive it. My friend tried, but he couldn't get in. As far as the seat would go back, he still couldnt get his knees in around the steering wheel. :lol:

There is a relevant connection, a very interesting one at that.

As far as the Viper's ergonomics... I'm 5' 8" and I hate that

damn car's pedal placement. The Gas pedal is where the

brake pedal should because of the stupid huge trans tunnel.

Now as far as another hint: It has nothing to do with Dodge

or BMW...

The M1 was originally planned to be assembled by Lamborghini, but at the time, Lambo was in a rough financial state and assembly had many delays, so production had to be moved to Baur.

Lamborghini was owned by Chrysler at the time of the Viper's development, so Lamborghini had input in the design of the aluminum block for the Viper.

Nick got it. 8)

This was a repeat question I posted that same photo of the

M1 & Viper & asked it originally about a year ago. I was

cleaning out my Photobucket when I noticed the photo and

then remembered the question. :P

Recycling at its best.

Whenever I see vipers now I laugh. One of my friends is 6'5" and used to be in the air cadets. His instructor for one of his courses brought in his Viper and parked it on an unused runway. He told all his students they could go out and drive it. My friend tried, but he couldn't get in. As far as the seat would go back, he still couldnt get his knees in around the steering wheel.  :lol:

haha, my brother is 5'7 and he cant even reach the pedals... with the seat all the way forward...

it was his dream car, always, until that day he sat in it...

As far as the Viper's ergonomics... I'm 5' 8" and I hate that

damn car's pedal placement. The Gas pedal is where the

brake pedal should because of the stupid huge trans tunnel.

I had the same problem but I forgave them for this as soon as I got to play with that gas pedal :ohyeah: